Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2007, 09:03 PM

Default Re: PCA Day 1 Survivors! - Busto

[ QUOTE ]
so wait, it wasnt even the guy who had the A3 that said your hand was dead, it was the rest of the table? wtf?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. It was the guy two to his left, a real loudmouth that had just thrown a fit because some of us slowpokes were ante'ing with $5000 chips and letting the dealer make change, which was slowing the game down (according to him). After the floor was called, he got even louder and started saying things like 'this is a horrible decision' 'I'll never put another dollar on these guys tables'...VERY loudly and demanded the floor guy go get his boss. One other guy on the table was just agreeing with him. I stayed pretty quiet because it was going my way until the very end and then I tried to protest, but obv wasn't successful. I know that your hand hitting the muck is a dead hand in a live game, but that isn't the ruling that had been happening throughout this tournament. I assumed it was due to the fact we're mostly autobots that don't know how to operate a muck and they were trying to be as fair as possible.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so wait, it wasnt even the guy who had the A3 that said your hand was dead, it was the rest of the table? wtf?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. It was the guy two to his left, a real loudmouth that had just thrown a fit because some of us slowpokes were ante'ing with $5000 chips and letting the dealer make change, which was slowing the game down (according to him). After the floor was called, he got even louder and started saying things like 'this is a horrible decision' 'I'll never put another dollar on these guys tables'...VERY loudly and demanded the floor guy go get his boss. One other guy on the table was just agreeing with him. I stayed pretty quiet because it was going my way until the very end and then I tried to protest, but obv wasn't successful. I know that your hand hitting the muck is a dead hand in a live game, but that isn't the ruling that had been happening throughout this tournament. I assumed it was due to the fact we're mostly autobots that don't know how to operate a muck and they were trying to be as fair as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, although i always hate it when a person doesnt justifiably lose (like when a team clearly loses to a refereeing mistake in any sport) i have to say that this time you can only blame yourself. most card rooms rule a hand dead when you push your cards in the muck.

In addition you are playing in a majot tournament close to the money, how the hell did you not pay attention to the play, and especially a guy moving all in UTG ie one to your left? Didnt you see he had cards in front of him?

I know mistakes can happen and ur way of losing is still crappy, and other players not in the hand getting involved is even worse, but i still have to put the blame mostly on you.

Better luck next time
Old 01-08-2007, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In addition you are playing in a majot tournament close to the money, how the hell did you not pay attention to the play, and especially a guy moving all in UTG ie one to your left? Didnt you see he had cards in front of him?

[/ QUOTE ]

He wasn't one to my left, he was on the other side of the dealer, Justin Bonomo, and whoever was in the BB. No, I looked around before I mucked my hand and I didn't see cards and his 'bet' was like in the same pile with the blinds. The dealer leaned over to scoop the blinds, so I see his back - I thought he was dragging the pot. I know I made a mistake, that's never been argued. But I know of this same mistake being made three different times and IN THIS TOURNAMENT (not 'most cardrooms' by a mile) the ruling by the dealer and then the floorman was always 'if the dealer knows which cards they are, they play'. In my instance, that wasn't good enough after the floor made his ruling (in my favor) and the loudmouth's fit elevated it to the tournament director (supposedly, I have no idea who this guy was, he wasn't marked in any way) who came by and said 'no, it's dead'.

I know I made a huge mistake, but that doesn't change the fact that I got a different ruling than everyone else that made the same mistake. Stevebets was at my table on Day 1a and the exact same thing happend (not with me) and even over the protests of 'live players', the ruling was the same - if the dealer is 100% sure of which cards they are, they come off the muck pile.

As far as not seeing the action, the UTG guy in seat three can act before I (in seat ten & on the button) even have two cards. When I got dealt my cards, I looked up and watched seat 4-9 muck their hands, I guess I assumed that seat 3 did, too. I didn't even look at my cards until it was my turn to act and I was going to push any two anyway - I was happy it was AK, but didn't expect any action anyway.