Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2006, 03:53 PM

Default Re: Play though a hand with me here....

[ QUOTE ]
Let's see if we can get to the river by new years 2012 .

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, I just laugh every time this thread gets bumped.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll be posting this hand in steps. Once discussion about a particular decision has died down I'll say what I did next and what else happpened.

$4000 buy in MTT, about 300 entrants, 40 spots pay. Start with 10,000 chips.

Play has been going on for about 2 hours. Blinds are now 100/200. I have been at the same table the entire time, but quite a few people have busted and new people have been shuffled in. I have 17,000 in chips, which is slightly above average in the tourney but is slightly below average at the table.

I'm in EP with 4-5 of diamonds.

UTG is a tricky player who limp with monsters and many times will slowplay too much and get himself in trouble. He will also occassionally make moves that are simply weird and pretty unexplainable. He looks at his cards, takes a longer time than usual to act, and min. raises to 400. I have never seen him min. raise or raise from EP.

I'm next to act.

I do have reads on several of the players behind me...Generally speaking, several of them are very loose with their calls. I will give more details on specific players as they become pertinent to the hand.

Even though I'm out of position, I decide that the stacks are so deep and theres a decent chance that he has a monster that maybe I could take his whole stack here. I'll take a gamble and call. Thoughts on this? Too loose? I'll stop here for now...

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-14-2006, 03:58 PM
 is offline

The man is busy running oats. Jeez, everyone ease up and be happy he updates this thread at all.

No socks for God's sake!!
Old 11-14-2006, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But don't you think that the min raise from a tricky player would deter many players from minraising? Moreover since I made a rather strange call out of position, don't you'd think that perhaps they'd even put me on a monster?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're giving your opponents too much credit.

Anyways, check/fold flop. UTG's actions stink of a slowplay to me.

[/ QUOTE ]This is a $4000 buy in tournament. I'm not saying that to brag, but I think that perhaps you're not giving my opponents enough credit.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'll be posting this hand in steps. Once discussion about a particular decision has died down I'll say what I did next and what else happpened.

Play has been going on for about 2 hours but this one hand is so uninteresting that it will take a year to generate any kind of discussion. Blinds are now 100/200. I have been at the same table the entire time, but quite a few people have busted and new people have been shuffled in. I have 17,000 in chips, which is slightly above average in the tourney but is slightly below average at the table.

UTG is a tricky player who limp with monsters and many times will slowplay too much and get himself in trouble. He will also occassionally make moves that are simply weird and pretty unexplainable. He looks at his cards, takes a longer time than usual to act, and min. raises to 400. I have never seen him min. raise or raise from EP.

I'm next to act.

I do have reads on several of the players behind me...Generally speaking, several of them are very loose with their calls. I will give more details on specific players as they become pertinent to the hand.

Even though I'm out of position, I decide that the stacks are so deep and theres a decent chance that he has a monster that maybe I could take his whole stack here. I'll take a gamble and call. Thoughts on this? Too loose? I'll stop here for a few months with hope that someone has a comment relevant to this hand...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 11-14-2006, 04:23 PM

I don't think it had trouble generating discussion at all. In fact, as soon as I posted it the responses began to come in pretty heavily. But whatever...I'm not really concerned with it being "interesting"; I'm concerned with us all possibly learning something and improving our games.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:29 PM
 is offline

Yeah, but dude... half of my leaks have already been plugged since this thread started. [censored], I think Fossilman even posted at the beginning of this thread referencing a $3r hand he played on Stars.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Play has been going on for about 2 hours. Blinds are now 100/200. I have been at the same table the entire time, but quite a few people have busted and new people have been shuffled in. I have 17,000 in chips, which is slightly above average in the tourney but is slightly below average at the table.

I'm next to act.

Even though I'm out of position, I decide that the stacks are so deep and theres a decent chance that he has a monster that maybe I could take his whole stack here. I'll take a gamble and call. Thoughts on this? Too loose? I'll stop here for now...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I, personally, would just put 172 units on the moneyline.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, but dude... half of my leaks have already been plugged since this thread started. [censored], I think Fossilman even posted at the beginning of this thread referencing a $3r hand he played on Stars.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-14-2006, 06:09 PM

03/06/06 11:16 AM

I DIDN'T EVEN PLAY POKER THEN WTF FINISH THIS THREAD IT'S OLDER THAN MY POKER CAREER