Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2007, 08:47 AM

Default Re: ***Official Super Bowl Thread: Bears v. Colts***

You do realize SD's coach can't win a playoff game right. Hard to be a dynasty when your coach can't win an f'in playoff game.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
DT Tank Johnson may miss trip to Miami.

Judge rules tomorrow on his probation violation.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be outstanding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not so outstanding for you.....report out of Chicago is judge ruling will allow Tank to play. Just reported on Chicago radio as of 10:10am 1/23/07.

Good for us Bear fans [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 01-23-2007, 12:40 PM

The Colts are so overrated in this game. If the Bears D playes like they did against NO, it's nearly a lock. Colts lost their last 3 road games in the regular season, to the TEXANS, Jags(44-14!!!?!), and the TITANS. Tom Jones and Cedric is going to rip them apart. Peyton, get your post game blame speech ready bud!
Old 01-23-2007, 12:55 PM

Go Bears!

(Sorry, but I don't root for the Yankees either)
Old 01-23-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sooooo, I of course agreed with their assesment and took Indy +7 from each of them for a hundred.

[/ QUOTE ]

omfg are you serious? high-five!

[/ QUOTE ]

the natives became edumucated today and are claiming FOUL!

hahhahahahahha

i told them that after they lose, we will go spend their money on sushi

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-23-2007, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Colts are so overrated in this game. If the Bears D playes like they did against NO, it's nearly a lock. Colts lost their last 3 road games in the regular season, to the TEXANS, Jags(44-14!!!?!), and the TITANS. Tom Jones and Cedric is going to rip them apart. Peyton, get your post game blame speech ready bud!

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep saying that. Remember 3 weeks ago?? Larry Johnson is going to have 200 yards against the Colts!!! Remember 2 weeks ago? Baltimore's O is too physical for the Colts tiny front 7, they will dominate the line of scrimmage! Last week? Oh the Colts played 2 bad offense teams the Pats are going to run all over them because of their balance.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep saying that. Remember 3 weeks ago?? Larry Johnson is going to have 200 yards against the Colts!!! Remember 2 weeks ago? Baltimore's O is too physical for the Colts tiny front 7, they will dominate the line of scrimmage! Last week? Oh the Colts played 2 bad offense teams the Pats are going to run all over them because of their balance.

[/ QUOTE ]

um, NE dropped plenty of pointage on the colts...at least plenty enough (especially via the run...200 yards?) that I would expect the Bears running game to be competitive. I don't think the Colts will pull a NO and turn the ball over every play, but the bears have a running game and a good defense and that's a pretty good formula for containing Manning.

that said, anyone that is picking the Bears straight up is not factoring in the AFC/NFC difference, the Colts' improved defense - I don't think they lose right now to any of the three teams they lost to in the regular season mentioned above - or the really close Bears-Seahawks game. Or they're from Chicago, in which case who can blame them.

Are people really that focused on the Saints game? a dome team playing in 13 degree snowy weather? surely you all have to expect that the colts will have better results playing in sunny miami, and their defense is good at taking away rex's favorite pass

Seems like the Bears with the points is a popular bet though
Old 01-23-2007, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

um, NE dropped plenty of pointage on the colts...at least plenty enough (especially via the run...200 yards?) that I would expect the Bears running game to be competitive. I don't think the Colts will pull a NO and turn the ball over every play, but the bears have a running game and a good defense and that's a pretty good formula for containing Manning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you watch the Colts/Pats game?

First, NE had 93 yards rushing. That isn't anywhere close to 200 yards.

Second, a bunch of NE points were the result of their defense and special teams. The Pats had 9 drives of 6 plays or less (not counting their kneel down at the end of the half) including 3 times 3 and out. The special teams coverage was what made this a shootout, the Colts defense actually played quite well.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that said, anyone that is picking the Bears straight up is not factoring in the AFC/NFC difference, the Colts' improved defense - I don't think they lose right now to any of the three teams they lost to in the regular season mentioned above - or the really close Bears-Seahawks game. Or they're from Chicago, in which case who can blame them.

Are people really that focused on the Saints game? a dome team playing in 13 degree snowy weather? surely you all have to expect that the colts will have better results playing in sunny miami, and their defense is good at taking away rex's favorite pass

Seems like the Bears with the points is a popular bet though

[/ QUOTE ]

It is very hard for me to do any objective analysis on this game. I will make an attempt next week. As for the Bears being the popular bet, I went back to my ranking from the year where I had done a good job of predicting lines and getting good value. I would have put this line as Bears +2 at a neutral field (+5 @ Indy, -1 @Chi). That is why the Bears +7 sounds like a good bet. Boy do I hope that a week of hearing how great Peyton Manning is and how horrible Rex Grossman is changes that theory.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The special teams coverage was what made this a shootout, the Colts defense actually played quite well.

[/ QUOTE ]
You do realize the Bears special teams>>>>>>>>>>>& gt;>>>>NE special teams right?