Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 03:21 PM

Default Re: KT gets teh road rage - TR

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

In the middle lane on a highway, going about 65.
Not much going on in front of me and the right lane is wide open.
I figure I'll move on over to the right lane because traffic is moving along at a good clip.
Put on right directional, look in my rearview and begin my move to the right lane.
As I do this I look right and immediately have to swerve back into the middle because this [censored] [censored] goes wizzing by at about 90 in a low-rider celica pos.
This [censored] was going so fast he was a blur.
When I had looked in my rearview, he was aleady in my blind spot. Had I not looked right as I began to change lanes, I and my family would have most certainly been seriously injured, if not killed.

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is that you wouldn't like me very much.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're really like the guy in this story you're being awfully glib about it.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My favorite story:

About a year and a half ago I was driving up to NYC with my girlfriend at the time (actually she was driving), and this guy pretty flagrantly cuts us off getting on to the NJ turnpike from an on-ramp....

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're saying your GF was driving in the right lane as she approached an on-ramp with cars merging onto the highway and didn't slow down, or better yet move over to let them merge?

In short...YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!

It's a good thing you have a mean throat slice going.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:28 PM

CORed,

You have obviously forgotten the first rule of rotaries.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
CORed,

You have obviously forgotten the first rule of rotaries.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't talk about rotaries?
Old 10-11-2007, 03:31 PM

precisely.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:33 PM

I jumped in this car with some kids I knew in highschool to go to a basketball game that was 2 towns over. I wasnt really friends with them but I was late and they said they would give me a ride. About half way through the ride, the kid in shotgun pulls out a bag of smoke bombs, and decides that he is going to light one, and throw it into an open window of a car at a stop light.

We pull up to a light and see this Mercades sitting right next to us. It has tinted windows but the driver side is down. He lights the smoke bomb, and tosses it in the window. Instead of going into the window, it bounces off and lands just infront of the Benz's front tire, smoking like crazy.

What this douche bag didnt realize, is that the drivers window wasnt tinted. We look over and it is a huge fat italian guy talking on his phone. He looks at us, he looks at the smoke bomb pouring smoke at the middle of the intersection. He puts down his phone and picks up his pistol that must have been sitting on the passenger seat, [censored] it, and puts the barrel up against his window pointing it at us.

It was a long 6 seconds before the light turned green.

We turned left, and he went straight. As soon as we parted ways, I reached forword and smacked the [censored] out of the kid that thought that was a good idea.

Edit: HA at the word co*cked being cencored. wtf
Old 10-11-2007, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He leaped out of his car and tore off his shirt, challenging me to a fight.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41CuafQfanQ

[/ QUOTE ]

In the past a friend of mine who gets into a lot of fights (or used to) had told me that removing one's shirt when about to engage in a fistfight was a wise maneuver, because it gives your opponent less to grab onto. Thus, this nutbag's immediate shirt-removal made me think he was 100% ready to go (as if there was any remaining doubt) and that he did this sort of thing often. All this info together added up to me not getting out of the car.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:35 PM

hmmmmmmm 2 incidents I can think of off the top of my head...

1. just entering a 4 lane boulevard (has center grassy median) and some guy purposefully speeds up in the right lane to block me from moving over there (needed to pass a really slow driver in the fast errrr passing lane.) He's now along side me in the right lane, I turn and start screaming obsceneties at him. It was during this tirade that I nailed the center median with my left front tire at about 35-40mph. Destroyed my front end and left me stranded on this boulevard with no shoulder.

2. Guy is tailgating me for a good stretch, I mean reallly on my ass. I've gestured in the mirror, tapped the breaks etc. to no avail. Finally, we come to the next red light, I slammed on my breaks and he rear ends me. I get out of my car and start yelling at the guy. He doesn't appear to speak a lick of english. I tell him to pull over on the side of the road anyway. He nods like he understands and then takes off, not stopping at all. My buddy (cop, off duty) pulls up behind me and I tell him what happens. He ripped off, and caught up with the guy a few blocks later, pulls the guy's keys out of the ignition and holds him there till cops arrive. 30 seconds later he's got some fat ass chick from another car yelling at him saying that he can't detain this guy and she is going to get him fired. He calmly tells her that perhaps she should not insist on eating every single piece of food that is in sight. Another several minutes later, a camaro pulls up holding a carload of what must be friends of the guy who hit me. They all smell of booze and weed. They are not happy, and confrontational with us. This ends quickly when my friend mentions the police are on the way to the scene. They depart very quickly. End of story, guy has no license, insurance, not sure if he was even legally here. I end up with a busted up rear bumper. The guy disappears and never pays for anything.

Note that in both instances I will readily admit I was at least equally at fault for the accident... funny how there is a common theme in both stories, I get pissed and wreck my car... I'm sure I have more stories, I just can't think of them.

RR just ain't worth it. Better to just smile and drive.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My favorite story:

About a year and a half ago I was driving up to NYC with my girlfriend at the time (actually she was driving), and this guy pretty flagrantly cuts us off getting on to the NJ turnpike from an on-ramp....

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're saying your GF was driving in the right lane as she approached an on-ramp with cars merging onto the highway and didn't slow down, or better yet move over to let them merge?

In short...YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!

It's a good thing you have a mean throat slice going.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been a while so I don't remember the exact details, but this was not the case. The guy was very clearly at fault. My GF probably shouldn't have given him the finger, but w/e.

btw, slowing down in the situation you describe is never the correct play.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"First off, let's make this very clear, there is no 'fast lane' there is a PASSING lane, and if you aren't passing somebody, you don't belong there."

DEPENDS ON WHERE YOU LIVE DEPENDS ON WHERE YOU LIVE DEPENDS ON WHERE YOU LIVE DEPENDS ON WHERE YOU LIVE.

I hate when people pretend this is gospel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Other than HOV lanes, where is this the case?

[/ QUOTE ]

'hov?