Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 03:31 AM

Default Re: NYU Dave v. NYU Dave 100/200 NL: Two hands.

RBK has totally owned this thread in every single post. Seriously spot on analysis from the hand to how a lot of us feel about how Gaucho can come off very results oriented.

Hand 1 I think largely depends on his 3 betting frequencies. Typical players are 3 betting 99-QQ here after a button open 3 handed, so right off the bat on this board one would think a lot of the set possibilties are pretty unlikely. At the same time, people are more willing to slowplay AA/KK because it's a hand "big enough" to slowplay in their opinion. But from your description he is nothing like most players, but still would be nice to have some read on his 3 betting frequencies.

Honestly so much of this hand is crazy read dependant and we don't get a lot of information about specific tendencies (like for example how often he 3 bets, how often he will just call here, how often he folds, etc) in his play which would help a lot in analyzing the hand. Given our line it's really a must call, IMO. I think a lot of his range a worse 3, occasionally a thin value raise from KK+, and air (could be a hand like TJ turning itself into a bluff).

When I play live I tend to get squirmy and uncomfortable when I'm bluffing, and even though I try my best to play it off it's pretty hard to act natural for me. I don't have this problem if I'm not bluffing, so really I would expect him to be bluffing a decent amount of the time. It might not be a reliable tell though because he is experienced and knows better.

Hand 2 I much prefer bet/fold than check/call. Don't think he is going to value bet worse often if you check and rarely will he ever have a hand to bluff with, so after we check and he bets it definitely seems like he is value towning us here. You did say though that he makes "thin" value bets. Obviously if he is capable of betting an overpair on the river for value it's a clear call, but otherwise I'd fold. I like bet/fold better though unless he is capable of making some really wild bluffs.

Cliff notes: <3 RBK, call hand 1 fold hand 2.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Forget NYU Dave, I wanna hear about "Russian" Al's play or maybe "Duron-key".

[/ QUOTE ]

If "Russian" Al (i can only imagine where his money comes from) and/or Duron(rich kid family money) are in this game in NY,,,,,,,,,,I dont care what the stakes are,it HAS to be weak.
They are the TWO biggest HS fish in the the northeast!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahahhaaa! I knew someone knew my boys....

Yes they are weak LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about you state your name? If your gonna sit and play in our games, oh wait, i saw your other post you were playin $1/2 makin thousands and thousands at the club in hicksville that got shut down so u dont play in our games, you play next to our games let us know who you are. I would love to say hello.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
dude ahnuld,

please dont hijack this thread with your talk about dave's play...no one cares.

this thread is about how stePhENutS,,,,,owes tons OF MONEY all over,,,,TOWN!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

You really are an AZHLOE RBK.I have been a complete gentelman the last few months with my posts/responses/whatever and some nitwit with 3 posts comes out of the woodwork posting some garbage,and you get a [censored] woody
Grow the [censored] UP already man!

[/ QUOTE ]

Jonas is a class guy and his word is good on anything and everything. Anybody he's trashed on this board has deserved it, you included.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:32 AM

stephen,

[/ QUOTE ]
serious question, what level of education did you attain?
and what was the name of your english teacher?
also, please list any prescription medications you are currently taking.

[/ QUOTE ]

RBK,

Many members(as the above poster stated it was you)deem you to be a tremendous poster ,with great input regarding POKER related threads,yet you have turned into one of the biggest douches of late who hides behind the anonymous walls of the internet as most do.Why dont you show it then,or are these your teen idol fans that you must entertain?

Your act is getting old bro'..
Old 07-29-2007, 07:40 AM

pot calling kettle black?

fish said,

[ QUOTE ]
A gentleman wouldn't post insulting comments about guys he plays with on a message board assuming he's remaining anonymous.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Now you post insults about them on the internet but I dont recall you ever calling either one a fish to their face, especially not when you were shipping stacks of chips to them across the felt

[/ QUOTE ]

nuts said,

[ QUOTE ]
hides behind the anonymous walls of the internet as most do

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you lump yourself in with "most"
Closed Thread