Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 03:10 AM

Default Re: The Well: luegofuego

Can you give me an example in which you explain your thought process for that given hand?

[ QUOTE ]
u cant [censored] trust nature yo.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:24 AM

i agree with basically everything you say and you have good taste in stuff so it hurts my heart a little that you think i am fish [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

anyway my question is, wtf do you go when you randomly disappear from 2+2/online poker for a couple months every now and then? it seems like you have been capable of beating 10/20 for ages but every few months you disappear and then come back and have to grind your way back up the limits again.

do you just periodically spend a couple months blowing the cash you made on degeneracy? cos that's what i like to imagine from some huge nordic viking cokehead who looks like he wants to pummel you but actually sits around listening to skinny dudes playing acoustic guitar and singing about their feelings [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2007, 05:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
im a hudbot. dont remember anything about anyone i face. good memory is easily the most overrated aspect of poker. just look at their numbers and try to analyze them. its pretty easy and u can get more from the PAHUD stats than u might think. most players play pretty much the same anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]
So a basic newbie question: what stats would indicate that I should 2nd/3rd barrel somebody? Eg a low WTSD means he's folding winners (good for 2nd/3rd bar) and a high WTSD means he calls the flop with rubbish that folds to a turn bet (again good) which seems paradoxial.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Good answer. Same question but for SSNL (100, 200NL assuming you ever played there)

[/ QUOTE ]

i dunno... i guess same thing applies to all stakes. maybe "dont play one pairs when the fish raise u regardless of how pretty it looks?"
Old 10-18-2007, 05:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Luego, wtf happened to Mason. Where is he?

[/ QUOTE ]

nfi [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] i think he might be partying it up in NYC cuz he was supposed to move there. but like how hard is it to get an internet connection? hes weird like that.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you mentioned $350/hr for coaching. Do you have a set "lesson plan" or structure to this?

[/ QUOTE ]

no. i am also pretty picky with choosing students. there are a lot of things that speak against coaching. no the least of which a PM i received yesterday from someone who had received hours upon hours of coaching from a big winner, who wanted to sell/trade the coaching sessions to me. this has happened to me before aswell. pretty disgusting imo. if i do decide to go more heavily into it, i guess i will get myself some kind of web page trying to explain my methods. not that interested in taking on ppl right now, sorry...
Old 10-18-2007, 05:59 AM

what do you think your win rate would be if you were to play online 1/2?
Old 10-18-2007, 06:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

So a basic newbie question: what stats would indicate that I should 2nd/3rd barrel somebody? Eg a low WTSD means he's folding winners (good for 2nd/3rd bar) and a high WTSD means he calls the flop with rubbish that folds to a turn bet (again good) which seems paradoxial.

[/ QUOTE ]

A high WTSD means he's likely calling down light and should be value bet harder.

These stats take a ton of hands to become reliable though.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you agree with the Metetron's post, that coaching will fix some standard leaks and make you a possible winner at small stakes, but never teach you to beat MSNL?

I am currently going back and forth on getting a coach right now, since I feel that I've learned so much more about the game by putting time in and working on it on my own and not using some standard playbook.

While I feel a coach would help me to plug some leaks, I don't want to get stuck learning a style that will be successful at one limit but will hamper my growth as a player.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, i definitely disagree with metetron there. a coach can be invaluable in the transition from ANY stakes to ANY stakes, even $50/$100 to $100/$200 i imagine. just depends on the coach. a bad coach will teach u how to play like him, and tell u what to do with individual hands. a great coach will explain the underlying concepts in a way u will understand, help u think about the game in a different way which will help u to develop your style and analyze the game ON YOUR OWN. a good coach will NOT stunt your growth.

that said, there is no substitute for pure and raw INTEREST in the game. the biggest realizations about my game has come to me when i was in the shower or out dancing. u have to constantly think about what u are doing wrong and what u could improve upon. that, and good friends to discuss hands with.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Can you give me an example in which you explain your thought process for that given hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

tbh its mostly "wow this nig nog is weak, i bet and if he calls, im betting river", or "[censored] he likes his hand, better folds" or "goddamn ur floating me a lot ese, who do u take me for, i checkraise allin" i am sure the subconscious analysis is deeper than that, but thats what i am thinking on any given hand. if u want more specific examples, u gotta give more specific questions tho.