Party BJ 47 23.74%
$100STT 13 6.57%
Play NL terribly 28 14.14%
Cash out 5 2.53%
Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-13-2006, 04:54 AM

Default Re: OOT IRON CHEF - 11/27-12/10

Stevie G:

Great idea with the Strog. If I saw that listed on a menu I would be very curious, and if that plate came out when I ordered it, I'd be very happy. Carpacio look amazing as well. It's as thin as prosciutto and the herbs, cheese and sauce look great too. I'm not as interested, as others seem to be, in giving a naturally flat dish some height.

Jingleheimer:

Stuffed calimari sounds like a tasty idea, but the plate as a whole is definitely coming up short, as you already stated. I like the ying-yang with the sauces though. That's pretty cool.
A little on portion control: I think I want more pieces on your app, while CSC's carpacio looks like enough to feed a table of 4. I'm not seeing CSC's in relationship to anything else in the pic so I could be wrong.

The en croute came out really good. Nice golden crust with noticable pink still in the meat equals yummy. I was wondering if it was common to serve this with no sides though. Also, not having wellington in a restaurant before, I don't think I'd like the juice on the plate like that. I don't like soggy, but this may happen in the cooking process anyway and be unavoidable. Any thoughts?

Utah:

Your app looks very flavorful, I'm not sure if I'd call it soup though. I think Jingle eluded to this a little.

On the entree I thought onion rings was a weird choice. If I were the type to eat at 5 star restaurants constantly I might think it refreshing to revert to a down home side like this, but in general, It might turn me off to wanting to order the dish. I don't frequent top notch dining often, and I probably wouldn't waste an outing with a dish with onion rings on it. Just looking at it though, I want to eat the hell out of it. The beef is nice and rare, and the attention to detail on both dishes is incredible as always.

Chairman:

I like the idea of the sesame flavor with the chili sauce. How did that work with the beef? For some reason it's going off in my brain that I'd prefer heavy on the sesame flavor, mild on the chili's. I think the pre-searing brownness around the edges turns me off a little. Does it add enough flavor to make it worth it? I've never had carpacio seared.

The Entree sounds damn good. I've never had the veggie before, but given it's nature, I'm sure I'd like it. The crust turned out great. I think the main downside is that everything on the plate has the same texture (visually).

Analyst:

Very original idea with the martini glass. Part off me wants something to break it up, as in, this app is piece of beef, after piece of beef, after piece of beef. The other part thinks thats perfect. I guess it would come down to the flavor of the dish, which after seeing the recipe, would be pretty damn good.

The Entree I felt kinda neutral about. It doesn't really pop out at me one way or another. I like to try the chestnut/prune medley as I have no idea how that combination would work out. I'm not sure if I would or could plate it better, it just seems like somethings not right.

I may not be able to make any dishes until after the holidays due to excessive working hours. I hope some more competitors sack up and get involved. These threads are fun and I learn a lot from them.

Having 3peated, I nominate Mrs. Utah as OOT's first Iron Chef.