Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 04:25 PM

Default Re: What\'s the most heroic thing you\'ve ever done?

[ QUOTE ]
me and my dad were heads up at the final table of a poker tournament, and i had the best hand and a chance to knock him out and win. but i knew what the tourney meant to him so i just mucked my cards instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's not heroic, that's stupid. Do you think he would want his son to hand him the tournament?
Old 09-25-2007, 06:14 PM

I unfortunately only have stories where someone had to rescue my dumb ass.

The first time was when I was about 11. I was ice skating outside and stupidly decided to skate under a large bridge, even though there were signs pointing away. Kids in Holland get swimming diplomas, and I kept taking classes until I had like every single one of them. Swimming with shoes, long distances underwater, in clothes etc., I did it all.

Then I fell into the icy water and just couldn't move. In fact, I could barely make a sound. Not that it mattered too much because I was all alone. Then after a minute or so, some guy randomly walked by and saw me, went and got a large branch for me to hang on to, and pulled me out. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have lasted much longer, I was starting to go under already.

I should probably think about this next time I bitch about bad cards..

The other time I probably posted about before. It was two and a half years ago. I was visiting a friend in Ukraine, and we were driving around with a bunch of people, most of us drinking. It was a holiday, and I had more than a pint of vodka for breakfast alone, after which I stopped counting.

I decided to impress the girls by taking a piss right off the edge of a 50ft drop. It was raining, so the ground was wet grass and slippery rocks. My buddy, who doesn't really drink and was still sober, just went up and bearhugged me. He said he was scared shitless because he couldn't get a firm footing.

Because I felt that the ladies wouldn't be impressed if someone had to hold me, I then decided to do something else to prove my manhood. I danced around on one leg, within a foot or so off the edge, and did a back handspring, a few feet further. Needless to say, I almost broke my neck doing that. My friend was afraid he might throw me off balance because I was moving. He just watched all that in shock until he finally managed to find an opportunity to drag me away.

No, I didn't get any that day [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2007, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My wife's Nana became very ill this year and I basically took over responsibility for overseeing her care. At great financial and emotional cost my wife and I made Nana's last months as good as they could possibly be, despite the uselessness of Nana's daughter (my wife's aunt, my wife's mother is dead).

That sure doesn't sound very heroic written out. Oh, well.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Around seven years ago, I was driving home on St. Patrick's day eve when I spotted three skinheads kicking a guy on the ground. I pulled a u-turn and put on my brights, getting the car to within a couple of yards, grabbed the baseball bat i had in there and got out. The silhouette lighting and a big ass overcoat must have looked pretty menacing, because they scattered. I pulled him into the car and dropped him off at a hospital. He told me I probably saved his life.

I don't know what the [censored] I was thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, this is a good one.

also, you're lucky that one of them didn't have a knife.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great stories. These are a couple of the few posts in the thread that seems very heroic to me.

Alot of the stories here are pretty cool, and its awesome when you save someones life, but I don't think most of these things are really heroic.

Putting yourself at serious risk, or sacrificing for others is what I consider heroic.

Sorry to rain on this great thread, unfortunately I don't have any heroic stories to add.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:41 PM

Default I Saw This Guy Being Attack By 4 Guys

I saw this guy being attack by 4 guys. During the fight, one of the thugs yanked the victim's wallet out of his pocket. For some reason, a wave of courage came over me and I rush them.

I grabbed the wallet from the thugs hand, head butted him, suckered punch another thug, and I ran. After about running about 200 yards, I turned around and saw the victim and broken free and ran to safety. The wallet had almost a $1000 in it. That night I bought all my friends drinks from money I earned that day from my good deed.....
Old 09-25-2007, 10:44 PM

Only thing that comes to mind at all is this one. My parents were in an argument when I was about 9 and it just seemed worse than most of the others had been although it happened a lot. I was with my sister in the other room because both of my parents insisted I stay there with my sister. Well, I heard a distinctive slap and without thinking told my sister to come with me to the garage. I got my metal baseball bat and locked my sister (who was 8) in the garage. No idea why I did the second part. I ran back into the house and my dad had a pretty strong grip on my mom and she was crying. From there it was just instinct as I hit him with the bat square in the back and he went to his knees. I immediately started crying and dropped the bat not knowing what to do.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:13 AM

I ate a whole habanero pepper last friday