Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2006, 09:24 PM

Default Re: \"I had some protection problems\"

I thought Manning's strength was taking advantage of exploitable defenses, such as jail-house blitzes, by finding the correct play and the correct receiver

I'm beginning to think that he's a playoff choker beyond any doubt. Most of those sacks were his fault, not the O-lines. Did you see how Delhome read the blitzes the Bears came with and found the quick hot routes? That's what a qb has to do under pressure.
Old 01-15-2006, 11:29 PM

Default Re: Peyton Manning?

IMO Brady>Manning and it's not close.

All you have to do is look at their playoff performances throughout their careers, including college.

Brady played HUGE yesterday, which is kind of tough to say from a die-hard Bronco fan, but it's true. The Broncs roughed him up, had him flustered in the first half, and he still kept shredding the broncos defense.

Peyton has played in a ton of playoff games, and I can't recall him coming through like that in the clutch. Throughout his career, Brady has been able to do more with less, and Manning has only managed to so-so performances in big games... Unless he's playing Denver of course [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The books have yet to be written on both players, but at this point I'd take Brady over Manning without question.
Old 01-15-2006, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The books have yet to be written on both players, but at this point I'd take Brady over Manning without question.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think anyone with 1/4th a brain would also. Manning is 3-6 career in the playoffs. Brady has won 3 SB's, 2 SB MVP's and has an insane playoff record.

As much as I'm not a fan of Brady, we are witnessing a living legend in Brady right now. He will go down as the best QB ever when all is said and done.
Old 01-16-2006, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As much as I'm not a fan of Brady, we are witnessing a living legend in Brady right now. He will go down as the best QB ever when all is said and done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa that's a bit much don't you think. The guy is still young, and a a lot could happen in the next decade or so. But as far as QBs early in their career, no quarterbacks have come close imo.
Old 01-16-2006, 12:00 AM

PEYTON! PUT THE COFFEE DOWN! Coffee is for closers!
Old 01-16-2006, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa that's a bit much don't you think. The guy is still young, and a a lot could happen in the next decade or so. But as far as QBs early in their career, no quarterbacks have come close imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Brady never played another game, he'd be in the HOF in 5 years on his first ballot. He's 28 and not yet into what people consider a QB's "prime".

It might be a little bit much to say now, but all he really needs are some decent "filler" years to pad his stats to get near Montana & Marino stats.