Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2007, 04:12 AM

Default Re: New York Giants

Has everybody forgotten the behemoth that is Vernon Davis? This guy is gonna have a sick season if he can stay healthy. The guy runs a 4.4 40, has soft hands and a monster vertical leap. He's a wideout in a tight end's body.

Shockey is probably the better blocker and is a bit stronger, but don't count out Davis.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Has everybody forgotten the behemoth that is Vernon Davis? This guy is gonna have a sick season if he can stay healthy. The guy runs a 4.4 40, has soft hands and a monster vertical leap. He's a wideout in a tight end's body.

Shockey is probably the better blocker and is a bit stronger, but don't count out Davis.

[/ QUOTE ]

i mentioned davis in my first post about who might be better than shockey. he is a monster and definitely has the potential to be better than shockey already.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:46 PM

bump

great to see all the injuries tonight for the giants

was especially disappointed to hear jennings go down with an injury - i like him but his NFL days might be over
Old 08-22-2007, 10:25 AM

tiki, STFU already
Old 08-22-2007, 10:32 AM

Toomer said it best in regards to Tiki's comments.
"...It's kind of strange to have him say something like that and to make a point of it like that. Maybe he had somebody else in his ear kind of coaxing him into saying stuff, because I don't believe he really believes that. I don't know why he'd say something like that."
Old 08-22-2007, 11:26 AM

I'd missed the original comments - I like Eli's comeback.

I like Tiki Barber but he's always looked after one person - the team was incidental.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:09 AM

After the last 2 pre-season games, I have to say I am much more optimistic than I was going into the pre-season. These are the reasons:

1. Eli hasn't just looked good, he's looked GREAT. Say what you want about the Jets defense, but that Baltimore first-string defense came to play in the second game, and Eli played very well.

2. The running game -- particularly Jacobs -- has been better than I expected, and that's running typical vanilla-style pre-season plays. The line also seems to have done a decent job blocking.

3. The first-string defense has looked better than I expected. While they did not play offensive juggernauts in the Ravens or Jets, my recollection is that the Jets' offense is OK and they did nothing against the Giants' first-stringers, and that's without Strahan.

Concerns:

1. The kicking game sucks.
2. Injuries and lack of depth, particularly in the secondary and WR.

I know ... it's PRESEASON. But the 3rd pre-season game can be a halfway decent indicator, and the Giants dominated the Jets. And I feel like we can give the 2nd game some value because, like I said above, the Ravens first-string defense looked like it was playing hard.

Anyone else want to chime in with expectations now that the bulk of the exhibition season is over?
Old 08-27-2007, 10:18 AM

Eli is playing very well, he is 30-for-43 for 287 yards and three touchdowns with no interceptions in the preseason. All this without Burress and also with Shockey and Toomer out sometimes as well.

Even with the 79 yard TD by Leon Washington the Giants 1st string defense shut the Jets down after that...the Jets finished the first half with only 66 net yards.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Eli is playing very well, he is 30-for-43 for 287 yards and three touchdowns with no interceptions in the preseason. All this without Burress and also with Shockey and Toomer out sometimes as well.

Even with the 79 yard TD by Leon Washington the Giants 1st string defense shut the Jets down after that...the Jets finished the first half with only 66 net yards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eli looks good. He's c;early pleased to have Toomer back. I think he'll prob make some strides this year.

Re the Giants defense, they still suck. The Jets O line is in shambles right now and nothing you saw the other night should make you worry less about your front 7. Also, your back 4 aren't good either.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Re the Giants defense, they still suck. The Jets O line is in shambles right now and nothing you saw the other night should make you worry less about your front 7. Also, your back 4 aren't good either.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think anyone is worried about the front 4. With or without Strahan, that remains a strength of the defense. The back 7 are the problem, but I thought the LBs looked more than decent during the pre-season. Of course that could change when the regular season starts and offenses mix it up.