Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > Special Sklansky Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2007, 06:08 PM

Default Re: Rate This \"Edge\"

In the first case, where you know you will be able to see the cards of the player on your right every hand, your chance of winning approaches 100%

I just wanted suggest two things that I haven't seen mentioned yet in the thread. Heads up with the player on your right whose cards you can see, you have to radically alter your play. The idea here is to wait until the river until committing your money. With this sort of an edge, you don't want to leave anything to chance. so you get to the river as cheaply as possible, and when you are best, you bet whatever you think the market will bear. (i think this is why DS mentioned that the other players will not notice odd plays--because your play HU with the person on your right would be very strange).

The other thing no one has mentioned yet is this: eventually, everyone is going to be on your right.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, MCS, over or under 80%?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know. I haven't thought about it. Many people, including you, have thought about it plenty and will continue to have good discussion.

We could probably just keep arguing forever, but to semi-tie things up on my end: I wrote "someone in this thread besides you" with myself in mind in the first place. My verbal score has nothing to do with anything. I do not have a scanner and am not taking time out of my day just to convince you that I'm telling the truth. You may well be much smarter than me. I do not owe you a billion dollars and never will. I probably won't post here again, since as you have pointed out, it clutters the thread.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:06 PM

What's the use of being smart if you don't contribute anything?

-Wise Young on Marilyn vos Savant, 1986

(short stories? lol)