Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2006, 08:26 PM

Default Re: Bad commercials enfuriate me. wtf.

Congrats to OOT, for NOT complaining about

Head On, apply directly to the forehead

Yes, it's annoying. But I'm proud of you guys, for realizing how effective it is, and not putting it on the "bad" list.

[ QUOTE ]
When have McDonald's ads ever been good?

[/ QUOTE ]

TwoAllBeefPattiesSpecialSauceLettuceCheese
PicklesOnionsOnASesameSeedBun

and

You deserve a break today
So get up and get away
At McDonalds
We do it all for you

(What the hell is this old guy talking about?)
Old 12-13-2006, 09:01 PM

Wow thanks for the reminder of the russian guy with the credit card ad. I hate that man, I want him dead, and his pseudo relatives.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:09 PM

Current worst one imo is a local Baltimore area commercial for Bob Bell Automotive. It has this annoying little jingle that goes "oooooooooh, Bob Bell!" over and over. Plus for some reason they show several of them in a row, so just when you think it's over it starts right back up again. I've considered getting Tivo/DVR solely because of this commercial. Any other Baltimorons know the one I'm talking about?
Old 12-13-2006, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The commercials for a credit card with that weird guy with the Russian accent makes my teeth grind.

Also the commercial for hdtv with Jessica Simpson. I love the a**slap but once she starts talking, it goes downhill in a hurry.

[/ QUOTE ]

VEEEKTOR pushing Citibanks REWARDS CREDIT CARD! First time I saw that I was like "wha???" But now that I think about it, it is excellent marketing, I know the company name, what they are pushing, how easy it is to earn "points". The trifecta of what they are going for.

It took me about 6 viewings before I realized he was saying "Rewarding" at the end. Guess that was their hook?

And I agree about the Jessica Simpson commercial. Gasp. Could she talk quicker, annunciate more poorly, and twitch her head any more? Michael J. Fox thinks she's shaking too much. "Ihavenoideawhatthatisbutiwanit" [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 12-13-2006, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Arby's seems to be the one fast food place without ever having a decent ad campaign. All the others have at least had thei moments, but Arby's has the dullest commercials around. What's their best one - that stupid oven mit?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't see those, but now that I think about it I do see a lot of those McDonald's ads featuring that Screech-looking mother [censored]. He gets $1 donations from everyone and makes a run on their dollar menu, then tries to smuggle it back into his place but the host catches him, and the next thing you know some hot blonde broad is grinding with him while she eats a cheeseburger at the same time some brother is all up in his piece looking for his parfait. WHAT. THE. [censored]?!

When have McDonald's ads ever been good? Plus there is that stupid ad where the brother comes back with a bunch of QPCs and serves them on an appetizer tray. ARGHHHH.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate McDonalds commercials. I'm convinced the advertising people are marketing towards stupid poor people because those are the only types of people that eat their food.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is that Mickey D's commercials get played SO MUCH during sporting events, so you are basically forced to watch them OVER and OVER again if you are at a bar.

Oh man, that McDonald's "hor d'oeuvres" commercial KILLS me. When was the last time ANYONE had some skinny chicks over that wanted to eat QPC while watching the game, as "hor d'oeuvres"?

But it is still a baby step better than the rollerblading/basketball "I'm lovin' it" commercials they had a couple years ago. I wanted to kill someone when I saw those.

I still eat McDonald's once a month, though. Dammit.

DN
Old 12-13-2006, 09:25 PM

I always thought "the king" in Burger King's ad is a pretty retarded idea. But then again, Here I am mentioning it, so I guess its effective... it still sucks though
Old 12-13-2006, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
YOU GUYS REALIZE THAT THEY WRITE THE COMMERCIALS THE WAY THEY DO FOR A REASON?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you, captOBVious.

That doesn't mean that people aren't allowed to hate the commercials.

[/ QUOTE ]yeah but there was a lot of sentiments in this thread like the guy that goes into marketing and says "and that's why I'm in marketing" after a bad commercial. I'm saying that he's going to be in for a rude awakening when he realizes that commercials he thinks stink are on the tv for a reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point.

But come on, no props for my play on your screen name?
Old 12-13-2006, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I utterly detest virtually every commercial on TBS. They are all so terribly written, have painfully bad acting, and the quality looks like something I could have made in my house.

The one really on my nerves right now is "Title Max" with that stupid girl with a huge smile and a big wad of cash singing "Title Max! Got your real Mo-Ney!"

[/ QUOTE ]

These are most likely commercial avails sold by your cable provider, as there is really no such thing as a commercial made for TBS.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:04 PM

Wow, I absolutely cant stand the GEICO "Caveman" commercials
Old 12-13-2006, 11:07 PM

The goal of these ad campaigns is not to get your approval. It's to create brand awareness and increase sales. Can you guys sing the "By Mennen" jingle? They don't care if you approve of their ads, they want you to remember them.