Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2007, 07:28 PM

Default Re: a special kind of [censored]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The people who have cell phone conversations during movies rank near the top of the list for me. This seems to be happening with greater frequency these days.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's because people don't do anything about these atrocities anymore.

Do the world a favor... next time you see someone being a jerk in any of the above-mentioned capacities, call them on the carpet for it.

[/ QUOTE ]
ugh, I was in the school library working on a paper and some idiot started talking on the phone. he didn't even attempt to talk quieter, or get up and walk away, and from what I could pick up was anything but important. I sooo wanted to just tell the [censored] to STFU but relented, didn't seem worth making scene over it, and as KyleB mentioned, to many times the guy that calls the [censored] on it ends up being made out as the bad guy.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:32 PM

There is a tactful way to say just about anything.

"Could you please take your call outside, I am trying to study?"

If he is snide at all, unleash Hell and you'd be surprised how many people would be on your side.

If they don't understand, that's their problem.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe if you just went when it was your turn none of this would happen. FWIW, if someone at a four-way stop clearly has the right-of-way, I will usually ignore their offer to go first. I think this has to do with my driver ed training from twenty-five years ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? So two people roll to a stop sign at the same time. Yes, the same time...I don't have some electronic device in my car that prints some read out that tells me precisely who got their first to the millisecond so we are going to have eyeball this one, you with me? The other car has the right-of-way and isn't making a move to go so you motion for him to move and he just sits there like a dipsh*t. You go and then he goes. What don't you get? Or are you just trying to argue about something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently, you neither read my later answer nor paid attention in Driver Ed, so here goes: when there is a "tie" at a 4-way intersection, the car on the right has the right-of-way.

The only time there should be any confusion is if you approach an intersection at the same time as someone coming in your direction, and one of you wants to turn left.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I sooo wanted to just tell the [censored] to STFU but relented, didn't seem worth making scene over it, and as KyleB mentioned, to many times the guy that calls the [censored] on it ends up being made out as the bad guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't let people get away with [censored]. Ever.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:36 PM

t and others,

Another point re: apps, if it was really good and other people want some more too, it's easy to order more. Smart orderers can recognize this situation in advance and handle proactively!
Old 03-26-2007, 07:36 PM

Guys, I don't think the ones involving driving should make this list. Lots of people are [censored] when driving, at least compared to the amount of people that will be an [censored] to someone's face. Don't get me wrong though, using the shoulder, or in particular letting someone in and not getting the wave can be VERY annoying.

I don't know if I can top the OP. I remember when I was delivering pizza some [censored] actually took out change in his pocket to pay exactly the cost, no tip. Or once I had to stop my car and refill the engine coolant (water temperrature got dangerously high) which caused a delivery to be 5 minitues late. Douchebag called my boss and bitched enough to get like 25% off and didn't tip (I also explained why I was late).
Old 03-26-2007, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
t and others,

Another point re: apps, if it was really good and other people want some more too, it's easy to order more. Smart orderers can recognize this situation in advance and handle proactively!

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you always so eloquently point out the social retardation that plagues 2+2ers (including myself)?
Old 03-26-2007, 08:04 PM

I'll second people who don't make an effort to move out of the way in a confined area when its obvious I am try to make my way through politely.

Normally I just grumble to myself and try to squeeze by because I am a timid puss but today I was at the airport and late for a flight and I completely plowed into an [censored] who didn't move out of the way. It felt great. This guy was standing in a doorway facing me as I was trying to get through with two large boxes under my arms. I said "excuse me" as I got near but he didn't move and my right arm with the box underneath it shoved into him and I didn't look back.

I don't know why that type of thing gets me so much except for that when I notice someone coming my way that need to fit through I make an effort to get out of the way. Its common courtesy in my opinion.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:07 PM

MLJ,

That specific situation tends to befuddle the vast majority of people. Time after time people look at me like I'm f'ing Einstein when I flag down the waitress and say "hey, could we get another order of the xxxx? thanks"
Old 03-26-2007, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
group of 4 dining. some appetizer involves 5 pieces, everyone has one and enjoys. guy just dives right in and brazenly scoops up the last piece.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the appetizer was the scooper's idea in the first place, I have no problem with this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have much of a problem with this either. Someone has to eat it, and even if he says, "does anyone want this?" you know everyone will say "go ahead" and he will eat it anyway. It's polite to ask, but whatever. This is really tame compared to the other [censored] in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

among my group of friends it's perfectly acceptable for me to ask for a chop after someone has asked for the last piece. this obviously only works for things that are easily cut in half (a slice of pizza vs. a piece of sushi for example). I would think that a 3way chop is weird though.