Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 09:04 PM

Default Re: Chicago Bears 2007 Official Thread

[ QUOTE ]
I think the Bears need to work on being able to pick up blitzes.

[/ QUOTE ]

LDO, this is by far my #1 concern for the Bears. We all know Benson sturggles with this at times, but Adrian Peterson has had big problems as well.

Darwin Walker had a great game yesterday and will make me forget about the Dvoracek injury.

Israel Idonije is a cannon ball on special teams. He made 2 great blocks on 2 of Hesters long returns. Their was also one kickoff were he absolutley blew up the Kansas City wedge. 3 Chiefs ended up on their backs and it looked like a mouthguard or an earflap went flying.

When will Charles Tillman get the recognition that he deserves? He's a sure tackler, solid in coverage and always seems to be near the pile stripping the ball. Obv, I don't watch every team play but I can't think of many corners in the league I'd take over Tillman.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When will Charles Tillman get the recognition that he deserves? He's a sure tackler, solid in coverage and always seems to be near the pile stripping the ball. Obv, I don't watch every team play but I can't think of many corners in the league I'd take over Tillman.

[/ QUOTE ]Didn't Steve Smith just own Tillman few years ago in playoff game? This could have something to do with it. Tillman is excellent usually.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Didn't Steve Smith just own Tillman few years ago in playoff game? This could have something to do with it. Tillman is excellent usually.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Smith owned Tillman 2 years ago and cost the Bears any chance of winning. Going into 2006 I thought Tillman was the Bears weakest starter. He seemed to get his confidence back in the Sunday night game at New York were he shut down Plaxico Burress had a pick and numerous passes defended. He 's been great since.

Yesterday, he saved a TD with a great 1 on 1 play on a deep ball. Forced the Michael Bennet fumble and broke up a few other passes.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Smith owned Tillman 2 years ago and cost the Bears any chance of winning. Going into 2006 I thought Tillman was the Bears weakest starter. He seemed to get his confidence back in the Sunday night game at New York were he shut down Plaxico Burress had a pick and numerous passes defended. He 's been great since.

Yesterday, he saved a TD with a great 1 on 1 play on a deep ball. Forced the Michael Bennet fumble and broke up a few other passes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tillman was an animal in the Giants game last year. He was in on almost every Giants turnover it seemed.

The media is starting to talk about how Vasher/Tillman are the most underrated duo in the league. I wouldn't mind if that stayed on the DL...

The only thing I'm really worried about is Grossman. Our running game will be fine - we just need to get GARRET WOLFE THE BALL GROSSMAN FHUIOFHEIUOFHEFHASLFASLFHDSLFHASLHFASILFHDSGILJSEI L
Old 09-17-2007, 11:56 PM

Ya, I see Bears play a lot as Lions fan and them being on national tv a ton. Tillman is very good, borderline probowl calibur and has been for years. I guess when you get owned so bad it's hard for people to forget, lost game by himself nearly. Steve Smith is a bad mofo though. Not many can cover him.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:23 PM

This is a tough game this week.

The Cowboys should be a great match-up for the Bears. They have a deeper route passing game and a straight ahead running game. Both play directly into the hands of the Bears defense. This will be the game where we will see if Archuleta is really the king of the cover two or if he will be back to getting beat deep, because I'm sure the Cowboys will try. Also I love the match-up of the Bears defensive line vs. the Cowboys offensive line.

The Cowboys defense has problems stopping the run without their safeties getting involved, which leaves them open over the top. We all know how much Rex loves to go over the top. The question is how will the Cowboys play it. Will they stay in a softer defense and protect against the deep pass like San Diego and Kansas City did or will they try to stop the run and leave the deep pass open hoping Rex makes a mistake? In all reality, it has been a long time since a team tried to play man to man against the Bears without deep safety help. If the Cowboys stick in their base and underestimate Rex they could be in for a long day. the biggest key for the Bears offense is picking up the blitz.

I have also heard some talk about the Cowboys punter thinking he can kick to Devin Hestor because he can kick it high and far.

Dear Mr McBriar,

Please,please,pretty please show me how good you are by kicking to Devin Hestor.

Thanks,
All Bears fans

Even with all of these match-up advantages for the game I'm still scared. There has been alot of comparison to the Sunday Night game between the Seahawks and the Bears last year. I look at it like the Bears are closer to the Seahawks and the Cowboys closer to the Bears. Right now the Bears look pretty content, they have not lost a meaningful game to an NFC team since the 2005 playoffs. They have much less to prove than the Cowboys. Hopefully the way everybody gets on their knees whenever the Cowboys win a game gives the Bears their favorite, "Nobody believes in us" routine.

I see this going big for either team. I'm not sure a tight game is in the works. Bears 24 Cowboys 9
Old 09-21-2007, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The Cowboys defense has problems stopping the run without their safeties getting involved, which leaves them open over the top. We all know how much Rex loves to go over the top. The question is how will the Cowboys play it. Will they stay in a softer defense and protect against the deep pass like San Diego and Kansas City did or will they try to stop the run and leave the deep pass open hoping Rex makes a mistake? In all reality, it has been a long time since a team tried to play man to man against the Bears without deep safety help. If the Cowboys stick in their base and underestimate Rex they could be in for a long day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Berrian certainly hopes this is the case. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

I have also heard some talk about the Cowboys punter thinking he can kick to Devin Hestor because he can kick it high and far.

[/ QUOTE ]

The trib had something about the Cowboys special teams guys talking about being able to shut down Hester.

I certainly hope they try to prove it, but as much as they talked about it, it makes me think they are going to kick away from him.

[ QUOTE ]
There has been alot of comparison to the Sunday Night game between the Seahawks and the Bears last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly what I was thinking, and exactly how I felt going into that game last year.

Hopefully the Bears can make a statement and show that things aren't as close as they appear, much like the did last year in the Seattle game.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:48 PM

God I can't stand Benson. Have never understood that draft pick, and will never understand letting TJ go and keeping that flake.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"I think next week the Cowboys are going to have a rough time on offense. "

We're scoring 23 next week. Can you score 24 against us ? I dunno...

[/ QUOTE ]
Number of times the Bears have given up 23 points in their last 34 regular season games: 6 (including 2 in the last games of the season in 2005 & 2006 when they were playing third stringers)

Number of times Tommie Harris was in the line-up for those games: 1 September 25, 2005 vs. Bengals

Yeah, I would be 100% confident.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was pretty confident [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-23-2007, 11:02 PM

Can we get culpepper this year, somehow?

Benson sucks.