Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2006, 09:40 AM

Default Re: That didn\'t hurt so bad

Forget Thursday! Your Saturday was great, so, obviously, you'll continue that trend next weekend.

GO VOLS IN ATHENS!
Old 10-01-2006, 11:36 AM

Waiting for Phil hellmuth type comments.

Also, I know I'm basically asking you to hold my hand, but could on some of these opening lines post slightly more like.

Louisville -9 5 units

See value in Louisville with value upto -16.5. Dropping 2 units crossing the 10, 1 at the 11.5 and 14.

Or something like that? Since some of these early lines get moving and it may save a ton of "Do you still like this line" type posts
Old 10-01-2006, 01:40 PM

I can't speak for MyTurn, but as someone who also posts a lot of picks each week, that sounds really impractical. Usually when I just put my picks up, it's because I haven't had the time or inclination to write up any analysis yet, and in that situation, the last thing I'd want to do is try to figure out numerical stuff like that.
Old 10-01-2006, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Michigan 28 Minnesota 14

Didn't watch more than 4 plays. Michigan seemed in control every time I saw the score.

[/ QUOTE ]

They were in control, up 28-7 and I watch the OSU-Iowa game and next thing you know, Minn down only 28-14 and has the ball! Got down to 1st & Goal with < 3 minutes left. You were better off having cocktails at the wedding than watching.

Good job on your "big" pick. I was on tOSU & Mich. Good week for me [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] Hopefully I'll provide some insight somewhat soon!
Old 10-01-2006, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't speak for MyTurn, but as someone who also posts a lot of picks each week, that sounds really impractical. Usually when I just put my picks up, it's because I haven't had the time or inclination to write up any analysis yet, and in that situation, the last thing I'd want to do is try to figure out numerical stuff like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't you just figure out the "numerical stuff" to determine your edge?

I asked because I didn't think it'd be a huge deal and I wasn't sure if he weighted all picks evenly or popped others with extra units other than his POTW obv.
Old 10-01-2006, 03:18 PM

I pop lots of games for different values.
Obviously, my POTW is higher. Clearly, I bet the max on tOSU this past weekend considering I thought it was the POTY or POTL4Y...ugh, that sounds like the 'lock of the week.'

Anyway, good idea Thremp and I've started posting upto what line I still like the value.

I've posted previously when I've 'doubled up' on occassion, but no one knows from what baseline I've done that at. It's pretty rare for me to do actually. Last week, I only added to Oregon when the line was about 4.5 points better before kickoff than I originally obtained.

I'm still not confident in weighing my units and it's something I'm working on very hard. I'll consider it in the future.

I also don't post picks I make for less than 1/2 units. Those are just action bets usually, though I regret not making Minnesota u20.5 a posted pick.

In the past, people could read into my text when I give projected scores or, as in the case of tOSU-Iowa, I give what I think a 'fair' line should be.
Old 10-01-2006, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In the past, people could read into my text when I give projected scores or, as in the case of tOSU-Iowa, I give what I think a 'fair' line should be.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suck at this. I basically scroll to the bottom of Performify's posts. Go find the best lines I can Sat. night and bet them.