Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2006, 09:07 AM

Default Re: New Software Announcement - SIXTH SENSE

Well, looks like a good product (and kudos to Ben Ziegler), and lack of time spent scanning on the client side is great, but PTS works just fine for me. I have to wait about 6 mins for a full list scan, and continous scanning is an annoyance, but those are the only disadvantages.

The problem here is the cost. Yes, ok, for a higher stakes player who is reasonably convinced he'll see at least a little increase in his winrate it's a non-issue, but I really don't see a slightly-better-than-break-even low staker such as myself paying more than a few bucks/m for this when PTS is readily available for what, $20 up front? Forget $29/m, even $10/m is high. Yes, it's absolutely +EV if you aren't doing this already - but see, we are.

Like I said if you are targeting the already well-profitable poker player, charge as much as you want. But if you want a wider audience than that I think the price has to come down BIG time.

On the bright side, maybe this will finally convince ptssupport to build scanning on another machine into the next release of PTS [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-16-2006, 09:29 AM

This program rocks!!! I play 1/2 NL (10 Max) at Party. Usually I open up 12 tables at randon and select the best 2-4 tables to play based on PAHUD.

Last night I use Sixth Sense. I was able to look at all 40 tables and open up the best tables to play. I recognized some of the regular fish (some others might say that about me, though) and jumped to those tables. The buddy feature made it easier to do as the night went on.

I need to learn more about the custom scoring feature and will report back my findings. The out of the box scoring is ok. It gave me a rough ordering of the tables, but I tended to look for high VP, low aggro, and low BB/100 (typical stuff). I hope I can use the customer scoring to do this.

Awesome program. Put me down for a copy without a doubt.

-Mike

Btw, is your programmer, Bziegler, the same guy that wrote Xylobot for Everquest. If so, this program is sure to have lots of good customer support and added features based on user needs over time. I used Xylobot for a couple of years. Of course now Poker takes up all my free time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-16-2006, 09:54 AM

Didn't work for me. Setup my database, got the table list, but:

1-Memory use MORE THAN DOUBLES UP when SixtSense runs (and accesses the db)
2-The Refresh button and the Job menu item are now greyed out.
3-I get this error in the log:

7/16/2006 8:44:54 AM App NameQry troyfey
7/16/2006 8:44:54 AM Job Error Error Unexpected protocol character from backend (send_query);
Unexpected protocol character from backend (send_query)
7/16/2006 8:45:56 AM Job Error Unexpected protocol character from backend (send_query);

I'm using Microsoft provider for ODBC because the PostgreSQL provider doesn't work: "Test connection failed because of an error in initializing provider. Unspecified error."
Old 07-16-2006, 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This program rocks!!! I play 1/2 NL (10 Max) at Party. Usually I open up 12 tables at randon and select the best 2-4 tables to play based on PAHUD.

Last night I use Sixth Sense. I was able to look at all 40 tables and open up the best tables to play. I recognized some of the regular fish (some others might say that about me, though) and jumped to those tables. The buddy feature made it easier to do as the night went on.

I need to learn more about the custom scoring feature and will report back my findings. The out of the box scoring is ok. It gave me a rough ordering of the tables, but I tended to look for high VP, low aggro, and low BB/100 (typical stuff). I hope I can use the customer scoring to do this.

Awesome program. Put me down for a copy without a doubt.

-Mike

Btw, is your programmer, Bziegler, the same guy that wrote Xylobot for Everquest. If so, this program is sure to have lots of good customer support and added features based on user needs over time. I used Xylobot for a couple of years. Of course now Poker takes up all my free time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel like I paid you to write that...lol

Thank you!
Old 07-16-2006, 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As for the cost - we've been discussing this in great detail lately, and the good news is - the payment system will be tiered. The more features you wish to have, the higher the price.

This means that people who only want to scan 1 site, or just a few games will have to pay much less than the multi-tabling multi-lobbying full timers.

