Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2006, 01:18 PM

Default Re: MAFIA: TURF WARS (GAME THREAD)

wdc,

Ok, I missed that discussion. I understand the beef with AFK players; I don't like it either. My biggest issue with voting them off early has always been that AFK people are rarely wolves. Almost everyone would rather be a wolf than a villager, so they are likely to be more excited when they get a wolf role and consequently, more likely to post. Therefore, someone who is AFK has a lower probability of being a wolf than a contributing player.

However, I'm starting to come around on this. Maybe I can get the best of both worlds...I change to kbar.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:18 PM

WDC,

YOU SEEMED TO HAVE MISSED MY POINT 3 TIMES NOW. SO I'LL GIVE IT ONE MORE SHOT BEFORE I GIVE UP. I HAVE ABSOLUTELY ZERO BEEF WITH YOU WANTING TO VOTE FOR EVANS. I THINK HE IS A FINE VOTE. I AM SUSPICIOUS OF YOU BEING ADAMANT ABOUT NOT VOTING AREINITZ WHO, IN MY OPINION, IS A QUIET PLAYER. HELL, HE EVEN CAME IN THE THREAD AND SAID HE WAS A QUIET PLAYER. CAN WE MOVE ON NOW? THANKS!

(Put in caps in the desperate hope that wdc will actually read it this time.)
Old 05-30-2006, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wdc,

Ok, I missed that discussion. I understand the beef with AFK players; I don't like it either. My biggest issue with voting them off early has always been that AFK people are rarely wolves. Almost everyone would rather be a wolf than a villager, so they are likely to be more excited when they get a wolf role and consequently, more likely to post. Therefore, someone who is AFK has a lower probability of being a wolf than a contributing player.

However, I'm starting to come around on this. Maybe I can get the best of both worlds...I change to kbar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Earth to Alex. Two quiet wolves completely pwned your ass in the last AS game.

[ QUOTE ]
wdc,

[/ QUOTE ]

I would argue that the record of lynching a Mafia or wolf on the first day is far worse than the record would be if we picked a random AFKer and stuck with them.

I'm here, I just woke up. [b]lynch fishmonger
Old 05-30-2006, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Earth to Alex. Two quiet wolves completely pwned your ass in the last AS game.

[/ QUOTE ]
Variance.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so far the nonposters:
Cancer Merchant
pistolero
Evans67
iron_yuppie
zero

[/ QUOTE ]

since this post, both evans and zero have posted. so I'm changing and am now voting iron_yuppie
Old 05-30-2006, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WDC,

YOU SEEMED TO HAVE MISSED MY POINT 3 TIMES NOW. SO I'LL GIVE IT ONE MORE SHOT BEFORE I GIVE UP. I HAVE ABSOLUTELY ZERO BEEF WITH YOU WANTING TO VOTE FOR EVANS. I THINK HE IS A FINE VOTE. I AM SUSPICIOUS OF YOU BEING ADAMANT ABOUT NOT VOTING AREINITZ WHO, IN MY OPINION, IS A QUIET PLAYER. HELL, HE EVEN CAME IN THE THREAD AND SAID HE WAS A QUIET PLAYER. CAN WE MOVE ON NOW? THANKS!

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me clarify the post you are referring to. I meant when I am quiet. I was not saying I am a quiet player, I meant there are times when I can be quiet. Because I am still new there are times when I'm not quite sure whats going on. You will all come to know me as a very active player as I gain more experience, I do not think I am a quiet player, I think that there are times when I am quiet.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WDC,

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] kyro.

No one will ever accuse him of being a quiet player.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
WDC,

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me clarify the post you are referring to. I meant when I am quiet. I was not saying I am a quiet player, I meant there are times when I can be quiet. Because I am still new there are times when I'm not quite sure whats going on. You will all come to know me as a very active player as I gain more experience, I do not think I am a quiet player, I think that there are times when I am quiet.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're an active player who doesn't post much and hates moms everywhere?

Good to know.