Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2007, 04:19 AM

Default Re: The Gobbomom Conspiracy Thread

A few general comments,

1. Conspiracy theories are in some sense a type of folklore (as an interesting aside urban legends are classified as a subset of folklore by pedantic academics).

2. Conspiracy theories also tend to be self-perpetuating and take on ever more elaborate explanations as time goes on, especially in response to criticism. They evolve, just like religions evolve, and form a group theology. An interesting psychology is at work here and reveals something fundamental about the human species.

3. Howard Treesong is a space alien that began life incubating in a buried cocoon on the moon Titan. His starting this conspiracy theory thread is just a pretension to mask this unseemly fact from the rest of the 2+2 community. He also has plans to take over 2+2, then the poker world and then, eventually, the entire planet. Beware.

4. I am a conspiracy theory, a metaphysical statement that reaches the apex of profundity. And I am much more insidious than the space alien mentioned in 3 above.

Le Misanthrope
Old 05-05-2007, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A stirring, funny and unconventional drama based on true events, Erin Brockovich stars Julia Roberts as a twice-divorced mother of three children who sees an injustice, takes on the bad guy and wins. Desperately needing a job, Erin goes to work for her attorney (Albert Finney) and comes across some medical records describing awful illnesses clustered in one nearby town. She starts investigating and soon exposes a monumental cover-up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awww. You just lost all credibility when you insinuate that just because a film is based on true events that it is legitimately the truth.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A stirring, funny and unconventional drama based on true events, Erin Brockovich stars Julia Roberts as a twice-divorced mother of three children who sees an injustice, takes on the bad guy and wins. Desperately needing a job, Erin goes to work for her attorney (Albert Finney) and comes across some medical records describing awful illnesses clustered in one nearby town. She starts investigating and soon exposes a monumental cover-up.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's sad that this is your best example of vast conspiracy.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:58 PM

you guys are rough. The Erin Brockovich example was made to counter KJS' assertion that people don't keep quiet. I should've quoted it to make it clear. Oh well.

Justin: I've seen interviews with Erin B., the movie was true-to-life.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am intrigued by the theories that the Twin Towers were purposely brought down by dynamite after the planes hit. I am not a big conspiracy buff so have not read much at all on it. But I am curious why a building that was hit at the top would give way at the bottom and fall straight down. It is hard for me to understand so it does make me curious about the alternate theories.

Anyone?

KJS

[/ QUOTE ]

The building did not give way at the bottom. Since you have not read much info about it, I point you and anyone else to web page for all the info you need. Of course, if you believe the gov't is in on it then you will think this is just part of the cover up. That being said, I have an A.S. in Fire Science and B.S. in Fire Prevention and agree with the NIST findings. Before you or anyone starts with the basic questions, read the report, at least the FAQ, and if you still have questions, I'd be glad to answer them. Then again, maybe I'm in on the gov't cover up as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never believed the theory; I am not a conspiracy buff in the slightest. I just said I was curious what the explanation was. I will look into your link and the Scientific American article that both sound like they explain why the building fell as it did. Thanks.

KJS
Old 05-07-2007, 06:41 PM

Old 05-07-2007, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you guys are rough. The Erin Brockovich example was made to counter KJS' assertion that people don't keep quiet. I should've quoted it to make it clear. Oh well.

Justin: I've seen interviews with Erin B., the movie was true-to-life.

[/ QUOTE ]

The power company executives keeping quiet in order to try to defend from civil legal liability -- maybe a dozen (most unsuccessfully, I might add)

The tobacco industry executives keeping quiet in order to try to defend from civil legal liability -- maybe 100 (again, largely pretty damn unsuccessfully)

The massive multitudes of the entire Pentagon, US civil aviation authorities, immigration field workers, airlines, TV networks, NY police and fire, Al Silverstein and his insurers, and gawd knows how many other disparate groups with opposed interests, all the lower Manhattan residents who could not have helped see all the explosives necessary to bring down the buildings, all the structural engineers, all required to maintain constant coordination and cooperation to keep this huge secret from the few in this country who have no connection at all to any of the huge groups listed above, all in order to allow the US government to grasp more power and take away civil liberties -- priceless
Old 05-08-2007, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I enjoy some Denver Airport Conspiracy Theories. There is something odd about that place.

[/ QUOTE ]

I went insane in the Denver Airport once. I don't blame the airport, fwiw.