Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 12:50 PM

Default Re: September [censored] thread

[ QUOTE ]
Speaking of jobs...

Who's currently applying for finance jobs? Where? I'm currently applying to a bunch of i-banks and one or two HFs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm applying to a bunch of IBs but feel like my chances are pretty slim with no internship experience. I also plan on listing poker just as an Interest at the bottom, rather than emphasizing it more heavily.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:49 PM

holy cow the GBP did so well today, anyone know why? up $0.02 on the dollar or 1%, plus did well against other currencies as well.

i was pissed my shorting of the USD/JPY lost me a bit today given how well longing the GBP/USD did, but looks like GBP just smacked everyone.

strange.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:31 PM

This is a nice summary of the financial blog universe all in one place. Im going through right now and adding ones I wasn't familiar with to my RSS feed for trial runs.

List of Financial Blogs
Old 09-28-2007, 10:08 PM

So how did you do this month? I had a good month on the back of a bit of improvement on DSUP and a lucky/timely exit on our ethanol position RSC. I really screwed up the analysis on RSC. But I was convincing enough to get both my employers to take large positions. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I think we all got out ahead though.

So for September the results are:
Dow - 4.58%
Nasdaq - 5.79%
Russel - 2.27%
S&P - 4.6%
Krishan - 8.7%

I'm down on a YTD basis I think. No worries though. Portfolio is designed with long holding periods in mind. I'm going to have a long term goal of beating the indexes by 1%/month. Not with any real expectation on a month by month basis. But it might be fun just to take a look each month.

Krishan

http://news.morningstar.com/index/in...ion=IdxReturns
Old 09-29-2007, 02:06 AM

So apparently Cramer is really behind Caterpillar and Altria now. I've owned both of these for a while, and I'm wondering what the short and long term affects of Cramer really are. Does anyone have an article or something I can read about the Cramer effect?
Old 10-01-2007, 07:42 PM

yo ahnuld, when you read this please add a october [censored] thread.

i saw this from earlier in the month from gonebroke2:

[ QUOTE ]
gold making a run towards 700USD

[/ QUOTE ]

he's the main reason ive got into gold, you must of had a great month!

still kicking myself i only got in at $725, but now up at $747 my $60 per $1 has made a nice $1300 so far, although i think i should change my stoploss. right now its at $570 or so. i figure i might as well only have the money i need to cover my position till say $700 and leave the rest in a savings account making interest, or new positions on oil for example.

hope september has been a good month for everyone, ive somehow made money, which means ill no doubt have a terrible october
Old 10-01-2007, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yo ahnuld, when you read this please add a october [censored] thread.

i saw this from earlier in the month from gonebroke2:

[ QUOTE ]
gold making a run towards 700USD

[/ QUOTE ]

he's the main reason ive got into gold, you must of had a great month!

still kicking myself i only got in at $725, but now up at $747 my $60 per $1 has made a nice $1300 so far, although i think i should change my stoploss. right now its at $570 or so. i figure i might as well only have the money i need to cover my position till say $700 and leave the rest in a savings account making interest, or new positions on oil for example.

hope september has been a good month for everyone, ive somehow made money, which means ill no doubt have a terrible october

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not buying the fact that all is well in the US Markets. I think that the FED is pumping massive liquidity into the system and that liquidity is propelling the general equities. This is also why Gold is very strong lately and I believe it has a long way to go. My guess is 800USD before year end and 1000+ in 2008. I had a decent month, but I think the big money is around the corner. RGLD options have done well (+100-200%); they expire in 2010 so I will roll the dice.
Closed Thread