Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2007, 06:06 AM

Default Re: Negreanu lumps Raymer w/ Moneymaker & Gold

i dont know why anyone likes DN or ever liked him
He's as pompus as hellmuth and not nearly as good a tournament player or as entertaining to watch.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think Daniel's lists are very interesting when you consider the differences in the WPT and WSOP success between them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gordon and Lederer had two WPT wins each and Bloch two WPT final tables. I agree the lists are interesting, but I think bias did play a part.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm at work and can't access Hendon Mob or I'd look. But didn't Gordon just have 1 win? Bay 101 I think.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Obviously Raymer shouldn't be lumped in with the other two...hence the point of posting it. Why would Daniel say that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Jealousy is my guess

[/ QUOTE ]
same here, i did think raymer has backed up his WSOP win with some nice showings since...

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice showings, yes, but no finish better than 5th since the WSOPME win, and I'm guessing he plays a significant amount of tourneys.

I think to lump him in with Moneymaker and Gold is dumb, ( although CM DOES have a higher post-ME finish and prize than Raymer ..), Raymers post-ME win performance pales in comparison to Hachem, and really, for someone who plays as many as he does, isn't really all that special a track record at all, I hate to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you talking about?
Old 01-04-2007, 09:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Obviously Raymer shouldn't be lumped in with the other two...hence the point of posting it. Why would Daniel say that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Jealousy is my guess

[/ QUOTE ]
same here, i did think raymer has backed up his WSOP win with some nice showings since...

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice showings, yes, but no finish better than 5th since the WSOPME win, and I'm guessing he plays a significant amount of tourneys.

I think to lump him in with Moneymaker and Gold is dumb, ( although CM DOES have a higher post-ME finish and prize than Raymer ..), Raymers post-ME win performance pales in comparison to Hachem, and really, for someone who plays as many as he does, isn't really all that special a track record at all, I hate to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Carlos Mortenson, he has made more Post his ME win than raymer.

even though he hasnt won anything huge, he made a few WSOP cashes this year.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:52 AM

DN bashing - check
Kissing Raymers butt - check

Nothing new in this thread.

Not picking sides here, but it's a little ironic that people bring up DN's biases (sp?) all the while treating Raymer like somesort of God
Old 01-04-2007, 10:08 AM

FWIW what he states about the particular player and the way they play I don't know if that's how they play. What he states about his preferred style I agree with. I watched more of Jamie Gold due to the pay per view option for the final table. From what I could tell, again FWIW, he has a great deal of talent for NL Hold'em. One thinkg I like about him is his attitude in he states that he's got a great deal of room for improvement. It shows me he's not satisfied with his game and is working to get better. Again I think he's got a lot of talent for NL Hold'em.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:08 AM

How could Negreanu ever lump Raymer with Gold, he trapped everyone. Didn't he?
Old 01-04-2007, 10:12 AM

I didn't see this brought up: DN only lists guys on the small ball list who have won WPT events + Phil Hellmuth and Phil Ivey. Obviously, there must be more guys who are small-ballers who have not had WPT success. DN just didn't include these guys cuz they don't support his case.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think Daniel's lists are very interesting when you consider the differences in the WPT and WSOP success between them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gordon and Lederer had two WPT wins each and Bloch two WPT final tables. I agree the lists are interesting, but I think bias did play a part.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm at work and can't access Hendon Mob or I'd look. But didn't Gordon just have 1 win? Bay 101 I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Atlantis season 1. He lost to Helppi, but he'd already won $250,000 to Juha's $50,000. While Helppi beat him on TV, Gordon gets the victory nod for winning the pro half of the event
Old 01-04-2007, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jealousy is my guess

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Chris Moneymaker has a higher major tourney finish(2nd at Shooting Stars Bay 101) than Raymer, although i WAS incorrect on the higher cash prize since, ( Raymer got ~305k for his 2005 WSOP 25th).

Either way, was it REALLY that hard to figure out? ( I guess so, as another poster thought CM was Carlos Mortenson.)