Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 11:29 PM

Default Re: WORLD WAR 3

"America The New Superforce > Russia + China"

Thanks guy, had me laughing [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

What was the last decent size conflict you won remind me?
Iraq? Err...
Kosovo? Eh...
Gulf War? Really..
Vietman? Sure..

OH! Dear! I remembered. It was WW2. Europe would never see light again without USA troops in Normandy. Thank you USA!

ps Where exactly are you going to build all those pretty tanks and aircrafts if you entered a war with china one day? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

pss Viva to the best Airforce and Navy in the world [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2007, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but the surveillance systems that monitor things like that would be damn near impossible to take out.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not entirely true. The chinese have reportedly developed a very powerful laser that can blind surveillance satellites.

[/ QUOTE ]

I already stated this, its not a laser though its a missle, and yes, it is possible, but Im assuming that our military recon would set this up as one of the first targets to bomb as the system is not easy to hide.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:43 PM

you guys are all missing the obvious... world war 3 will be

HUMANS VS ZOMBIES

and it will be sexy
Old 10-17-2007, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
only china has the ability to shoot down a sat, and even then its not easy and we can defend against it, there is really no other way to disrupt our comm other than shooting down sats. It maybe harder for us to communicate, but the surveillance systems that monitor things like that would be damn near impossible to take out.

[/ QUOTE ] The satellites are controlled somehow from the US. I think it's a little arrogant to think it's impossible to somehow shut them down from China, say with the help of a few American traitors. It might be difficult enough that it would not be worth trying, but what do I know. And if the Russians can launch their own satellites into space, why is it unconcievable that they could shoot down some of yours?

[ QUOTE ]
not to mention knocking out all conventional radar.

[/ QUOTE ] That I can't see any possible way to knock out, but does that work well for tracking ships?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes of course it tracks ships, ever watched a WW2 movie? Yes the sats are controlled within the use, and no, its not arrogant to think its damn near impossible to shutdown the tracking stations, I have no idea where they control them, I doubt anyone even knows where the backup controllers are, but either way I can guarantee you they are buried in a near impregnable fortress under some mountain.

no offence, but saying that launching sats is the same as shooting them down reveals some ignorance on your part, it was well publicized when china tested their first sat shooter, there is no way russia has this technology yet, or is close to it.

I follow this tech security stuff as a hobby, russia is still is so far behind as far as any of this goes they are immaterial, china on the other hand, speaking strictly of electronic warfare is fairly close to the US.

the only way I can conceive of china taking down a chunk of our military comm (not public comm, this would be trivially easy...phones/etc) would be to strike first, like tommorow when there is no intel that they are even thinking about it, and in a "terrorist-like" manner.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Like I said Americains are overrated millitary wise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I could find a source right now, but I'm certain the US has more of pretty much everything, fighter jets, bombers, submarines, aircraft carriers, and destroyers then both russia and china combined. This with the fact that nearly all the things listed that we have more of are also stronger, stealthier, and loaded with more powerful weapons makes this a no brainer. Manpower only matters if you can make it to land.

We look like dumbasses in iraq right now because we can't tell who the enemy is, if there's a bunch of ships heading at us it becomes a lot clearer.

[/ QUOTE ]

jets,bombers,ships don't really matter in war anymore space technology is where it is all at and Russian is top tie
r in that category.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, Russia is doing wonders with those GPS guided bombs while we're still cluster bombing the [censored] out of Iraq [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2007, 11:54 PM

Here's a scenario I've thought of. US bombs Iran's nuclear facilities. US realizes too late that Amadin...Ahmadhin...Iran's leader isn't bluffing and Iran launches a full-scale assault against spread-out US troops in Iraq. The US is forced to transfer troops from other parts of the world to deal with the conflict. As a result of this power vacuum, China and North Korea invade Taiwan and S Korea respectively.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:58 PM

God it'd be so cool if there was a war, just to read the analysis of how much rape and destruction will result.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's a scenario I've thought of. US bombs Iran's nuclear facilities. US realizes too late that Amadin...Ahmadhin...Iran's leader isn't bluffing and Iran launches a full-scale assault against spread-out US troops in Iraq. The US is forced to transfer troops from other parts of the world to deal with the conflict. As a result of this power vacuum, China and North Korea invade Taiwan and S Korea respectively.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are assuming that this is a napoleonic groundwar type situation. We wouldnt get sucked if Iran invaded Iraq, that would be enough of an afront that it would justify us carpet bombing half the middle east, civilian casualites be damned. Something like that actually means we'ed be pulling out troops, and the contigent that would be actually bombing would be very small. Our ground forces would actually be better regrouped than they are now. In fact, this would be the time to do it (invade taiwan/sk) becuase our forces are fairly spread out.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree our army/air force/navy are all vastly superior, but just saying, if an extremely long, conventional war started, we basically built China's infrastructure while neglecting our own. It could take us a long time to get new factories up and running (as opposed to just converting existing factories to wartime efforts like we have in the past).

[/ QUOTE ]

except we can hit their infrastructure, and they can't really hit ours

I'm pretty sure the US would make those targets a high priority, and I doubt China can defend vs the onslaught on them
Old 10-18-2007, 12:09 AM

lol at the "america spread thin posts"