Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2007, 02:35 PM

Default Re: MyWebATM on Full Tilt?

[ QUOTE ]
The funniest thing about this thread is people wanting to protect their SSN. I'm not sure people understand how unprotectable that number is. If you really want to prevent identity theft, you need to talk to the credit bureaus and cut the information off there.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-04-2007, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Actually, these assurances should be able to stop Neteller from "taking" everyone's money. For the moment, our money is not accessible, and for this I am displeased. But there are supposedly means within the UK banking regulations for petition of grievances and remedy.

Similarly, if a bank in the USA says "we can't let you withdraw your money right now," you have means through the government ofr a remedy. It may not get fixed in a short time, but it is highly likely you will get your money returned. I don't think it a stretch to call it a scam if either the company or FTP is aware that what just happened with Neteller is likely to happen to MyWebATM as soon as they become big enough to attract some attention.

None of this may be perfect, and the outcome may still be very bad for those with money still in Neteller.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, there are two issues. First is whether or not it's a scam. A scam implies that there is never any attempt to provide the service and to either make off with any funds you deposit or to use the collected information in order to defraud you.

The second part is whether or not this is a scam in the sense that these guys have solved none of the problems that have resulted in other payment processors being shut down. Read up on it a bit and it's the same ACH/EFT and credit card funding methods that haven been shut down recently. And when they get blocked it's likely to be much more difficult to get your money back than it is from Neteller who is at least regulated.

So when someone says that this is a "safe and secure" method to transfer funds you really need to ask for a definition of safe and secure. With the current legal climate I think a valid question to ask any processor would be what their damage control plan is when their access to the ACH/EFT networks is cut off. How are users going to access their funds when the Cirrus network cuts them off. If they don't have answers to those questions then, IMHO, your money is anything but safe and secure.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:55 PM

Better go to the myWebATM website and under Terms & Conditions check out the fees.

I damn sure am not going to pay a monthly fee!
Old 02-04-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The funniest thing about this thread is people wanting to protect their SSN. I'm not sure people understand how unprotectable that number is. If you really want to prevent identity theft, you need to talk to the credit bureaus and cut the information off there.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, i live in California, and this webATM thing is based out of Van Nuys, CA. Lets say i withdraw more than 600 dollars, do i have to pay taxes on this money? In the great state of california, any documented wins over 600$ you have to pay taxes on. even though i could claim it against losses its still a big pile of crap i dont want to have to go thru.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:07 PM

MyWebATM Pro:
-It was very fast and easy to sign up.
-It will most likely be faster than waiting to receive a check from FTP.

Con:
-I decided to deposit the minimum amount ($40) because I need the service simply to withdraw a large amount from FT. Once all of the fees were added up, it came out to about $12.

-It will take 10-15 business days before I will receive the card. You can pay $25 for "express" shipping but that would still take around 7 days.

Could this service actually save money? Full tilt deducted neteller fees from players with rakeback. Since MyWebATM is hitting the consumers with small fees, I would think they won't be charging FT for deposits. Does anyone know how that will work?
Old 02-04-2007, 03:38 PM

So if i deposited today when could I begin to play? I really want to play in the 300k event, but I have not a dime in that account.

I have exhausted every option I know of and don't know a lot of people who play there, so I have no way of getting someone to transfer.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:45 PM

It will take a few days before the account is active. This is from the email they sent me:

"First we must verify the account you have set up to fund your new MYWEBATM account. Please check your funding account within the next 2-3 business days for a small deposit amount from us. When the deposit has hit your funding account, please login and verify this amount
so we may activate your account."
Old 02-04-2007, 03:50 PM

Thanks......Looks like no 300k event for me. Sux!

I'll probably sit on the sidelines and wait until some more information comes out.
Old 02-04-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just to clarify something, their signup form IS SECURE, its just put inside an non-secure frame or something, so thats why the little lock doesnt show up. Your personal info is safe, (at least from hackers).

[/ QUOTE ]

So, umm, how exactly is your information transmitted from the http form you fill out to the https server where it's received? That isn't my definition of "secure".
Old 02-04-2007, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just to clarify something, their signup form IS SECURE, its just put inside an non-secure frame or something, so thats why the little lock doesnt show up. Your personal info is safe, (at least from hackers).

[/ QUOTE ]

So, umm, how exactly is your information transmitted from the http form you fill out to the https server where it's received? That isn't my definition of "secure".

[/ QUOTE ]

Regardless of the details, any financial company that runs a webpage that doesn't show up as 'secure' to the average punter is shoddy in their website design. How much that extends into the rest of the company, I have no idea.