Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 02:36 PM

Default Re: **Official uNL/SSNL Coaching Thread**

[ QUOTE ]

*(Actually, I kind of blame 3bet.net for this... IMO, they should have some enterprise license for all their coaches for some video sharing software that they've researched, rather than putting the onus on the coach and/or the student.)

[/ QUOTE ]

We don't have one because there is none that works flawlessly right now - believe me, I've done my research. So we recommend our coaches try a select few that usually work OK with their students. If we find something that makes us happy, we will 100% get every coach to use it as a standard.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:37 PM

I received coaching from 2+2 member GSykes
He didn't charge anything but staked me on a std stake.
We discuss poker a lot and he sweat my game using Ventrilo and MSN.
Sweating
I liked the fact that he was available almost all the time and that I could give him HH's at any point and he would give me insight.
I'd definitely recommend him to other 2+2ers who struggles in the uNL.

I don't know what more to say other than he is a great coach, if you have any questions just PM me.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:02 PM

1. Who was your coach?

Fonkey123

2. What did he charge?

$60 per session

3. How many lessons did you receive?

2 so far

4. How did the lessons work and what tools did your coach use? (skype, hh review, sweating, etc.)

sweat sessions using skype/logmein for 50 mins/ discussion 10 mins

5. Comment on your experience with this coach.

Nice guy, knows his stuff, frequently spent more time than agreed to. Very helpful

6. Would you recommend this coach to a fellow 2p2'er?

yes
Old 10-11-2007, 06:36 PM

I am beginning coaching with bobbofitos in a few weeks and although I haven't had a lesson yet I have heard of a wide range of successful students and he comes highly recommended.

Old 10-11-2007, 07:07 PM

Has anyone ever had any coaching experience with ken the cow? He offered to coach me.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:11 PM

i had 2-3 lessons with bobbo about 7-9 months ago before stopping. strangely i think it was because i wasnt developed enough in my thinking as a poekr player. i will probably be finishing the course soon.

bobbo takes a very systematic approach to poker and is trying to break it down into every small stage. When i got coached I was playing based on feel and experimenting with lines that worked/didnt work. luckily i ran hot + found good lines but the coaching wasnt helping me because the whole way i was thinking about poker was different. I was jsut trying random stuff and hoping it worked, whilst bobbo was looking to break down every step and try to analyse everything down to its most basic form. basically i was a non rational player and he was trying to teach me as if i was a rational player.

see: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...age=0&vc=1

as a non rational player i got coaching from other people like clayton and snowbank and really jsut developed my own logic based off the back of that, plus talking all the time to smellmuth and carrotsnake.

recently i've been coached by kingdan, djsensei and duck.
kingdan and djsensei have been helping me with 6-max and i recommend both. they both play really solid styles of poker, but at the same tiem very creatively.
duck's been helping me with HU, so far we've only had one lesson but she's basically made me play tight [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
also for a bit OT but for mtts, i recommend shaundeeb rediculously. last i heard he asked for something like $90, srsly PM him now. thats a redic steal and i think he should really charge 180ish
Old 10-11-2007, 07:14 PM

question for coaches i guess.
at what time would be a good time to get a first coach? I am currently in the process of moving up to 2/4, I don't think you should only be coached when youre faced with adversity, but I really wouldn't know. I feel like I'm doing fine on my own, but also feel like I'm missing out on something. IDK, maybe others have the same issue..
Old 10-11-2007, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
question for coaches i guess.
at what time would be a good time to get a first coach? I am currently in the process of moving up to 2/4, I don't think you should only be coached when youre faced with adversity, but I really wouldn't know. I feel like I'm doing fine on my own, but also feel like I'm missing out on something. IDK, maybe others have the same issue..

[/ QUOTE ]

moving up to 2/4 is probably the best time to get a coach. especially if you get a coach that plays in those games so ull get instant reads on ur new opponents.

eg. i'm doing afew sessions with seabeast because he knows the 2/4 party game/regs better than anyone else
Old 10-11-2007, 08:57 PM

I hear bobbo is awesome. My roommate AMT (mostly posts in STTF) lived with him in vegas for a month and highly recommends his coaching. Once I make it back up to NL200 permanently I'll probably look into a few lessons with him.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
eg. i'm doing afew sessions with seabeast because he knows the 2/4 party game/regs better than anyone else

[/ QUOTE ]

How much does he charge?
Closed Thread