Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 06:05 PM

Default Re: Want 5 figure swings in ur homegame? Click 2 learn more (sick game

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
oh, another rule:

if nobody throws their chip down, the board must run out and the winning hand adds $25 to the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this rule a lot, what antes were you using to make this a $25 filler? Trying to gauge how big to make it since I probably won't be playing for 10k pots.

[/ QUOTE ]

we played 3 handed w/ $1 antes and no filler and our last pot was $8K.

[/ QUOTE ]

That really is going to counteract the nit advantage inherent in the game I think. I can't really imagine playing this for much less than $1 antes, but I think my heart rate might get up there are a bit when the pots get into the thousands. Players are allowed to just quit at any time, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

well after playing we all agreed that next time we will just set a cap on the pot and chop it evenly when it reaches a certain amount. Example would be pot is at $750, someone plays and loses, they put in their $750 and the $1500 is distributed evenly between the 3 of us. They still lose the some money but dont get ridiculously stuck/ no 5 figure pots in a $1 [censored] ante game.

edit: yeah you can quit whenever but GL walking away when $1k+ of your money is in the middle of the table

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, not really in the spirit of BBV but that sounds like a good rule.

Also, there is no way I'm walking away stuck a grand.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Am I missing something?
As with any game with massive pots and tiny antes/blinds, doesn't it make sense to wait for AA/KK/QQ/AK (if everyone else is playing loose and inflating pots) before going in?

Or am I missing the point and this is just something to play while drunk?

[/ QUOTE ]

Does it make sense to only play AA in NLHE? Your post is borderline OOT-dumb, ducy?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I understand you correctly, you are on the wrong track.

There's no shania involved here -- no one is going to be able to fold their 77 pre-flop thinking "Oh, [censored], Bilbo's in the pot", and no one is going to call for implied odds with 77 to "outflop Bilbo's obvious AA".

The only point is to figure out whether or not your holding is good enough to go up against an average number of "callers" + the puppet for whatever is in the pot.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Am I missing something?
As with any game with massive pots and tiny antes/blinds, doesn't it make sense to wait for AA/KK/QQ/AK (if everyone else is playing loose and inflating pots) before going in?

Or am I missing the point and this is just something to play while drunk?

[/ QUOTE ]

Does it make sense to only play AA in NLHE? Your post is borderline OOT-dumb, ducy?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I understand you correctly, you are on the wrong track.

There's no shania involved here -- no one is going to be able to fold their 77 pre-flop thinking "Oh, [censored], Bilbo's in the pot", and no one is going to call for implied odds with 77 to "outflop Bilbo's obvious AA".

The only point is to figure out whether or not your holding is good enough to go up against an average number of "callers" + the puppet for whatever is in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please to be shutting up now.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:38 PM

lolz vhawk is hustling this sh-t already. FU NIT I CAN BEAT THA PUPPET I IS WAY AHEAD OF HIS RANGE
Old 07-11-2007, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
oh, another rule:

if nobody throws their chip down, the board must run out and the winning hand adds $25 to the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this rule a lot, what antes were you using to make this a $25 filler? Trying to gauge how big to make it since I probably won't be playing for 10k pots.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That really is going to counteract the nit advantage inherent in the game I think. I can't really imagine playing this for much less than $1 antes, but I think my heart rate might get up there are a bit when the pots get into the thousands. Players are allowed to just quit at any time, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Instead of quitting, I think it would be a lot better to just play QQ-AA.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
oh, another rule:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Instead of quitting, I think it would be a lot better to just play QQ-AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

SO MUCH VARIANCE
Old 07-11-2007, 06:49 PM

Can anyone comment on the merits of this idea:

How about if only 1 player stays in so he is HU with the puppet and he loses to the puppet he does not have to pay the pot, but he doesn't get to take the pot. It stays and everyone re-antes.

I think this may be a good rule to combat nitiness. People won't want to let someone get a freeroll with the puppet so they will in effect lower their calling standards.

Otherwise, it seems it would be best to play a pretty tight game since even if everyone folds you still have to beat the puppet or risk paying the pot. So I think this would loosen up the game even more? Thoughts on this? Good idea/bad idea?
Old 07-11-2007, 06:50 PM

2black9s: That's basically 357 right?

Another sick game...
Old 07-11-2007, 07:03 PM

I've never heard of that one? So it basically plays like this puppet except for some minor rule changes?
Old 07-11-2007, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

the next hand, the pot is $400. Hero decides to give it a go with A9s, and another player comes in and plays with 77. The puppet has K3o.

The board runs 73329 and the guy with 77 wins $400, and hero with A9s must put $400 into the pot. the next hand, the pot is $400.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is what makes the game have huge pots very frequently, btw, the fact that everyone must beat puppet for game to end

[/ QUOTE ] what happens if you go busto? 1st born?