Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2007, 05:13 PM

Default Re: Intersting Tour News

[ QUOTE ]
As for impact, I have no clue. I certainly don't care and it obviously won't change what I play, but it's yet another key loss from the Titleist empire to their main competition.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't post the news because I thought it was going to influence the great tuq on his choice of equipment. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

I just found it noteworthy and thought it should be mentioned for anybody interested [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-04-2007, 07:05 PM

Default Re: 2007 PGA Tour / Fed-X Cup Thread

poor baby boo
Old 03-04-2007, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
poor baby boo

[/ QUOTE ]

By-Tor,

Quick recap please. I was watching UNC get bloodied but beat dook.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
poor baby boo

[/ QUOTE ]

By-Tor,

[/ QUOTE ]

Boo Weekley had a putt at 18 from about 3.5 ft. to win in regulation and blew it about 3.5 ft. past. he made that one to force a 4 man playoff between Jose Coceres, Villegas, himself and Mark Wilson.

on the first playoff hole, all four men made a par including Wilson, who drained about a 30 footer after hitting into the hazard. playoff will resume tomorrow at 8AM on TGC, suspended due to darkness.

edit: let me know if you want any details added to that recap.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
poor baby boo

[/ QUOTE ]

By-Tor,

[/ QUOTE ]

Boo Weekley had a putt at 18 from about 3.5 ft. to win in regulation and blew it about 3.5 ft. past. he made that one to force a 4 man playoff between Jose Coceres, Villegas, himself and Mark Wilson.

on the first playoff hole, all four men made a par including Wilson, who drained about a 30 footer after hitting into the hazard. playoff will resume tomorrow at 8AM on TGC, suspended due to darkness.

[/ QUOTE ]

Solid, thanks. I usually don't miss the Sunday rounds but was watching the UNC / then blogging about the flagrant foul that was committed at the end of the game.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
poor baby boo

[/ QUOTE ]

By-Tor,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Solid, thanks. I usually don't miss the Sunday rounds but was watching the UNC / then blogging about the flagrant foul that was committed at the end of the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

no problem at all. I was flipping between the UNC/Duke game and the Honda too, but once it seemed like UNC had it under control I couldnt stay away from the Honda too long. my description doesn't really do it justice, but it was a pretty fun final round.

there was a lot of jostling for position on the back nine between all the unproven players, it was a pretty tightly packed leaderboard. a few of the bigger name guys like Bob Allenby and a few others missed a couple opportunities to make it an even larger playoff.

Weekley had just taken the lead on 17 with a bird from about 15 or so ft, and had a kind of sliding downhiller from maybe 35 or so on 18, two putts for the win. just left it a little too short. the one he missed from about 3.5 was not at all the type of putt you want remaining to claim your first PGA tour victory though. so it's not like he just gagged on an uphiller or anything. I hope Weekley comes out of the playoff with the win, he seems like a pretty amusing/cool character.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bob Allenby

[/ QUOTE ]
"Bob"? Are you guys mo'fos or something? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Didn't watch this until this morning, then was annoyed to discover that today's playoff had already ended by the time I got through the coverage. Mark Wilson deserved the win for those two massively clutch putts on the last three holes of regulation - although on the last one he probably didn't figure it would matter.

There was a classic Johnny Miller LOL moment during the playoff when he essentially called the organizers stupid for starting the playoff on the longest hole on the course when it was so close to darkness (this isn't an issue at the start of the year out west, since the tournaments wrap up hours before dark to accommodate the national telecast). Luckily starting next week all the Florida stops will gain an extra hour because of the early start to DST.

Also, that was a fun course to watch, but their decision to play 17 so short was a little puzzling. Also, I can't remember the answer to this, but I wonder if they re-cut and re-tee the course for next day playoffs.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:15 PM

Ummm, the Arnold Palmer Invitational is heating up nicely. TW, El Nino, Vijay, and Luke Donald hunting among others for the win.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:16 PM

more than a dozen guys winthin a couple of shots. great tournament going.
Old 03-18-2007, 04:27 PM

What an incredible shot by Vijay through that tree.