The exact prices are still unknown, but I will tell you this - once Sixth Sense supports 5+ different sites, (and it will much sooner than you would expect) the people who take advantage of the ability to scan multiple lobbies will not regret the <1$/day it would cost them to do so.

Even at the 25NL level, the EV vs the cost would be far in favor of the player. (But at the 25NL level, you really wouldnt need multiple sites...so it'd be cheaper anyway [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])

When we can give you more detail on the price, we will.

As for the beta period - Would 20$ for a minimum 1 month guaranteed (Full) service be fair? By full service I mean - every site, every limit, every game we upgrade to support, you have access to until the end of the beta period. If we're not ready to release at the end of that period - free extention for all beta customers.
This isn't set in stone, we're still bouncing ideas around.

Hope that cleared some things up for y'all.

And thank you all for your kind words [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] We love to see our work appreciated.

later
-Dan

[/ QUOTE ]

This all sounds very reasonable to me, count me in as a paying customer!
Old 07-16-2006, 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Didn't work for me. Setup my database, got the table list, but:

1-Memory use MORE THAN DOUBLES UP when SixtSense runs (and accesses the db)
2-The Refresh button and the Job menu item are now greyed out.
3-I get this error in the log:

7/16/2006 8:44:54 AM App NameQry troyfey
7/16/2006 8:44:54 AM Job Error Error Unexpected protocol character from backend (send_query);
Unexpected protocol character from backend (send_query)
7/16/2006 8:45:56 AM Job Error Unexpected protocol character from backend (send_query);

I'm using Microsoft provider for ODBC because the PostgreSQL provider doesn't work: "Test connection failed because of an error in initializing provider. Unspecified error."

[/ QUOTE ]

bhud - if you post a screen shot of
a) your datalink connection tab
[right click, Select Database..., connection tab]
b) your Pokertracker database list
[File, Maintain Database Names]
I should be able to tell you how to configure it.

There is also a database configuring guide on the sixth sense website.

-Dan
Old 07-16-2006, 10:33 AM

Ok, I went ahead and downloaded the program...

A couple of suggestions:

Custom Scoring
1. Please add 'Won $ @ SD'
2. There needs to be some type of priority (much like PT auto rate)

Buddy List
I'd love the ability to highlight a table with a color dependent on whether or not a certain player is at the table.

Sites
PokerStars should be your next site added [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-16-2006, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have the same problem.

But if you wait for a while, the "Refresh" button becomes active. That's the case with me anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you hit 'refresh', it pulls the data from the server and then in the background it rates the players accordingly. While this rating is taking place you can not refresh; hence, the refresh button is disabled. Once the rating process is completed you can refresh again...
Old 07-16-2006, 01:10 PM

Gee, reading the instructions actually helps! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

OK, my initial suggestions:

1-Incorporate stack size as a possible field for custom scoring (in multiples of BB is fine, like how PTS does it). I'd rather not chase after penniless fish.

2-I'd like to be able to display and sort on both my custom score and your Fish score to see which one works better. Perhaps even a combined score giving them different user-assigned weights.
Old 07-16-2006, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
seems like a great program. PTS doesn't work half the time, and their support is pretty awful, so i'm glad there is finally a better option.

i'm having one problem though. i deleted the cache and now the refresh button is frozen. i see you fixed a "refresh bug" so i'm assuming that's what it is, but i have the newest version and it's still not working.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I have the same problem.

But if you wait for a while, the "Refresh" button becomes active. That's the case with me anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

We havent heard about this one until these posts.
Josh - is it completely unworkable for you? Usually when the refresh bug shows up, resetting the program will fix any problems.

If that doesnt fix it, Ben will soon enough [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

cheers
-Dan

[/ QUOTE ]

nope, i uninstalled and reinstalled, restarted my computer, etc and it just doesn't work now. up until then it was working out, though for some reason it was only rating like 2/3 the tables which is why i cleared the cache. now the refresh button is frozen and it won't rate the tables