Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2007, 02:50 AM

Default Re: Jman\'s High Stakes Poker Trip Report (long)

[ QUOTE ]
Golf is an athletic event, poker is not. I am not debating that poker played at a high level is interesting to watch. I am just saying it doesn't make for great tv to the average viewer.

[/ QUOTE ]

quasi athletic....and I love golf
Old 05-16-2007, 02:54 AM

From an "outsider's" (no idea who Jman is) point of view, this thread leaves a seriously bad taste in my mouth towards the OP. Comes off extremely self-righteously. He bought in min, played like a nit and they decided to replace him with an ostensibly more interesting player - it's a shame he never got to put his master plan or whatever into action, but it's pretty easy to see HSP's point of view here. I can't imagine anybody affiliated with HSP who happened to wander into this thread would view the OP in a much more positive light either. Doesn't seem like the smartest idea posting this in terms of chances of getting back on the show. But it sure was a fun read, so I'm happy you did. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 05-16-2007, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
From an "outsider's" (no idea who Jman is) point of view, this thread leaves a seriously bad taste in my mouth towards the OP. Comes off extremely self-righteously. He bought in min, played like a nit and they decided to replace him with an ostensibly more interesting player - it's a shame he never got to put his master plan or whatever into action, but it's pretty easy to see HSP's point of view here. I can't imagine anybody affiliated with HSP who happened to wander into this thread would view the OP in a much more positive light either. Doesn't seem like the smartest idea posting this in terms of chances of getting back on the show. But it sure was a fun read, so I'm happy you did. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong......next
Old 05-16-2007, 03:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do know of Jman, and I am impressed by his skills, but I do not really like all the self-aggrandizing either. You might want to try not being underrolled next time.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do know of Jman, and I am impressed by his skills, but I do not really like all the self-aggrandizing either. You might want to try not being underrolled next time.

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess bringing 1200x the bb is underrolled.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Im sorry but complaining about a double straddle is ridiculous for someone with such a high opinion of himself. Either he should have planned for this or gambled on day two if the table was so great and put down 500k, I just dont see the point in whining about it.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Comes off extremely self-righteously.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
That’s when I realized that there was really no one to be angry at. I was lied to, in a sense, which is my number one pet peave by far. But the players we almost all extremely friendly, and I’m positive the ones who wanted to play the next day didn’t consider the effects on me. Mori gave me a shot at being on one of the most watched poker shows on TV. He was nothing but nice and accommodating. While I’m sure he had a lot of say as to whether I got to keep my day 3 spot, I don’t blame him much for his decision. He doesn’t want to upset some of his biggest name players, and I didn’t show him anything on day 2 that he could show to execs to defend his decision to keep me on the show. As far as he knows, I am a complete nit and maybe not even good at poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya totally self righteous...n logic sir [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 05-16-2007, 03:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it’s really unfortunate that America would rather watch bad, loud poker than extremely high level thinking from the true best players in the world, but I guess they don’t know any better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't rock the boat. Just keep collecting your money and concentrate on having a happy life.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Im sorry but complaining about a double straddle is ridiculous for someone with such a high opinion of himself. Either he should have planned for this or gambled on day two if the table was so great and put down 500k, I just dont see the point in whining about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I made a commitment to play on day 3. I needed to save 500k to do so.

I might be whining a bit. I didn't mean to, but this just happened a day ago so I haven't cooled down yet. I was very upset about it.

I'm not blaming anyone for what happened. I guess I'm just unhappy about the situation.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

when has being "underrolled" stoped Jman from playing a high stakes cash game?

nice TR, hopefully you will get invited back.