Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2007, 03:45 PM

Default Re: ---- February 2007 Low Content Thread ---

[ QUOTE ]
what happened to the flopalyzer? It doesn't show up on propokertools anymore, did it get removed?

[/ QUOTE ]

It just worked for me.

http://www.propokertools.com/simulator/f...amp;h4=&h5=

I will say that it doesn't work 100% of the time, and I don't know if this is an issue of downtime from programming adjustments or server issues. I'm pretty sure the guy who runs it (bachfan) does this as a hobby. He will sometimes respond to emails sent from the site although response time will vary.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:50 PM

i don't see a flopalyzer link above, and when i click edit it takes me to the simulator. am i retahdered?
Old 02-14-2007, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't see a flopalyzer link above, and when i click edit it takes me to the simulator. am i retahdered?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean for No Limit? I've never used the site for NL, but I'm vaguely aware that there are tools for NL not available for PLO.

Or do you mean analyzing PLO flops with different hands? About 2 months ago, he changed the format so that the output is a bit different. There used to be histograms, this format is a bit easier to use without having to do extra work. Also, as a "hidden" feature, you can get the raw data too.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:43 PM

yeah, I was looking for the histograms. It used to be under a seperate link, as well.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:02 PM

[censored]

300 bb pot, 200bb went in on the turn

pokenum -o kd 8d 9s ts - ks 2d ad as -- qd 4d js 5s
Omaha Hi: 40 enumerated boards containing Js 5s Qd 4d
cards win %win lose %lose tie %tie EV
Ts 9s Kd 8d 8 20.00 32 80.00 0 0.00 0.200
As Ks Ad 2d 32 80.00 8 20.00 0 0.00 0.800

Edit

Followed by this 200bb all in on the flop

pokenum -o jh 9c 2d qh - ah 8h 4d qc -- 4h th qs
Omaha Hi: 820 enumerated boards containing Qs Th 4h
cards win %win lose %lose tie %tie EV
9c 2d Qh Jh 248 30.24 572 69.76 0 0.00 0.302
Qc 4d Ah 8h 572 69.76 248 30.24 0 0.00 0.698

[censored] February

Edit 2 - Ok, I know these are just omaha, but it has been a month of these and I am getting frustrated.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:40 PM

edit 3
god mother [censored] damnit how many [censored] times can I get the money in on the turn as a 3+:1 favorite and lose tonight? I think I am at 5 or 6 in the past hour.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:12 AM

i saw a big pot you lost where you threebet 9jqxds or something deep against a good aggressive opponent... i see this [censored] all the time where good players go out of their way to play big tricky pots against other good players. That just isn't good value, dude...

otherwise good luck, hope your evening turns around.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i saw a big pot you lost where you threebet 9jqxds or something deep against a good aggressive opponent... i see this [censored] all the time where good players go out of their way to play big tricky pots against other good players. That just isn't good value, dude...

otherwise good luck, hope your evening turns around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh god, that pot (if it is the one I think it was). I had a reason for pre flop but I [censored] up post flop. It was a slight +ev if he didn't have the fd with his aces (or his side cards otherwise hit hard), really -ev otherwise.

btw, that good tricky player is who got his money in really bad against me twice and sucked out. (I forget who the others were, but I ran two dimes several times tonight out of morbid curiousity). There were hands where reading him was really easy, then I just didn't let it go. puke.

I may just play HU for the next few days. Feb has just been one prolonged kick in the balls, and I think I have been playing like my c game.

(What was so frustrating tonight is I realize my aggression levels have been really off lately, and I adjusted early, and kept getting my money in good but ended up doen 5 or 6 buy ins. Then I got my money in bad several times and ended up down like 9 or 10 buy ins total.)

Bleh, I will be back at 1/2 soon if this keeps up. Maybe I need a break from PLO for some perspective. I had a great december and january, but the first two weeks of feb have wiped out most or all of jan.

And since this is a no content thread, it pisses me off to no end that I have had no way to [censored] withdraw money effectively or this month would be at least 10K better since that is what I was going to take out in late jan/early feb. jeeze, this is the worst month I have had ever. At least it is following the best cash game month I ever had.

Oh well, I need to get some sleep. Tomorrow is another day.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:25 AM

yeah, I think that player can offer implied odds in certain spots, but that's normally not in things like trying to snap off his aces... he's long-term one of the biggest winners in that game, I think. The problem with your 3-bet I think is that you're getting in a position to play a big pot in a situation where I think alot of the time that the money is going to go in on flops like that, you're draws are second best. The deeper the money gets, the more you have to be worried about those scenarios, I think. If you had 789Tds or 9TJQds or some very premium hand then it's cool, but I think that was tilt/fancy and I don't think there was much value in it.

the flop with the AAds against the wrap, why did you wait until the turn to get the money in?

good luck with recouping... maybe go play something else for a while, or move down and regain some confidence.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:27 AM

yeah, I think that player can offer implied odds in certain spots, but that's normally not in things like trying to snap off his aces... he's long-term one of the biggest winners in that game, I think. The problem with your 3-bet I think is that you're getting in a position to play a big pot in a situation where I think alot of the time that the money is going to go in on flops like that, you're draws are second best. The deeper the money gets, the more you have to be worried about those scenarios, I think. If you had 789Tds or 9TJQds or some very premium hand then it's cool, but I think that was tilt/fancy and I don't think there was much value in it.

good luck with recouping... maybe go play something else for a while, or move down and regain some confidence.