19. Georgia, 5-2
20. Texas Tech, 6-1
21. Auburn, 5-2
22. Penn State, 5-2
23. Texas, 5-2
24. Michigan, 5-2
25. Cincinnati, 6-1

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL at everyone that keeps dropping USC even after a win with the backup QB. I think right now they are wishing they could have Lane Kiffin back, the playcalling by Sarkisian was awful in the AZ game. How many more times were we going to run it on 3rd and long? I got the feeling nobody quite trusts Sanchez yet, and the playcalling is going to be conservative like this next week too against Notre Dame, and however much longer Booty is out. This will not win confidence with the voters but I still think with Booty back in form and the Spanos healthy at center this is a top 10 team.

Also, LOL at everyone ranking Florida better than USC. They might be defending national champions, they might be in the SEC, but this team barely beat Ole Miss then lost two in a row, once to Auburn who is not that good. Florida might be a better team than USC, its tough to tell, but as of this moment you can not rank them higher after losing twice.

This leads to my last LOL, all the people continue to rank LSU in the top 5 or even top 3 (not you rwperu I think I can live with your ranking). So lets say we have established that Florida should be ranked somewhere in between 20-15. This means LSU struggled against Tulane (anyone that actually watched that game would agree), which is a terrible team, then struggled against Florida, which should be ranked #20-15 somewhere, then finally lost to KU, which people still don't want to rank above LSU. I love the incredible bias everyone still has towards SEC powerhouse teams. The jig is up with LSU man. The truth is this year no one is that much better than anybody else, up and down the top 10 (and even top 15 maybe). Whoever keeps winning can enjoy better rankings and its pretty dumb to keep claiming that such and such a team deserves a better ranking even after losing because we don't want to be results oriented.

Here's some food for thought. UCLA beat Oregon St, which beat Cal, which beat Oregon, who crushed Michigan. This would point to be Pac 10 being up and down the most solid conference in the country and head and shoulders above the other conferences except the SEC. But UCLA also got slaughtered at home by Notre Dame, and everything came full circle with Michigan obliterating Notre Dame at home. This is what I was trying to get at before.

So, here are my rankings:
1. USF (proven wins against quality teams behind them, they can now roll through their remaining schedule which is very easy and be at the title game)
2. tOSU (this annoys me immensely. these guys can basically walk to the national championship and get crushed just like last year because of the abomination that is the big 10.)

And thats it. Below this its an unbelievable mess. Hoes does above mentioned LSU compare to Oklahoma who barely beat a wildly overrated Texas team, lost to Colorado, but crushed Mizzou? Cal beat Oregon but lost to Oregon State, who should be ranked higher? Can you really put the unbeatens like BC or Arizona State above of any of these guys?
Old 10-15-2007, 07:53 PM

Default Re: OFFICIAL NCAAF Rank\'em thread: October 14, 2007

USC would have losses v a typical big11ten schedule right now

they've struggled with 3 of the bottom 4 in the Pac10...lol at thinking they are good

don't forget LSU dominated V Tech and S Car in addition to beating Florida

Of the one-loss teams, it's tough to see anyone who has done as much
Old 10-15-2007, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's some food for thought. Cincinnatti beat Oregon St, which beat Cal, which beat Oregon, who crushed Michigan. This would point to the Big East being up and down the most solid conference in the country and head and shoulders above the other conferences except the SEC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, this doesn't prove anything at all. Also, you're selling LSU short to the point that it's ridiculous. Using the Sagarin ratings which are completely devoid of regional bias and widely recognized as one of the best raters of a team's talent, LSU's played the #22 team, the #12 team, the #10 team, and the #9 team. That's not a weak schedule that's overrated based on name value, it's a verifiable murderer's row. Against that schedule, LSU's won by 41, won by 12, won by 4, and lost by 6 in 3OT. A pretty decent performance considering.

