Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2006, 10:54 AM

Default Re: Do you trust ongame (pokerroom, hollywood and even daniels fullcon

Just to let you know, I was about to open a new account on PokerRoom and deposit for the upcoming 5K tournament, but will not be doing so due to this thread.

I will also help spread the word about this network's/site's suspicious behavior that MULTIPLE people have confirmed (including Irish) and urge people to abandon the site(s) if they are currently playing on them (and to not create new accounts).

I hope others do the same till these matters are resolved.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:16 AM

[quote

3. Thanks to our inquiries to the network yesterday as to what this case is all about, a full investigation has been launched and the network has promised to deliver and official statement to you and the communities you have brought this matter up in within a few days.

External Forum Support
PokerRoom.com
---------------------------------
Meet Them and Beat Them

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good! Assuming "a few days" dont turn into weeks or months..
Old 09-13-2006, 11:35 AM

We all have seen documented proof that OnGame skins will scrwe over every player they can, whether it's offering a prize and not delivering it, not processing withdrawals and coming up with a million excuses, or various other scum methods. I think its time these guys are boycotted for good.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:59 AM

If you guys post on other forums (P5s, NWP, etc), you should cross-post a link to this thread with the title "PokerRoom / ongame Network not honoring big cashouts" or something similar.

Take these bastards down.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:30 PM

PokerRoom. com- I've seen you post on P5's declaring that you are in no way affiliated with other skins, other than being on the same network. I understand this.

However many of the problems surrounding these cases have to do with no player being able to directly contact ongame itself. Is there a way? For instance in this case the problem is clearly between Irish and ongame, yet he has to go through pokes just to talk with them.

How is any problem going to be solved this way?
Old 09-13-2006, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It’s absolutely true that our players certainly have been manhandled at times in the past as well. That’s the main reason why we even decided to set up our own security force back in May.

[/ QUOTE ]

PookerRoom.com,

How can I trust a network where the largest operator flat out tells me that the network manhandle their players at times?

How confident can I be as a player in the OnGame network, if their largest operator has so low confident in them that they feel the need to set up their own security force?

How can I trust PokerRoom.com, no matter how good your intentions are, when the underlying network can't be trusted?

The fact that you feel a need to have this extra security force does frighten me.

Adde
Old 09-13-2006, 03:06 PM

The way PokerRoom is handling this situation is RIDICULOUS. Regardless of the outcome of this new BS investigation I think a lawsuit is in order. Regardless of people's personal opinion of Irish, these sort of allegations should never be without proof, and it has been weeks.

For all I know your team is constructing fake evidence as we speak. The fact that PokerRoom bounced checks EVER should clue everyone in to their lack of professionalism. And copping out by saying that you are not affiliated is more garbage. You definitely have pull at OnGame and your buying of time is pathetic.

Down with PokerRoom
Old 09-13-2006, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But, since this situation is affecting us negatively regardless, we have decided to lend a hand. More on that in point 3.

2. PokerRoom.com is not in any way affiliated with pokespoker.com or futurebet.com and we provide the services of Ongame Network on equal terms with all the other operators who are connected to that network.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think these points are mutually contradicting. You are affiliated with other operators through the network you share. Their misdeeds obviously affect you in a negative way. You should be able to refuse to share business base with untrustworthy operators.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:50 PM

I play on pokespoker, as do a lot of the high stakes NL players on the network. the RB is good, but i still dont trust the network, or pokes. after reading this I have already begun to withdraw some of my money, keeping only what I need to play on a daily basis on there.

for those that missed this:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rt=all&vc=1
Old 09-13-2006, 05:11 PM

I think collusion is a problem at higher NL games, ongame in particular because of the java ability. I fear I got colluded against a decent amount in the 10k game last year and never saw a penny of retribution from the network even though I think they banned accounts.

I think those that are so quick to smear ongame for this should be careful that you don't encourage sites to sweep collusion problems under the rug.