Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2006, 01:23 AM

Default Re: MY CONTRIBUTION

[ QUOTE ]
btw, my comment was meant in jest, as i went from 230 to 160 not that long ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

What was harder, the 230 to 195 or the 195 to 160?
Old 05-10-2006, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
btw, my comment was meant in jest, as i went from 230 to 160 not that long ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

What was harder, the 230 to 195 or the 195 to 160?

[/ QUOTE ]

230-175 was about the same. basically i looked at myself one day and said "self, your fat" it helped that i was walking a total of an hour and a half/day to and from classes. it also helped that i couldn't really afford food. but i stepped back and looked at my food intake honestly and realized that a "normal" dinner for me was a box of spaghetti or a whole frozen pizza. then i looked at what helathy people aroudn me were eating and realized that one meal for me was 3 meals for them. i basically just never realized how poorly i was eating and once i did i worked hard to think about eating a healthy portion of whatever it was. it wasn't like i went from eating a whole pizza for dinner to eating a salad and 4 oz of swordfish, i just tried to at least eat normal sized portions of whatever i was having.

i probably developed a slight bout with anorexia, once i hit 175 i was pretty skinny, but i kept going and ended up at 160. when i went to [censored] my at the time girlfriend one night and she told me that i was too skinny i realized that i didn't look like a man anymore, just a skinny piece of [censored], and actually put a little weight back on.

right now i'm 175 without much muscle but i definitely look and feel way way wayw way better than i did.

fwiw i hit 230 around 16 and lost the weight when i was 19 and i'm 6'1"
Old 05-10-2006, 02:01 AM

Bison. I might qualify, and Its perfect timing. I started doing Weight Watchers this week, and have a lot of weight to lose. I am 5'11, 415 lbs. I will take a picture of myself and on the scale tonight b/f bed, and I will post it. For the time being, here are my vitals.

Age - 25
Name - Eric
Weight - 415

I will open a blog and post weekly updates with photos for anyone interested on following my progress, and I fully intend to follow through.

For the record, those spots that appear to be on my shirt are on the mirror.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:04 AM

I'm 21, and I'm 250-260. I'm 5'8. Do I qualify?
Old 05-10-2006, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if I want sponsorship but I definitely interested in a sidebet if anyone wants to put some money down

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm very interested.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:09 AM

Default Re: Fatties. My money where your mouth is.

i would love to see some kind of tax or subsidy that would make it cheaper to buy soup, a salad or fruit than to buy a big mac.

i would also like to see restaurant food come in smaller portions, or come with a doggy bag already prepared, instead of encouraging us to eat 2-4 times a normal meal at one sitting.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:28 AM

i would love to see some kind of tax or subsidy that would make it cheaper to buy soup, a salad or fruit than to buy a big mac.

i would also like to see restaurant food come in smaller portions, or come with a doggy bag already prepared, instead of encouraging us to eat 2-4 times a normal meal at one sitting.

If this thread turns into a debate on taxes I will kill you with my elbows.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude you got 4 posts. I normally dont care how many posts people have, but we are giving money away here. I would prefer if the money went to someone that actually contributed to the boards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't see any mention of any requirements other than being fat and playing poker.

Your objection to my low post count is valid one. I can only counter with the promise of lots of contributions in the future, and lots of hot air for OOT.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:51 AM

not a problem...just IMO, thinking that $100 is going to influence someone to lose weight is not reasonable. people who are heavy would gladly lose the weight. however, doing something to make it easier to lose weight than to gain weight long term is useful.

if you can be a sponsor who is there when they want to call at 3 in the morning to talk them out of a potato chip crisis, that is sponsoring someone...

i assumed that you really cared about some people who have had problems with weight and wanted them to be successful in getting healthy. having friends who care is more likely to be successful than the money! you sound like a good friend, i didn't mean to threaten your post. very sorry.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:06 AM

6'2" 345lbs last doctor visit (about two months ago) Just turned 21 in january. My pictures dont look that fat, I am a big guy, but in March I started being treated for High Blood Pressure. i think a lot of it has to do with stress but 180/120 is far from healthy. it should be 120/80 for those of you who are unfamiliar with blood pressure readings.

I dont have a picture of a scale, they all just say "Error" anyways.

heres the thing, I dont really know if I want sponsorship, theres people who can use it more than i can. Ill take side bets with people if you want and Id like to contribute .25/lb to each person bison selects.