Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2006, 08:53 PM

Default Re: suspicious pokerstars shortstackers data

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, I don't get it. If he can outplay you on one street and make money that way, what is it wrong that you think he's doing? You're really coming off like a huge douche in all this in my book.

[/ QUOTE ]

These short stack ratholers cost real players a lot of money. One, there is less money on the table to win. Two, when they get some money they take it off the table. This is bad for any game...
Old 12-28-2006, 09:02 PM

Has anyone contacted PS about this(bot theory)?
I think there is a good reason to investigate.
Not saying they are bots, but I trust that if something fishy is going on PS would figure it out.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:55 AM

To me one of the most suspicious things is that all of the shortstack players routinely sit out for a short time when they first show up at a table. Why would someone do this?

I've just started playing $1/$2 on Stars and I haven't felt like the presence of these short stacks is ruining the game. I do think you have to alter your playing style when they are active in the pot, though. I see it as a new challenge.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:30 AM

Do they just wait for the big blind to get to them? Maybe that's why they're sitting out.
Old 01-14-2007, 02:29 AM

I have a question about the whole data mining thing and someone stating it being illegal. If you are familiar with the live tracking device with the poker office software, are you saying you aren't allowed to run the live tracker at a table that you are not playing on? Is that what was meant by data mining being illegal?
Old 01-14-2007, 07:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This data is *incredibly* damning. I've mined enough (hold em) back in the Party days to *know* that regularities like this simply do *not* show up. The few cases I'd seen of even two players with very similar PokerTracker data generally turned out to be the same guy running two accounts (at once, just to play more tables when they limited to 4 tables).

I like Joel from his responses here, so I hate to say it...but there must be way more connection among these accounts than he admits. I can't believe there isn't botting or very formulaic humaning going on here for the whole set of accounts.

Wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

The one time I suspected collusion on Stars I simply e-mailed them. They took a few weeks to investigate, but they did respond and say it was still under investigation promptly. They also at one point e-mailed to say it was still under investigation (highly appreciated). Eventually they e-mailed me and told me that the investigation concluded that there was collusion and they refunded me any money I had lost in pots against them.

Greedy or idiot colluders just make themselves obvious. I worry that it isn't always so obvious. It also seems bad that in my case where it just seemed blatantly obvious, that the "anti-collusion algorithms" sites claim to employ did not detect it.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:26 PM

this is ridiculous...its no secret that a fish plays like a fish..whats the big revelation?
Old 04-05-2007, 10:11 AM

Just read this thread for the first time. Did Pokerstars find anything?