Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2007, 11:56 PM

Default Re: St.Louis Cardinal Josh Hancock killed...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
riving high by itself is not really that bad at all in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your opinion sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

umm, why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Driving while impaired is a problem....and while I'm not someone who gets high (only once)..I know enough people that have been high many times. They fit the meaning of impaired and would be affected while driving. Slower reaction time increasing risk of accident.

I'm actually surprised I have to even rationalize this. I'm not condemning getting high--just don't do it and then drive. Just like you shouldn't drink too much & drive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Smoking doesnt impair your motor functions like drinking does. I know people that just drive around and smoke all day and have done so for many years, and none of them have ever been in an accident while driving high.

On the other hand, I also have many friends who have driven drunk and totalled their cars, and they are lucky they didnt kill themselves or other people.

Your opinion doesnt even count since you've only smoked once, and probably have no idea what the effects are anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its pretty legitimate to dismiss your opinion based solely on this post. The fact that you think "I know some guys who smoke a lot and they've never been in accidents" makes your point for you makes you a prohibitive favorite to be wrong.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your opinion sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

umm, why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Driving while impaired is a problem....and while I'm not someone who gets high (only once)..I know enough people that have been high many times. They fit the meaning of impaired and would be affected while driving. Slower reaction time increasing risk of accident.

I'm actually surprised I have to even rationalize this. I'm not condemning getting high--just don't do it and then drive. Just like you shouldn't drink too much & drive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Smoking doesnt impair your motor functions like drinking does. I know people that just drive around and smoke all day and have done so for many years, and none of them have ever been in an accident while driving high.

On the other hand, I also have many friends who have driven drunk and totalled their cars, and they are lucky they didnt kill themselves or other people.

Your opinion doesnt even count since you've only smoked once, and probably have no idea what the effects are anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its pretty legitimate to dismiss your opinion based solely on this post. The fact that you think "I know some guys who smoke a lot and they've never been in accidents" makes your point for you makes you a prohibitive favorite to be wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will not argue with you. You seem to have no experience with marijuana or basic factual knowledge of its effects. Your opinions are baseless and irrelevant, but thanks for your response anyway.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:14 AM

doubLe a tom,

Whether you're right or wrong, your point is generally overshadowed by the fact that you come off as an a-hole. Surprise us all by improving on that.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your opinion sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

umm, why?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I will not argue with you. You seem to have no experience with marijuana or basic factual knowledge of its effects. Your opinions are baseless and irrelevant, but thanks for your response anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I watched a bunch of movies with people smoking the marijuana cigarettes in them. Is my anecdotal experience as useless as yours is, yet? I can try harder if no.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your opinion sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

umm, why?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I watched a bunch of movies with people smoking the marijuana cigarettes in them. Is my anecdotal experience as useless as yours is, yet? I can try harder if no.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is my anecdotal experience useless? I dont know what you're trying to say. Do you even have a point?
Old 05-05-2007, 01:29 AM

double a, in my twenties (34 now), I smoked a lot. The guys who are telling you they weren't affected were lying to you and themselves.

Anyone else saddened by the media's need to dwell on this story? Frankly, I don't see how it benefits anyone to know that Hancock was drinking and so on. Just let his family mourn in peace:/
Old 05-05-2007, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
double a, in my twenties (34 now), I smoked a lot. The guys who are telling you they weren't affected were lying to you and themselves.

Anyone else saddened by the media's need to dwell on this story? Frankly, I don't see how it benefits anyone to know that Hancock was drinking and so on. Just let his family mourn in peace:/

[/ QUOTE ]

The more we show young people who may look up to guys like this that doing stupid [censored] like drinking and driving can kill you, the better. the guy made a [censored] stupid choice, and if there is ANY good to come of a situation like this, it will be by continuing to show people that being this irresponsible is unacceptable.

My sympathy is with Hancock's family, friends, and teammates, who lost someone they cared about on some level because he made a stupid choice.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I smoked a lot too. Every day for like 5 years. I used to just drive around all day and smoke with friends when I was in high school. I never had any problems, or close calls, or anything of the like. Nobody is telling me anything. Many of my friends still drive around and smoke all the time. Im pretty sure if it were anywhere near as dangerous as drunk driving, they would have all been in multiple accidents by now and most likely be dead.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I smoked a lot too. Every day for like 5 years. I used to just drive around all day and smoke with friends when I was in high school. I never had any problems, or close calls, or anything of the like. Nobody is telling me anything. Many of my friends still drive around and smoke all the time. Im pretty sure if it were anywhere near as dangerous as drunk driving, they would have all been in multiple accidents by now and most likely be dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

solid logic
Old 05-05-2007, 02:21 AM

Thanks.