Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Notre Dame 8-1
1 0 0%
2 1 2.78%
3 1 2.78%
4 0 0%
5 1 2.78%
6 2 5.56%
7 2 5.56%
8 11 30.56%
9 5 13.89%
10 13 36.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2007, 04:33 PM

Default Re: AP Visit: I\'m going to Costa Rica

[ QUOTE ]
To all you people who are bitching about the money, just SHUT THE [censored] UP!!! We have been asking for a member of the online community to accompany the audit team for greater transparancy-we get what appears to be an offer to go, and you break the guys balls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey boss, I'm not sure if you replied to the wrong guy or what, but just to clarify, I don't find it inappropriate at all that Nat get compensated for his time and trouble on this visit.

In fact, it would be outlandish for AP to sincerely invite him and then put the burden on him to foot the bill for expenses and lost opportunity back home.

Totally standard.

However, for Nat's best interest, make sure your lawyer advises you on what position it may put you in the eyes of DOJ by being what some may consider a "paid consultant" that leaves and re-enters the States on "official AP business"......I would certainly hate to see the only guy getting pinched in this whole scenario being the freaking good guy that helped blow the lid off the cover.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:33 PM

Well done, Nat.

Can't think of anyone I'd sooner see investigating this in person. You of all people know what to look for and what questions to ask.

Your reportage will be eagerly awaited.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:35 PM

This is part of the process of making the whole thing go away. Pay off of the people who outed you. Or at least bring them into the fold, show them that AP is on the up and up, really trying to rectify things, etc. Just remember that if AP had its way, this whole story would have been swept under the rug weeks ago and faded away into people's memories. Classic corporate cover-up PR move.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:36 PM

I actually specified the price after discussing it with multiple people. AP instantly agreed. The amount that I asked for was carefully picked because I wanted an amount that would make it worth the time and headache, but also not so much that people who knew the amount would think my report was biased. It was a judgment call because that type of thing is really hard to decide on.

Also, I plan on writing up every request that I made. If I say can I see player X's HH from this date in this ring game and they say no, I will document that and report it. If they say yes, I'll do the same. I think that 2p2 will get a good feel for how open AP management is being just by reading my report, regardless of what I find.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:37 PM

If I was Nat, I'd want to be paid. He and the others who have put in hundreds of hours of work on this deserve to be compensated by AP. Afterall, they are probably going to save AP millions in the end.

If anyone thinks they should not be paid as it may lead to a conflict of interest, that's absurd! Even whistleblowers get paid in our country. Nat and the others have done AP a huge service, AP owes these men more than just gratitude.

Nat won't be bought, that's obvious by anyone who has gotten to know him.

Thanks and gratitude should only be shown for our heroes.

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, there's a lot more initial negativity here than I thought there would be. I thought people would know that I will not compromise my report because of a fee.

[/ QUOTE ]
OK, I haven't read beyond this post yet, but to me your integrity is not in question here. The usefulness of such a trip is though. Let's say for arguments sake that although AP have made certain promises you get to Costa Rica and feel that they're holding out on you. Then what? Even if you confirm all the evidence and suspicions you already have, get paid as promised, and post your report, however critical, where does that leave us?

I think the negativity you see is a result of a certain degree of scepticism, not questioning of your personal standing.

Nat, do you have insiders at AP that you trust enough to be able to ascertain whether any tampering had been going on?
Old 10-23-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Actually, there's a lot more initial negativity here than I thought there would be. I thought people would know that I will not compromise my report because of a fee.

[/ QUOTE ]
OK, I haven't read beyond this post yet, but to me your integrity is not in question here. The usefulness of such a trip is though. Let's say for arguments sake that although AP have made certain promises you get to Costa Rica and feel that they're holding out on you. Then what? Even if you confirm all the evidence and suspicions you already have, get paid as promised, and post your report, however critical, where does that leave us?

I think the negativity you see is a result of a certain degree of scepticism, not questioning of your personal standing.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think if I get the feeling of being stonewalled and my requests for info are either dodged or refused, we have our answer on whether their management has changed.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I want to get a feeling for what people really think because I am open to the idea of calling it off if people aren't going to believe the report that I write. I don't care about the money, it isn't nearly enough for me to want or need it.

I did say let's end discussion about it, but I'm simply not going to go down there and commit a ton of time and energy for free. I'd be happy to bring Adanthar along (and chop up the fee) or even let him go for the full amount. I don't care.

Let's hear your thoughts...

[/ QUOTE ]

take me. There is this pork tenderloin with blue cheese gravy that is sick good on this beach restaurant in Montezuma. The street performers are awesome also.

Plus I figure people out pretty easily. I make sick reads yo.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Your being paid by AP for this visit??

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes.

One thing I should also note -- I am not going to put a word of my "trip report" online before being paid in full.

They are not receiving any promise of a positive report. I'm going to be honest and fair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone who doesnt believe Nat on this is just a conspirtard.

[/ QUOTE ]

I met Nat a month ago at the Atlanta 2+2 meet up. He is an A+ stand up guy with no leaks in his personality.

BTW Nat, I'm in Jaco, Costa Rica right now. Will you have time to see part of the country other than San Jose? Would love to show my appreciation with a dinner and drinks in Jaco. We've got a good group of ppl down here to hang out with for a night if you are able.

ligastar

[/ QUOTE ]
I probably won't be traveling around too much, I do appreciate the offer though.