Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2006, 02:11 AM

Default Re: Chiefs vs Broncos Thanksgiving Game Day Thread

[ QUOTE ]
rwperu, Jeff,

You can hide behind your "statistics" and "free agent value" and "hen's teeth" until the cows come home, Jake sucks balls and will never win an SB. Too many years of watching him do stupid things has worn on me. If you want I can maybe produce a chart to back up my claim of his suckiness.

[/ QUOTE ]

Got to disagree with you
Plummer took the AZ Cardinals to the playoffs during the super cheap Bill Bidwell days(that is tougher than taking a team to the SB) He then shocked everyone by leading the Cards to an upset win over the Dallas Cowboys

Plummer took ASU almost to a national championship if not for the Sun Devil defense.

Plummer took Denver to a winning record and the playoffs every year and even the the AFC Championship game--they were never going to beat Steelers...that team was to damn hot.

Plummer will never live down his rep from the Cardinals days that was 50% his fault but 50% the fault of the Cardinals organization and coaching.

He did pretty good for your average NFL QB.

Its good to see that the Broncos fianlly made the move...the second they drafted him Jake was a lame duck QB...they should have started Culter from Game 1.
Old 11-24-2006, 02:20 AM

Charlie,

It makes me sad that even guys from my HS won't stick up for me. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

You make good points, I guess my Jake-hate is predicated upon undelivered promises during his Cardinals years. Obv Bidwill was and always will be the one to blame since he seems to invest the bare minimum in his team, but it still got REALLY frustrating watching The Snake make one dumb play after another.

In the course of research I noticed that even in the year he led them to the playoffs he had more INTs than TDs, and the year after that he had a whopping 9-24 TD-to-INT ratio. Wow. Yeah the O-line has always sucked but a brotha's got to learn to throw it away once in awhile.
Old 11-24-2006, 02:48 AM

Jake didn't play great but it was also because the Cards were always down by like 14 points after the 1st half of every game.
Old 11-24-2006, 02:51 AM

Jake will end up on another team(not the Raiders) and it won't surprise me at all if he wins with them. Doubt he ever takes a team to the SB or deep playoffs...but he can still win games.

Losing Kubiak as OC-Drafting Cutler as Backup-Not replacing Rod Smith-No runningback==Jake is doomed.

They should have just cut or traded Snake and gone with Cutler from the beginning.