Meanwhile, going by the Sagarin ratings again, USC hasn't played a single Top 40 team all season long. LSU's 4th toughest game which they won by 41 was significantly tougher than the hardest game USC's played all year. USC somehow managed to pick up a loss against that weak schedule (actually weaker than OSU's at this point of the season, believe it or not), but they're somehow underrated because they're not in everyone's Top Ten? Give me a break. It's a gift that they're as high as they are.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
USC would have losses v a typical big11ten schedule right now

they've struggled with 3 of the bottom 4 in the Pac10...lol at thinking they are good

don't forget LSU dominated V Tech and S Car in addition to beating Florida

Of the one-loss teams, it's tough to see anyone who has done as much

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL that is the biggest joke ever. The worst team in the Pac 10 is way better than the entire bottom half of the Big 10. Arizona State, which should you would probably argue is better than USC barely squeezed out a win against the worst team in the conference (Wash St), while USC obliterated them. Meanwhile, USC barely beat Washington while Az St obliterated them.

As for what LSU has done, this counts for nothing. USC pounded on everybody until they played Washington. But no thinks that matters much, including you. Its what you've done recently. All LSU has done is struggle in game after game, until finally losing. They are not clearly better than all of the other one loss teams.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:18 PM

let's just say that there is one team that has played Idaho, Nebraska, and the bottom 4 teams of the Pac10, yet some of their fans want respect win they have a loss, have struggled in other games, and are missing key RBs and OLs.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:22 PM

My point wasn't that the Pac 10 is the deepest conference, my point is no one team is clearly better than any other team this year. I can give you a bajillion examples like the one i gave before. How about LSU obliterating SC, while losing to UK who SC beat?
Old 10-15-2007, 08:23 PM

Just a PSA - Kentucky is UK. Say KU in Lexington and you might not make it to the end of the block uninjured.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think if you're trying to go "purely on what the teams have achieved on the field to the point of putting BC and Arizona State ahead of LSU, what's surprising is not having Kentucky in the Top 10 at all. Winning vs. Louisville, at Arkansas, and vs. LSU is a lot more impressive than anything that Oklahoma, Cal, or South Carolina was done. If I was going 100% on resume and not weighting my personal feelings on who's better at all, I'd have:

1. South Florida
2. Ohio State
3. LSU
4. Kentucky
5. Boston College
6. South Carolina
7. Kansas
8. Oklahoma
9. Arizona State
10. California

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious, do you actually watch college football games? Are you the same person who had GT at #5 earlier?

[/ QUOTE ]

And aren't you the same person who said the Big East is significantly better than the SEC?
Old 10-15-2007, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

LOL that is the biggest joke ever. The worst team in the Pac 10 is way better than the entire bottom half of the Big 10.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's definitely borne out by evidence. Oh no, wait. It's not. The worst team in the Pac-Ten (WSU) actually played one of those bottom half of the Big-Ten teams you're talking about (Wisconsin) and lost by 21 points. I'm not saying the Big-Ten's better than the Pac-Ten; everyone knows the Pac-Ten's slightly better, but can we ditch the hyperbole please?
Old 10-15-2007, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think if you're trying to go "purely on what the teams have achieved on the field to the point of putting BC and Arizona State ahead of LSU, what's surprising is not having Kentucky in the Top 10 at all. Winning vs. Louisville, at Arkansas, and vs. LSU is a lot more impressive than anything that Oklahoma, Cal, or South Carolina was done. If I was going 100% on resume and not weighting my personal feelings on who's better at all, I'd have:

1. South Florida
2. Ohio State
3. LSU
4. Kentucky
5. Boston College
6. South Carolina
7. Kansas
8. Oklahoma
9. Arizona State
10. California

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious, do you actually watch college football games? Are you the same person who had GT at #5 earlier?

[/ QUOTE ]

And aren't you the same person who said the Big East is significantly better than the SEC?

[/ QUOTE ]

I admit that was a significantly wrong assessment.