Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2007, 10:39 AM

Default Re: The Well: kkf

Did you ever read anything by else by Kerouac? Dharma Bums, for example? Anything by the other Beats?

What's the music like in Thailand?

[ QUOTE ]
I dont have much (any) contact with other foriegners. I dont know why exactly, I just dont have any desire too. Most of guys have probably never been around a native Asian girl. Its hard to explain it, how they are, how great it is. I guess its one of those things you just have to experience. But for me, there is no going back. The idea of meeting an American Rocket scientist-Model as Diabo put it, doesnt do anything for me. I would much rather hang out with some poor waitress or shop girl.

[/ QUOTE ]
I loved this. So true. I felt exactly the same when I was around South America. Maybe because so many things that "should" matter don't matter to them. And consequently they don't matter to us. I felt lighter when I was there.
Old 01-27-2007, 01:17 PM

kkf, will they ever escape from the island and will all the questions be answered?
Old 01-27-2007, 01:54 PM

Yeah, Ive read a few Kerouac books including Dharma Bums. I like them because you can open it up to any page and there will usually be something good on it. That is the way I normally read them: pick it off the shelf, flip around for ten minutes, put it down, repeat six months later.

"I felt exactly the same when I was around South America. Maybe because so many things that "should" matter don't matter to them. And consequently they don't matter to us. I felt lighter when I was there."

This sounds about right. Transfering in JFK airport, I noticed how every single employee I came across was gossiping about other people and seemed miserable(if I worked there I would be miserable too). But here, it is much different. There seems to be almost no sense of entitlement. Most people here seem to believe strongly in Karma. If something good happens to them, they say that they are lucky. They do not appear to feel guilty about their success or of being lucky. When something bad happens, they say that they are unlucky.

I love it when my GF drops random buddhist ideas into our conversations like "everything is fake" or "I walk in the middle".
Old 01-27-2007, 02:28 PM

Love these threads, I think this will save HSNL. Thanks to both of you guys for doing this (hope more will in the future!)

Wow, Thailand is more and more tempting.

Anyway my questions...

Would you ever consider teaching locals to play poker to help them escape poverty/supplement the local economy?

How did you and your gf meet? Do you want to settle down there?
Old 01-27-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just be more subtle than usual and when you flirt with her dont do it infront of other people.

The chinese film Chungking Express has an amazing scene that starts "[On every flight, there is a stewerdess that you would like to seduce. At forty thousand feet in the air last year, I did.]" If any of them are Chinese, this might be a good way to start a conversation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the tips kkf

[ QUOTE ]

What do you do for the airline?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am an airline pilot. Its a fun gig, and you meet a ton of different women.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:24 PM

"Would you ever consider teaching locals to play poker to help them escape poverty/supplement the local economy?"

That would be complicated.

"How did you and your gf meet?"

I approached her in a shopping mall.

"I am an airline pilot. Its a fun gig, and you meet a ton of different women."

Sweet, sweet, sweet.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Would you ever consider teaching locals to play poker to help them escape poverty/supplement the local economy?"

That would be complicated.

"How did you and your gf meet?"

I approached her in a shopping mall.

"I am an airline pilot. Its a fun gig, and you meet a ton of different women."

Sweet, sweet, sweet.

[/ QUOTE ]

How successful was your intial attempt at sexually harrassing her? Also, pix?
Old 01-27-2007, 06:23 PM

KKF,

You've got a reservation at a nice restaurant for a table of 4.

Which other 3 living people do you invite to join you? [Cannot be family, spouse, gf etc]
Old 01-27-2007, 09:52 PM

Great read!
[ QUOTE ]
Thoughts on other posters: Most influential to my poker game were Ray Zee, Diablo, and RBK. RBK's posts about checking behind on the flop really opened alot of different doors to me on how to think in terms of multiple streets. Zee has a number of really great posts that steer more towards TAG strategies that I thought were important. Zee's underbetting thread also really helped me think about multi-street plays/theory. Whenever I had some poker ideas that I didnt want to share on this forum, I would pm Diablo about them and he was pretty influential in shaping and accepting or rejecting some of these ideas/strategies.

With all the young LAGs like Strassa, alot of the strategy threads got somewhat fancy and kind of goofy. i would recommend people to go back and read the archives of zee, GoG, flyyn, Diablo etc for a more fundamental understanding of the TAG game - the crazy Sam/Strassa LAG game comes after that.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you have any links to your favorite posts on 2+2?
Old 01-28-2007, 01:54 AM

how many tables at a time do you play?

how many hands do you usually play per session, or do you play for a certain amount of time, or do you just play until you don't feel like it anymore?

With all the new legislation, how long do you perceive online poker to be profitable for small or mid-stakes NL players?