Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Best 2/4 games
Stars 5 31.25%
Party 3 18.75%
Full Tilt 5 31.25%
UB 0 0%
Other 3 18.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-18-2007, 07:02 PM

Default Re: I DESERVE RESPECT

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how does the number of shares I own change the fact that I picked, and continue to pick, some great stocks that have vastly outperformed the market?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well for one thing lack of funds implies one of two things.

1) Either you have been doing this for such a short period of time that you have not had time to build. As such your record is not sufficient to make any claims.

2) You are not really as capable as you think you are.

At least twice a month someone tries to give me money. You have friends, family, acquaintances? Don't you don't find it odd that they don't have the same confidence in your ability that you do?

Also if you think you can make these types of returns why don't you just borrow the money and do it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good post, and good points. I will try to address them here.

1. I have been doing this for a short time, and am working on building my funds. I am also trying to build a track record. I agree this post was a bit much with the whole "I DESERVE RESECT" thing as I know I need to earn it, and I will over time. It was more meant to say hey "all you people who think I am a complete idiot and wished me to go broke, i'm still here and i'm doing well." I know I have a lot more work to do.

2. Time will tell.

No one tries to give me money, and I don't ask for it. For the most part, no one even knows I invest or am good at it. Finances in general are just not a topic that comes up with my friends/family. Most of them don't have any extra income to invest either.

My parents know I'm good at stocks -- they've watched me read the business section since I learned how to read. They don't have any money to invest though. I do have a couple of uncles that ask me for stock tips from time to time, I don't know if they actually put any money in them or not, our discussion stops there, but for their sake, I hope they have.

I currently am investing with borrowed money. I took out several 0% credit card loans to buy the bulk of my current portfolio. I make the minimum payment each month out of my own pocket so I don't have to sell any shares. After my 0% is up, I plan to transfer to another 0% offer. If I am unable to find one, I will have to sell shares to cover the remaining balance.

I also just added margin to my account. I plan to use that for any short-term deals I find going forward, but am undecided if I want to use that for any long-term purchases. So far, it would have been worth it.

Thanks for the reply. You give good criticism that makes me think. The reason I often come across as arrogant is because much of the other criticism directed at me is extremely arrogant as well and I reply in kind. You however, are much different. Thank you.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how does the number of shares I own change the fact that I picked, and continue to pick, some great stocks that have vastly outperformed the market?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well for one thing lack of funds implies one of two things.

1) Either you have been doing this for such a short period of time that you have not had time to build. As such your record is not sufficient to make any claims.

2) You are not really as capable as you think you are.

At least twice a month someone tries to give me money. You have friends, family, acquaintances? Don't you don't find it odd that they don't have the same confidence in your ability that you do?

Also if you think you can make these types of returns why don't you just borrow the money and do it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good post, and good points. I will try to address them here.

1. I have been doing this for a short time, and am working on building my funds. I am also trying to build a track record. I agree this post was a bit much with the whole "I DESERVE RESECT" thing as I know I need to earn it, and I will over time. It was more meant to say hey "all you people who think I am a complete idiot and wished me to go broke, i'm still here and i'm doing well." I know I have a lot more work to do.

2. Time will tell.

No one tries to give me money, and I don't ask for it. For the most part, no one even knows I invest or am good at it. Finances in general are just not a topic that comes up with my friends/family. Most of them don't have any extra income to invest either.

My parents know I'm good at stocks -- they've watched me read the business section since I learned how to read. They don't have any money to invest though. I do have a couple of uncles that ask me for stock tips from time to time, I don't know if they actually put any money in them or not, our discussion stops there, but for their sake, I hope they have.

I currently am investing with borrowed money. I took out several 0% credit card loans to buy the bulk of my current portfolio. I make the minimum payment each month out of my own pocket so I don't have to sell any shares. After my 0% is up, I plan to transfer to another 0% offer. If I am unable to find one, I will have to sell shares to cover the remaining balance.

I also just added margin to my account. I plan to use that for any short-term deals I find going forward, but am undecided if I want to use that for any long-term purchases. So far, it would have been worth it.

Thanks for the reply. You give good criticism that makes me think. The reason I often come across as arrogant is because much of the other criticism directed at me is extremely arrogant as well and I reply in kind. You however, are much different. Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Shoe,

Just out of curiosity, what do you do for a living?
Old 10-18-2007, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shoe,

[/ QUOTE ]

I do computer programming.

Regards,
Shoe
Old 10-18-2007, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Shoe,

[/ QUOTE ]

Regards,
Shoe

[/ QUOTE ]
Then shouldn't you have enough moneys to pay for your margin instead of selling your shares?
Old 10-18-2007, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I currently am investing with borrowed money. I took out several 0% credit card loans to buy the bulk of my current portfolio......I also just added margin to my account.

[/ QUOTE ]

Christ Almighty [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2007, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Shoe,

[/ QUOTE ]

Regards,
Shoe

[/ QUOTE ]
Then shouldn't you have enough moneys to pay for your margin instead of selling your shares?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure I understand. I just got margin, I haven't used any yet. As far as the possiblity of having to sell shares to cover my credit card loans, I took out close to a year's salary in loans to invest in the market. I definitely am not going to be able to pay them all back by the time they start charging interest without transferring them, so yes, if I can't find another good transfer deal I will need to sell shares to cover my credit card balances.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you are borrowing money with borrowed money. I dont know what to say. genius or idiot.. time will tell.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Shoe,

[/ QUOTE ]

Regards,
Shoe

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure I understand. I just got margin, I haven't used any yet. As far as the possiblity of having to sell shares to cover my credit card loans, I took out close to a year's salary in loans to invest in the market. I definitely am not going to be able to pay them all back by the time they start charging interest without transferring them, so yes, if I can't find another good transfer deal I will need to sell shares to cover my credit card balances.

[/ QUOTE ]

how much is your salary. If you took out a year worth of salary, then why do you care about the 10k that you would've gotten from prosper?
Old 10-18-2007, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Shoe,

[/ QUOTE ]

Regards,
Shoe

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how much is your salary. If you took out a year worth of salary, then why do you care about the 10k that you would've gotten from prosper?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because that is 10k more than I would otherwise have right now. 10k is still a lot of money to me (as well as 99% of the rest of america).

Also, that 10k would be completely mine, it would not be debt that i owe but actual profit. Am i making sense here?
Old 10-18-2007, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Shoe,

[/ QUOTE ]

Regards,
Shoe

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because that is 10k more than I would otherwise have right now. 10k is still a lot of money to me (as well as 99% of the rest of america).

Also, that 10k would be completely mine, it would not be debt that i owe but actual profit. Am i making sense here?

[/ QUOTE ]
you didnt answer my question..