Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2006, 02:24 PM

Default Re: The demise of Gigabet

[ QUOTE ]
Nice attempt to spin the situation. I think it is obvious from my comments I am indifferent to what they do.

Go take a psychology class instead of wasting time making 6,000 meaningless posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah mannnn.... i learned so much in psych 100 about like, human nature and stuff. why dont us two enlightened guys go share a grande caramel macchiato? ever taken any philosophy courses dude??
Old 02-28-2006, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

if that's illegal at party then I'll never play an mtt at party

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? How have you missed the dozens of threads on JJ and ZJ?

[/ QUOTE ]

the ZJ and JJ situation is not the same as what happened in that example of gigabet (and the famous el capitano win in the 500k at stars)
Old 02-28-2006, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone that is so interested in hearing other players bust stories are pathetic. The majority of you guys are losing poker players who are jealous of others success. You enjoy hearing other players failures as it makes you feel better about your miserable lives. Go back to the NL 25 tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kingneo,

People just want to hear big stories. We want to hear stories that are different than the usual stuff. The brain is on a constant search for new venues of stimulation. It's in our biology. Being human, you like it too. It's why newspapers, the 11 o'clock news, drudge, etc. are so successful. The main drive behind this thread isn't schadenfreude for the majority of us. Sure, sometimes I, and others, might make comments like "we want more trainwrecks". But comments like this are simply tongue-in-cheek. When I write comments like that, I assume most readers are going to realize that. If rumors start spreading that someone in a community (whom is generally held in high esteem) has been involved in some crooked activities, is it all that unnatural and pathetic that our human curiousity makes us want to know more about it?

Why do you think the bicyclekick thread, where he called out Mike Matusow, became so popular? It's obviously not because someone got caught cheating, had their life ruined, or went busto. It's because it's a unique, interesting, story which has something extra to offer the reader over the usual mumbo jumbo we see in the forums day in and day out.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone that is so interested in hearing other players bust stories are pathetic. The majority of you guys are losing poker players who are jealous of others success. You enjoy hearing other players failures as it makes you feel better about your miserable lives. Go back to the NL 25 tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me, jealous?!? HA HA HA. Do you have any idea how many $2 sng's I've crushed? Like, at least, three.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:29 AM

You made a quality post and I respect it. Like I said before hte "majortiy " of posters are almost gleeful of the others demise.

I personally think this is sick and it just relect poorly ontheir personality.

If others are interested to just stay up on current events then that is fine, just dont be happy when you hear someone's busto story, that is just not cool.
Old 03-01-2006, 02:29 AM

GIGAKNIGHT
Old 03-01-2006, 02:31 AM

my very old account name on party poker was gigadebt
Old 03-01-2006, 02:45 AM

gigafucked.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
my very old account name on party poker was gigadebt

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf, so yer the reason i had to put an underscore in my name when i created the same name on empire a few months before the split (giga_debt)
Old 03-02-2006, 06:30 PM

All,

Just saw this thread today. Lots of gold in there!

My favorite:

It was like a 2/4 omaha 8/b game. Anyway, one of the guys in the game asked if anyone wanted to raise the limit. I was the only one who said yes. So it didn't happen. But the guy offers me a HU game, I say sure, what stakes. He said 500/1000....I said ok(I had maybe 2500 with me, 500/1000 was wayyyyyyyy over my head at that point in time.) Fortunately, I had friends who saw me win every time I played, so i was able to get 50k from 3 different people.

But, I had never played all high omaha before, i had seen it played, but that was plo, not limit. I'll figure it out, I say to myself.

Long story short, I ended getting stuck 43k, then being up 400k, and then being stuck again. It was unreal. We quit after playing for 14 hours, and we dead even, down to the last 100 dollars, it was unreal.