Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What's your move?
Shove it 25 89.29%
Call 2 7.14%
Fold 1 3.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-02-2006, 07:43 AM

Default Re: Official statement from PokerStars

Why is everyone so excited about Lee's comments? Your money is safe, but there is nothing about saying you will be able to play.

In fact, comments like "continued lines of communication" usually ain't a good thing...

I appreciate Lee taking the time to respond, but there's nothing in his comments that makes me any more comfortable regarding future play.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just imagine for a minute Party or Stars would be successful shooting down this part of the bill. Public outcry about foreign companies influencing American politicians would immidiately ensue...

[/ QUOTE ]

ORLY? Public outcry? Far less than 1% of the US population knew this bill existed, let alone cared whether or not it got passed. If it hadn't passed, then the only difference woiuld that a few bible thumper special interest groups would get mad at Frist for not supporting good Christian values. Other than that, it would go completely unnoticed.

Even if this was a high profile issue, 80-90% of the customers of these foreign companies are American, so it's not like they have no credibility here.

[/ QUOTE ]

There might not be a "public outcry", but I'd think that there is a much larger percentage of "swing voters" (people who don't just vote straight dem or rep) on this site than for the population as a whole. I don't think I'll be voting for any incumbent republicans any time soon.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:47 AM

Thanks Lee. Really IMO it's going to take time to sort through all of this. There's no way in the world that PokerStars and Party are going to roll over easily. Not saying they won't roll over, just not easily. They will explore all possibilities in maintaining their current customer bases.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Lee. Really IMO it's going to take time to sort through all of this. There's no way in the world that PokerStars and Party are going to roll over easily. Not saying they won't roll over, just not easily. They will explore all possibilities in maintaining their current customer bases.

[/ QUOTE ]

So Party's official statement is basically a lie?

Lori
Old 10-02-2006, 07:52 AM

nm
Old 10-02-2006, 07:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh... Party already rolled over.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just imagine for a minute Party or Stars would be successful shooting down this part of the bill. Public outcry about foreign companies influencing American politicians would immidiately ensue...

[/ QUOTE ]

ORLY? Public outcry? Far less than 1% of the US population knew this bill existed, let alone cared whether or not it got passed. If it hadn't passed, then the only difference woiuld that a few bible thumper special interest groups would get mad at Frist for not supporting good Christian values. Other than that, it would go completely unnoticed.

Even if this was a high profile issue, 80-90% of the customers of these foreign companies are American, so it's not like they have no credibility here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the majority of the population doesn't know of its existence and maybe never will. It's not about the issue itself. But you underestimate the spin factor by the media. No Representative or Senator can be caught buckling to foreign enterprises.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:58 AM

200K at peak time.. sweet
Old 10-02-2006, 07:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Why is everyone so excited about Lee's comments? Your money is safe, but there is nothing about saying you will be able to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is like the most important part of the whole issue for me and plenty of other people probably, just because things are up in the air about cashouts, EFT, etc...I just wanna make sure my money doesn't disappear.
Old 10-02-2006, 08:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

In fact, comments like "continued lines of communication" usually ain't a good thing...

I appreciate Lee taking the time to respond, but there's nothing in his comments that makes me any more comfortable regarding future play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because its a better response than what we thought we were gonna get.