Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2007, 02:02 AM

Default Re: My reservations regarding Ron Paul...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If it's not, then don't try to impose your beliefs on others.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think for abortion the above quote doesn't make sense. Pro choice people aren't really imposing their morals on anybody. The federal goverenement letting somebody who thinks it is ok to get an abortion get one is not really imposing their beliefs on anybody. I guess what I am trying to say is instead of letting the states decide, let the individual decide. Nobody is imposing anything on anybody.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stopping people from stopping murder because you don't believe it's murder is most definitely imposing your morals on them. It's like the government forcing people to accept slavery by making it illegal for them to fight against it.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:08 AM

edited
Old 11-04-2007, 05:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If it's not, then don't try to impose your beliefs on others.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think for abortion the above quote doesn't make sense. Pro choice people aren't really imposing their morals on anybody. The federal goverenement letting somebody who thinks it is ok to get an abortion get one is not really imposing their beliefs on anybody. I guess what I am trying to say is instead of letting the states decide, let the individual decide. Nobody is imposing anything on anybody.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stopping people from stopping murder because you don't believe it's murder is most definitely imposing your morals on them. It's like the government forcing people to accept slavery by making it illegal for them to fight against it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is more imposing than what he said. Let the individual decide - let the doctors decide if they want to do it.