Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2007, 01:14 AM

Default Re: Registration for 1 on 1 political debate threads

I'd take pro on gun control, or con on either of the drug legalization questions, provided the other participants are still interested, and can do it after the 14th.

I expect to burried as a result of my lack of statistics, but my man facting may make up for it.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That the US Civil War was fought over slavery. --Con.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you're going to find anyone to argue the pro side of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking of, I want this one-

Hitler's Holocaust was the best thing in the 20th century- con

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!!!
Old 04-04-2007, 06:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hello, I have a topic I'd like to propose I don't necessarily want to participate in the debate, I'd just like to learn from it.:

Social promotion is superior to grade retention in K-8 education.

-Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he means that its good to just keep promoting the kids through grades K-8 regardless of how poorly they perform or something along those lines. Its how the California school system works right now. Only the kids who do absolutely nothing and dont go talk to the teachers when told to get retained if they perform poorly in school, which is about 1 out of 500(in some school districts, like the one I work in the number is 0 out of 500, they dont flunk kids in grades K-8). The rest of the kids who dont really know anything are given summer school, but are promoted anyway and then later flunked in high school.

That might be what he meant, but im not sure.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:27 PM

I volunteer to debate:

PRO Nationalized Security
and
CON USSR did more to end WWI than The U.S.

I can fwd qualifs/exp via PM as/if RQD to mods for confirmation.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd take... or con on either of the drug legalization questions, provided the other participants are still interested, and can do it after the 14th.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was the one who said I would do the Pro side for heroin should be legal.

Although I'm not as juiced up to do the debate as I was when I orgiginally posted to do it I still will and can wait until the 14th.

If you would rather do the pot and the pro pot guy is still interested that is fine, or if you want to tackle me before you take the lightweight drug that might be cool too. I'm a rank novice when it comes to any kind of formal debating, and have never studied this issue or anything, so I hope the group doesn't have high standards for my style [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-04-2007, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I volunteer to debate:

PRO Nationalized Security
and
CON USSR did more to end WWI than The U.S.

I can fwd qualifs/exp via PM as/if RQD to mods for confirmation.

[/ QUOTE ]

id take con on national security.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd take... or con on either of the druglegalization questions, provided the other participants are still interested, and can do it after the 14th.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although I'm not as juiced up to do the debate as I was when I orgiginally posted to do it I still will and can wait until the 14th.

If you would rather do the pot and the pro pot guy is still interested that is fine, or if you want to tackle me before you take the lightweight drug that might be cool too. I'm a rank novice when it comes to any kind of formal debating, and have never studied this issue or anything, so I hope the group doesn't have high standards for my style [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey BK, happy to debate ya. Since Heroine legalization is a pretty unpopular position, I think the debate might be a little more theoretical than the pot one, which could make it more interesting.

If you wanted to take a less radical position, like heroine addiction is a social problem rather than a critical one, I'd be fine with that too. Basically, I'm willing to try to offer an argument up for whatever.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd take... or con on either of the druglegalization questions, provided the other participants are still interested, and can do it after the 14th.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey BK, happy to debate ya. Since Heroine legalization is a pretty unpopular position, I think the debate might be a little more theoretical than the pot one, which could make it more interesting.

If you wanted to take a less radical position, like heroine addiction is a social problem rather than a critical one, I'd be fine with that too. Basically, I'm willing to try to offer an argument up for whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi. I think that I will argue for legalization, while recognizing that the 'social problem' will still remiain (but be significantly reduced from the social problem of illegal herion addiction).

After all there are a lot of legal things that are 'social problems'.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:44 AM

i woud like to take the position of con for gay marriages. i think I cna handle thaat topic really well without cursing. I dont think anyone can take me one to one on this subject.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd take pro on gun control, or con on either of the drug legalization questions, provided the other participants are still interested, and can do it after the 14th.

I expect to burried as a result of my lack of statistics, but my man facting may make up for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take pro on drug legalization, any.