Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2007, 03:39 PM

Default Re: Ask me threads.

mat,

why can't there be a full ring no limit forum? there will definitely be interest in it. often when i post a thread in ssnl, at least a few responses in every thread is "play 6 max" or it hijacks into a discussion on why 6 max is "better" than full ring.

many times, i'll send a hand to a fellow full ring player, he'll say standard fold, or solid fold, or something of that nature, but if I post the same hand in ssnl, 6 max players will be shocked that the hand is ever a fold. it's not their fault or anything; it's just that 6 max is completely different from full ring.

as for interest, we could make the forum span all limits that are full ring. most high limits play short handed, so there wouldnt be a problem with advice not applying to the limit.

i would also say that 200nl full ring is more similar to 2knl full ring than it is to 200nl 6 max. it's just a completely different game. the game plays much tighter, and unless a player plays full ring regularly, it's tough for them to give advice that is compatible with the way the game plays.

so, what's the opposition to the forum? i get pm's every day from different people asking for my aim name to discuss hands. why can't that traffic be focused on 2+2 so a real resource can be available for players?

-nation
Old 01-13-2007, 03:43 PM

The Tahoe trip was better than most. It wasn't until the last night, christmas eve, that things got a little ugly. Jeff had to smack Morgan around a bit (my younger brothers).

It's unlikely we'll return before april. Presumably I'll see you before then in Vegas.
Old 01-13-2007, 03:47 PM

This question should go in atf. I don't make decisions like this by myself.
Old 01-13-2007, 03:53 PM

Doh I missed seeing Jeffery...I havent seen him in like forever...damn wished I could've come out that way for a little while to see him.
Old 01-13-2007, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
mat,

why am I banned from being a 2+2 mod?

is there anything specific i can do for that to change in the future?

is there a chance that the current situation could change and i would be considered for moderator?

-nation

[/ QUOTE ]

tools can't be mods.
Old 01-13-2007, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All of my employment is thru 2+2 and has been for a couple years.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's pretty interesting. Why did you lie to me when we spoke on the phone after my first banning?
Old 01-13-2007, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For Mat and Ryan,

1) Right now, what is the most surprising thing to you about forum life and the type of complaints you get? Do you lie in bed at night and stew over the problems?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't put it like that, but I do sometimes stew over problems during the day.

The most surprising thing to me about the forums and complaints we receive is not what you might think. I'm rarely surprised by what people decide to post or complain about. But I am always a little amazed by how quickly stories on here can become warped by different people retelling them different ways. I actually mentioned something similar in a PM to a member recently. It seems to happen a lot with stuff about mods.

It goes like this (names generated by the gamespy naminator):

PicklyArm: Hey did you guys know that mod X IP banned LuminousBurrito forever for that post?

UnsavoryBush: This is ridiculous. A permanent ban for that? I'm outraged!

CorruptYou: Yeah, this is bad. This forum is really going downhill.

CrimsonBarnicle: CorruptYou for mod!

<font color="green">Moderator</font>: Guys, I banned Lumin for 3 days because he had been warned about posting pictures of his shaved cat inline before. Those need to be linked.

PicklyArm: Oh, well I heard that he was IP banned. That's a little different. I still think you should have given him a warning instead, though.

CrimsonBarnicle: PicklyArm for mod!

UnsavoryBush posting in a different thread later on: I can't believe that mod IP banned Lumin, shot him in the leg, and then ate his dog!

BrutalGimp: Wow! He did that? This is crazy.

And that's how a lot of stories can develop on 2+2, regardless of whether they're about forum moderation.

[ QUOTE ]
Do people’s real-life personalities match up with their online personalities?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes.

I really haven't met many posters from 2+2 at all, but they were mostly like they seem online.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think if participants are truly willing it's probably ok. It would have to be approved on a case-by-case basis.

[/ QUOTE ]
When you say approved, do you mean admin approved? I ask because I think we have a good first test case.
Old 01-14-2007, 11:37 AM

I said that the forums were not my full-time job.

They still are not.

My primary responsibility is to manage the office. At the time I spoke to you on the phone, was a period before all the vounteers where I wasn't able to effectively stay on top of moderation and perform my office duties.

Meaning employment with Two Plus Two Publishing LLC.

I think people who accuse me of lying are asshats.
Old 01-14-2007, 11:46 AM

I see the challenge was declined.

Survivor only works if the parties really are willing to face and maintain consequences on their own. I will never force someone to honor the results of a survivor contest from oot.

Which makes it moot, unless the loser is trustworthy. On the other hand, I really don't understand why certain posters have any desire to stay in an enviroment where they are disliked.

If people booed every time I made a post in a certain forum, I would choose to depart on my own. In that case, I would find survivor useful on a personal level.

Yes. I mean admin approved.