[/ QUOTE ]

No.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do it man! DO IT!

[/ QUOTE ]

Tempting, but no.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:02 PM

Default Re: Genital warts and Compound W Freeze Off

If it were me I'd be coughing up whatever amount of money it takes for the laser surgery. Why [censored] around.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If it were me I'd be coughing up whatever amount of money it takes for the laser surgery. Why [censored] around.

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I've read, success rates with laser surgery are no better (and according to some sources, are worse) than cryotherapy and some other treatments. Also, I've read that risk of scarring is worse with laser surgery than with cryotherapy.
Old 08-22-2005, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You should know that you still may be able to transmit HPV even if you don't have visible warts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, so please tell your future partners that you have them. Don't be a dick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Keeping in mind that I would like to have sex again sometime during my life, how would you suggest going about this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Get a Real Doll NSFW. Just don't forget to rotate her every 10,000 miles.

Big Steve [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

nh [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Let me rephrase the question.

Keeping in mind that I would like to have sex again sometime during my life, how would you suggest that I go about telling future partners that I have HPV?

[/ QUOTE ]

One person already alluded to the answer...

There are several sites ( I don't know them by name but google is your friend ) and organizations that specialize in creating matches between individuals with Herpes.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You should know that you still may be able to transmit HPV even if you don't have visible warts.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Keeping in mind that I would like to have sex again sometime during my life, how would you suggest going about this?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Keeping in mind that I would like to have sex again sometime during my life, how would you suggest that I go about telling future partners that I have HPV?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are several sites ( I don't know them by name but google is your friend ) and organizations that specialize in creating matches between individuals with Herpes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have herpes; I have HPV. Not trying to be a nit, but they are two entirely different beasts.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:20 PM

I haven't read the whole thread so this might have been addressed, but my mate who seems to know an awful lot about this says you need to get your arse checked by the medical profession. They migrate and no this is not a joke.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From the Real Doll site:
[ QUOTE ]
Question: What happens when "the honeymoon is over" and I feel that the doll is not for me and wish to return it?

Although we'd like to fully satisfy all our customers, our firm policy is: ALL SALES ARE FINAL.

[/ QUOTE ]

A good thing. I wouldn't want to be a refurbished Real Doll. It might have been used by somebody with genital warts.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

From the Real Doll site:
[ QUOTE ]
Question: What happens when "the honeymoon is over" and I feel that the doll is not for me and wish to return it?

Although we'd like to fully satisfy all our customers, our firm policy is: ALL SALES ARE FINAL.

[/ QUOTE ]

A good thing. I wouldn't want to be a refurbished Real Doll. It might have been used by somebody with genital warts.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2005, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have herpes; I have HPV. Not trying to be a nit, but they are two entirely different beasts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, having said that...

Yes, there are "match" sites that specialize in finding a match for people who have specific viral STDs. I actually signed up for a free account with one of them, but there were no matches in my area. But this would be a good way, I would think, to meet someone while getting around the whole "telling them" hurdle. I don't want to necessarily restrict myself to only meeting someone on one of these sites, though.

I would guess, on average, that someone on one of these sites would be more knowledgeable about (and willing to discuss and be honest about) STDs and safe sex in general than the average member of the general population would be; they've been through it themselves and probably have sought information and treatment.

Also, one of the benefits to using one of these sites seems to be that you won't have to worry about giving/catching that particular STD, since the other person already has it. (You would still have to be careful of any other STDs, of course.) With HPV, though, there are many strains. It's possible, for example, that I have HPV 6 and someone else that I meet has HPV 11. (I don't know which strain(s) I actually have; I'm just picking numbers). In that case, we could potentially infect each other with the other strain.

But, yeah, no matches in my area yet.
Old 08-23-2005, 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't read the whole thread so this might have been addressed, but my mate who seems to know an awful lot about this says you need to get your arse checked by the medical profession. They migrate and no this is not a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually thought about this the other day - something along the lines of "I need to be careful how I wipe". [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]