Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2006, 10:32 PM

Default Re: TLK banned for collusion?

Breaking news, TLK is actually Ivey, Nizot, CaseyattheBat, Benyamine, Atonious, ProfBackwards, JDags, TerrorofSweden, and Gus Hansen, and there was massive collusion to beat Skywalker dude.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:28 AM

This thread is so beautiful, and it is reminding me of the beautiful thread that was the original pattern mapping thread.

I love you guys, and I need to start posting again.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:33 AM

All you people saying bla bla bla ha ha nth-level sarcasm plus one, you realize that you actually can collude if h.u. if you have a pattern mapper...
Old 11-22-2006, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This problem is not as insignificant as many people would like to believe. You can be pretty sure in a heads up game that if just two people at the table are colluding, everyone is.

[/ QUOTE ]

best post in this thread

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-22-2006, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All you people saying bla bla bla ha ha nth-level sarcasm plus one, you realize that you actually can collude if h.u. if you have a pattern mapper...

[/ QUOTE ]
col·lude
intr.v., -lud·ed, -lud·ing, -ludes.

To act together secretly to achieve a fraudulent, illegal, or deceitful purpose; conspire.

----------

Who are you acting together with? The software?

I don't think the definition allows for such an interpretation unless you're saying you're colluding with the software maker -- if you write the pattern mapper then it clearly can't be collusion.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:30 AM

I'm not sure but there was some rumors that people do setup HU matches playing stupidly and colluding so that future opponents will play them according to the style displayed. I'm no expert HU player and the aggression is huge but I've seen so many stupid HHs I can't help but think, this can't be world class play.

As for the tournaments, I've seen 5 good players in the same household playing on the same sunday tournament. They don't start off colluding or planning it but even in the largest fields they ended up on the same table more times than people would imagine.
Old 11-22-2006, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure but there was some rumors that people do setup HU matches playing stupidly and colluding so that future opponents will play them according to the style displayed. I'm no expert HU player and the aggression is huge but I've seen so many stupid HHs I can't help but think, this can't be world class play.

As for the tournaments, I've seen 5 good players in the same household playing on the same sunday tournament. They don't start off colluding or planning it but even in the largest fields they ended up on the same table more times than people would imagine.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a serious thread. no room for joke posts
Old 11-22-2006, 03:02 AM

I just got my first check from FTP for the money TLK hustled off me. But instead of paying me in full they sent email saying they were going to rebate me in 2,746 easy payments of $39.95.

Online poker is so rigged.
Old 11-22-2006, 03:16 AM

I don't play HU so I guess I'm clueless but how in the hell do you collude playing HU. Can someone give me some examples of what people do that constitutes colluding?
Old 11-22-2006, 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't play HU so I guess I'm clueless but how in the hell do you collude playing HU. Can someone give me some examples of what people do that constitutes colluding?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sharing info about hole cards, trying to trap an opponent in the middle of a raising war when you have the nuts, folding a medium-strength hand on the river when your partner has a slightly better medium-strength hand, etc.

A lot of these tactics are slightly less profitable in a heads-up game than they would be in a multi-player game, but they are also much harder to detect and therefore probably even more dangerous.