Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2007, 07:49 PM

Default Re: One Reason....We Owe Them Money By Treaty

[ QUOTE ]
<Sigh> I will ask once again and feel free to dodge the question.
Can you cite a middle eastern country which is more civilized than Israel?

Why do I have this feeling no one will/or can answer this question?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because your definition of civilized is likely to be democratic/resembles western culture (no offense, but I've heard this argument before). While it is true Israel is the most democratic, and I support democracy, that alone is not the sole indicator of civilization.

For example, the dictionary defines being civilized as being humane and ethical. How does Israel compare in regards to other nations in the region in this regard? In regards to UN sanctions? Condemnation from Amnesty International? How many other countries in the region are involved in a 35 year illegal occupation?

In short, civilization is a very broad and subjective term, and it's a silly question/challenge.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Explains why they've killed 3 times more people than the other side.

[/ QUOTE ]
The USA killed a lot of Nazis in WW2.
We won the war by killing more Nazis than they kill Americans. So what is your point other than Israel knows how to win wars.

[ QUOTE ]
Blatantly racist statement.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL! I make a statement without mentioning race and I'm accuse of racism. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
If I only had a dollar each time I was called a racist on this forum.......

Don't confuse me with a cowardly moderate that runs with his tail between his legs if someone accuses him of racism. Arabs/msulims are not known for their enlighten attitudes towards humanity. A brief examination of Sharia law will support my point. If Israeli gets tough on Arabs, it is a matter of fighting fire-with-fire. If anything, i think the Israelis need to take the gloves off and take a chapter from Sherman's march on the sea.... Columnist Thomas Friedman, an anti-Isreal Jew, calls this "Hamas Rules". "Hamas Rules" is the only way Israel will achieve peace in the middle east....
Old 06-04-2007, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If anything, i think the Israelis need to take the gloves off

[/ QUOTE ]

Such measures are usually needed for an illegal occupation to succeed.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:05 PM

"
For example, the dictionary defines being civilized as being humane and ethical. How does Israel compare in regards to other nations in the region in this regard? In regards to UN sanctions? Condemnation from Amnesty International? How many other countries in the region are involved in a 35 year illegal occupation?"

These are good questions, if you actually have an open mind.

Israel has 1 million Arabs who live in their country, in better conditions than ANYONE except the ultra rich elite of the Arab world. Israel has a SUPREME COURT that guarentees civil rights to their citizens, Arab or Israeli.

As for the U.N. the body politic that recently appointed Iran to CHAIR their disarmament committee and passed a resolution banning defamation of Islam (at the expense of free speech) their criticisms of Israel do not concern me. The fact is, the IDF delivers humanitarian aid to Palestinian citizens. It is insane to imagine the Palestinian terrorists doing the same after they use suicider bombers to kill civilians.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because your definition of civilized is likely to be......BLAH....BLAH.....BLAH

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I knew I wouldn't get an answer.....

Wouldn't it save us both time to say, "Felix, you are right. The other countries of the middle east are terrible. When compared to these countries, Israel is paradise. I concede that I can not cite another country in the middle east which is more civilized."
Old 06-04-2007, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"
For example, the dictionary defines being civilized as being humane and ethical. How does Israel compare in regards to other nations in the region in this regard? In regards to UN sanctions? Condemnation from Amnesty International? How many other countries in the region are involved in a 35 year illegal occupation?"

These are good questions, if you actually have an open mind.

Israel has 1 million Arabs who live in their country, in better conditions than ANYONE except the ultra rich elite of the Arab world. Israel has a SUPREME COURT that guarentees civil rights to their citizens, Arab or Israeli.

As for the U.N. the body politic that recently appointed Iran to CHAIR their disarmament committee and passed a resolution banning defamation of Islam (at the expense of free speech) their criticisms of Israel do not concern me. The fact is, the IDF delivers humanitarian aid to Palestinian citizens. It is insane to imagine the Palestinian terrorists doing the same after they use suicider bombers to kill civilians.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not disputing that living conditions are better in Israel, or that their justice system more closely resembles ours. But if you're going to argue that the Palestinians in the occupied territories receive the same rights as Israelis, or have a higher standard of living than in surrounding countries, this is clearly false. Because some people live well in a country does not negate the fact that some suffer unjustly because of said country. Both sides must be taken into account when determining the "civilization" of a country (a label which, as I've said before, is way too broad and subjective a term to have any useful application).

I am curious as to why you said I have not used an open mind. I was clearly acknowledging the previous posters point (or implied point), and then made my own. Both him and yourself seem interested only in your own points, and not actually acknowledging what others have said, or tried to say, and any grains of truth that might be inherent in their words. Just because you disagree with someone does not necessarily mean they do not have an open mind.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Because your definition of civilized is likely to be......BLAH....BLAH.....BLAH

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I knew I wouldn't get an answer.....

Wouldn't it save us both time to say, "Felix, you are right. The other countries of the middle east are terrible. When compared to these countries, Israel is paradise. I concede that I can not cite another country in the middle east which is more civilized."

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't get an answer because your question was silly. your trying to argue which country is more aptly described by a broad and subjective term. We could just as easily argue which is the more awesomest country. It's a pointless question.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Israel is LOYAL to the USA. They can be counted on.
The same can not be said of Arab countries. In terms of morality, Israel is VASTLY more civilized than their Arab neighbors. If you had to choose between being captured by an Israeli or an Arab the choice is EASY. Choose being captured by an Israeli. EVEN IF YOU ARE AN ARAB. You chances of surviving and not being tortured is better with an Israeli..... Israel is a island of rationality and civilization in an INSANE middle east

[/ QUOTE ]
Is this post for real?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he is stupid enough to believe it, but seems to be stupid enough to think that we will.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:18 PM

If they are loyal and can be counted on, why didn't they give us more of a heads up about 9/11 before it happened?

You're going to tell me they had no idea?
Old 06-05-2007, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If anything, i think the Israelis need to take the gloves off

[/ QUOTE ]

Such measures are usually needed for an illegal occupation to succeed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Define "illegal" and "occupation"...they dont fit.