Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2007, 01:59 AM

Default Re: Problem with husband of friend - need advice please

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one who doesn't believe a word of this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember when OP first joined 2+2, all of her posts give indication that this is true (divorced, living alone, etc). So, either this is one of the best gimmick accounts of all time...

In any case, I consider it impossible that OP is messing with us, really.

[/ QUOTE ]

She is your gimmick account right? Otherwise I can't see a point to your post.

J
Old 09-07-2007, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont believe it because of this...

[ QUOTE ]
I ended up kneeing him in his balls, and leaving.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't really explain why, but something about that and just leaving without anything else doesn't seem right. I highly doubt the story would of ended just at that if that really did happen. Something about him chasing after her, screaming or more violence sounds about right. Even if he took a knee flush in the balls (which is doubtful in this case), he wouldn't be on the floor unconscious or anything.

[/ QUOTE ]
no, and i am a woman too, so this sounds really odd, and well, scripted. Any woman would just call the cops IMHO.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't really explain why, but something about that and just leaving without anything else doesn't seem right. I highly doubt the story would of ended just at that if that really did happen. Something about him chasing after her, screaming or more violence sounds about right. Even if he took a knee flush in the balls (which is doubtful in this case), he wouldn't be on the floor unconscious or anything.

[/ QUOTE ]
no, and i am a woman too, so this sounds really odd, and well, scripted. Any woman would just call the cops IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]
eh, I dunno. Lots of terrible [censored] happens to lots of innocent women without anything being reported.

Maybe it seems irrational OP doesn't want to call the cops, but the "it's a lot of stress" excuse has a lot of weight. It may not be right, but it's understandable.

The best thing OP can do is tell a third-party friend of hers what happened. Any good friend will say, "Sally, I know this sucks for you, you're worried about your friendship, how much stress this may cause, whatever. But you need to be strong and pick up the phone and tell the police what happened. You'll remember for the rest of your life what decision you made, so do what you know in your heart is the right one."

That stuff works better when told face-to-face from someone who cares about you.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
eh, I dunno. Lots of terrible [censored] happens to lots of innocent women without anything being reported.

Maybe it seems irrational OP doesn't want to call the cops, but the "it's a lot of stress" excuse has a lot of weight. It may not be right, but it's understandable.

The best thing OP can do is tell a third-party friend of hers what happened. Any good friend will say, "Sally, I know this sucks for you, you're worried about your friendship, how much stress this may cause, whatever. But you need to be strong and pick up the phone and tell the police what happened. You'll remember for the rest of your life what decision you made, so do what you know in your heart is the right one."

That stuff works better when told face-to-face from someone who cares about you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Beleive me, i have had way more than my share of bad things! There just seem to be holes in this story that don't make sense, from my point of view. Seems very dramatic, like OP wanting attention. If i am in fact wrong, then i wish the OP the best. But my gut feelin says this didn't happen, so just my opinion.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember when OP first joined 2+2, all of her posts give indication that this is true (divorced, living alone, etc). So, either this is one of the best gimmick accounts of all time...

In any case, I consider it impossible that OP is messing with us, really.

[/ QUOTE ]

She is your gimmick account right? Otherwise I can't see a point to your post.

J

[/ QUOTE ]

People were questioning validity/integrity of OP. I defended OP indicating OP's past posts were consistant in that they were written by a female poster, who lived alone. Thus, I concluded this would have to be an extremly dedicated gimmick account for the OP to be messing with us, and I don't think anyone would put that much effort into a thread. Ergo, I think its impossible that the OP is being less than sincere.

^Did that help clear up my point?
Old 09-07-2007, 04:30 AM

does anyone seriously believe a middle aged women reads OOT, and not only that she comes here to post her problems....people amaze me.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:32 AM

The reasons for filing a police report are less about this instance, and more about the next, I think. And peace of mind for OP. I would probably want to know I did all that I could, and that there was a record somewhere of this.

If it never happens again then that's great. But if it does, at least no one can say "this is the first we heard of it."
Old 09-07-2007, 09:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
no, and i am a woman too, so this sounds really odd, and well, scripted.b Any woman would just call the cops IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

uh huh, thats why most rapes go unreported

the fact you believe this makes me believe you arent really a woman
Old 09-07-2007, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
File a police report against him.

[/ QUOTE ]

... and get photos of the bruise.
... document the phone records.
... investigate plausbility of assault conviction.
... go from there.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:12 AM

1) make movie
2) sell to lifetime/Oxygen/WE
3) ??????
4) $$$