Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2007, 09:18 PM

Default Re: Durrrr playing 10-20nl

chud,

Are you saying that durrr despite heavy losses, was still properly rolled (defined as min 20 buyins) with *his own* monies to keep playing 100/200 but intentionally chose to drop down to 10/20? If that were the case, then I have indeed drawn wrong conclusions from his playing lower.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:24 PM

fsu,

how can you say bluff is consistantly right, when he is assuming that raptor is backing durrr? its a ridiculous assumption which he is passing off as a fact.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
chud,

Are you saying that durrr despite heavy losses, was still properly rolled (defined as min 20 buyins) with *his own* monies to keep playing 100/200 but intentionally chose to drop down to 10/20? If that were the case, then I have indeed drawn wrong conclusions from his playing lower.

[/ QUOTE ]

zomg 20 buyins!
Old 01-21-2007, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fsu,

how can you say bluff is consistantly right, when he is assuming that raptor is backing durrr? its a ridiculous assumption which he is passing off as a fact.

[/ QUOTE ]

i hear raptor is in the business of backing people...
Old 01-21-2007, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
because durr never posted strategy about those plo hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my point as far as when he wouldn't give reasons for a certain action he advocated/did for himself or others. And it's because he doesn't have the knowledge. Just look at the one thread where he wasn't in the had and it resulted in a 4 way allin, yet every single one of them according to him played "iffy but fine" and "standardish". That means 4 players pushed pre and they all played it 100% correct. Believe that's true if you want.

And BTW, I'm not bitter, nor an old man. But I am realistic and think better than many around here, even if I often take a harsh tone or don't choose my words as well as I should.

[/ QUOTE ]

i play hands bad sometimes, I make bad reads sometimes, I make good plays which you just dont understand, and i pick up things on my opponents (right or wrong) which you dont (every1 picks up different things this isnt meant as an 'im better than u sentence'). I have some stupid ass stomach flu or something n jus got sick so i prob wouldnt play too good right now but dont wanna get up from the comp... so feel free to ask me a million more questions as nows prob the only time ill feel like answering u.

Also i have no real desire to prove nething about my plo play or w/e, and at the time you started a billion threads iirc games were really stupid soft and i didnt wanna give anything away (even if there was a small chance of doing so), and sometimes i just found it funnier to ignore you.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:34 PM

BT,

Yes, your assumptions regarding durrr's financial state are false. I can't speak for all the reasons he dropped down, and for that matter wouldn't even if I knew. However, I'm comfortable saying that it wasn't becasue he HAD to. durrr can add more if he cares to.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:39 PM

ill ask away durr...u gonna jump back in those big ftp games in the near future or grinding lower for a while? Plus care to disclose the damage from that infamous december? (x post for BBV!)
Old 01-22-2007, 01:02 AM

durrr: are you using threaded mode?
Old 01-22-2007, 01:34 AM

Bluff,
Even if you are completely right (which I don't think you are), you really come off like a jerk. Rubbing in someone's misfortunes, especially someone like durrr who is generally a very likeable guy around here, shows a complete lack of taste.

I don't know if there is more history behind this so forgive me if I'm totally missing something important. I think you make a few points that have some merit but your general attitude and snide remakrs make it hard to actually think objectively about what you are saying.

I'm not an internet fanboy of durrr's. I've played lot's of hands (albeit NLHE not PLO) vs him at HSNL and he's a very tough player.

tc
Old 01-22-2007, 01:42 AM

durrr: why did you drop down? Is it true that you being backed by Raptor?