Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 05:23 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (9/17)

[ QUOTE ]
Not wanting to brag, but since your post is implying I'm some kind of fool, let me say that I haven't had a losing heads up session on those stakes at FullTilt in more than two years.

[/ QUOTE ]

In an effort to prove you are not a fool, you say something extremely stupid.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:36 PM

All,

In the JT vs AJ hand, Jamie Gold pushes and it looks like they count down 48k - 20k cash, 10k in 500s, 18k - almost a stack of 1000s.

Then at the end, when they are pushing the win, they count and there's a little confusion, but everyone agrees it is 58. I'm sure it's right since everyone agreed, just curious what I missed there.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Although he was a laughable tell-box vs. Eli on that trip Kings hand...

[/ QUOTE ]

Results based thinker
Results based thinker
Results based thinker
Results based thinker
Results based thinker
Results based thinker.

This reminds me of another poster who said Matusow gave away his hand with a 100% certainty when he had the nuts and was commenting that he didn't have a bunch of hands. Heck, Doyle did the exact same thing last week on PaD and had an absolute zero. I see the same stuff at least fifty times a week.
Same goes for your post. Gold does RANDOM things. Let me repeat: RANDOM. Even he has no idea until he's saying it. If he had a flush draw you would all be saying the same thing "OMG TELL BOX LOL!!! These are not tells...Just understand how stupid you are please. Let me give you an example of a possible tell that is extremely hard to spot. Phil Ivey tends to made a funny upward head movement when he has a very weak hand immediately after he bets it. Has anyone noticed it? I've seen it around twenty times now and have never seen him do it when he has a strong hand. Now this may be a credible tell. You see, I have a control in my assumptions. You have baseless, fact-less horse-crap!! For the love of God!! HELP ME!!!

My word...what's wrong with this forum? I read through some posts and so far 90% of it is fill with utter nonsense/crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear christ, Jane, give it a rest already. No need to fill the world with vitriol just because your husband died.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
These players don't even know the odds of an open ended straight draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course they know, although it's different against a set, due to the board pairing on either street, making the calculation pretty damned difficult to do in your head and I'm a mathematician. Yes, you're around a 3-to-1 favorite with a set against an OESD, but there's so many things these guys have to remember that this is pretty useless in the grand scheme of things to know the exact odds here.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty standard odds. I would think any decent player would know that a set is a 3-1 favorite over a flush or OES draw. I was suprised, especially when someone said 2-1.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

In the JT vs AJ hand, Jamie Gold pushes and it looks like they count down 48k - 20k cash, 10k in 500s, 18k - almost a stack of 1000s.

Then at the end, when they are pushing the win, they count and there's a little confusion, but everyone agrees it is 58. I'm sure it's right since everyone agreed, just curious what I missed there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jamie said, it's about 50k, then at the end of the hand he counts it at $58,300. I think thats why he told him to forget about the $300
Old 09-18-2007, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it is amazing how much the rest of the table openly disrespects jamie/phil .

do you think he realizes this, or is he just so much in his own world that he doesn't pick up on all the snickering everytime he does something so stupid/whiney ?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-18-2007, 06:32 PM

One thing that bothered me about this episode. First, watch from 2:55 on last week's preview of this episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uMk5__9mz8

He says, "after you **** me, you're supposed to take ME out to dinner."

Funny comment, but AJ/Gabe talked over the comment during last night's episode. This is quality table talk from a guy who just lost a pretty big pot. You could hear the bleep, but you really couldn't understand anything said between them. Why would they show this comment on the preview, but then talk over it on the episode?

Gonna say it again--put HSP on DVD and give an option to turn off Gabe/AJ. I think they are great for the show, but it would be nice to hear all the uncensored table talk.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i really didn't think people like veil actually existed. wow. i guess i have been overestimating the general population.

[/ QUOTE ]

Back it up then, you dip.s.hit. How tough are you over the internet? Back up your insult 'cause I don't even know what you're hinting at. I'll further back up my points: go read or watch any gold interview, he'll be quoted saying that he doesn't find himself to be even a great player, but merely a good player. Find me just one thing he says that even hints at him portraying arrogance and I'll point out your judgmental tendencies based on no foundation whatsoever besides your stupid ignorant brain. If you don't disagree with this, what on Earth are you even talking about, and what are you hoping to achieve by writing this crap? You're so much better than me, mate, loads better. I'll play you $50/$100 heads up on FullTilt any day of the week. Not wanting to brag, but since your post is implying I'm some kind of fool, let me say that I haven't had a losing heads up session on those stakes at FullTilt in more than two years.

[/ QUOTE ]
you're taking offense and trying to be defensive when you say you don't even understand what i'm saying. what i was getting at is more of your "if i have the chip lead at the wsopme for a few days and win i will kill anyone that made fun of my poker ability because that one feat alone will have proven that i am one of the greatest players ever to hold the cards". that is laughable, dude.

as for your dick-waving contest, i'd have to move a bit of money around for $50/100 that i'd rather not have to mess with, but if you'd settle for $25/50 on ftp, i'd be more than happy to take you up on the deal. let me know.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i really didn't think people like veil actually existed. wow. i guess i have been overestimating the general population.

[/ QUOTE ]

Back it up then, you dip.s.hit. How tough are you over the internet? Back up your insult 'cause I don't even know what you're hinting at. I'll further back up my points: go read or watch any gold interview, he'll be quoted saying that he doesn't find himself to be even a great player, but merely a good player. Find me just one thing he says that even hints at him portraying arrogance and I'll point out your judgmental tendencies based on no foundation whatsoever besides your stupid ignorant brain. If you don't disagree with this, what on Earth are you even talking about, and what are you hoping to achieve by writing this crap? You're so much better than me, mate, loads better. I'll play you $50/$100 heads up on FullTilt any day of the week. Not wanting to brag, but since your post is implying I'm some kind of fool, let me say that I haven't had a losing heads up session on those stakes at FullTilt in more than two years.

[/ QUOTE ]
you're taking offense and trying to be defensive when you say you don't even understand what i'm saying. what i was getting at is more of your "if i have the chip lead at the wsopme for a few days and win i will kill anyone that made fun of my poker ability because that one feat alone will have proven that i am one of the greatest players ever to hold the cards". that is laughable, dude.

as for your dick-waving contest, i'd have to move a bit of money around for $50/100 that i'd rather not have to mess with, but if you'd settle for $25/50 on ftp, i'd be more than happy to take you up on the deal. let me know.

[/ QUOTE ]

let us know too, so we can rail ya.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:19 PM

was anyone else jumping up and down, hoping baxter would hit his draw and send helmuth absolutely nuclear?
that would've been the best poker on tv, ever.