Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 05:29 PM

Default Re: free Nate

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys, steamboatin is the same guy who thanked the admins, and tech guys for implementing a failed forum upgrade over a holiday weekend.

Obviously his sense of reality is a little far off from the rest of the world.

He also seems to really like sucking up to the forum owners, which is fine I guess, but makes him in my mind, a little less credible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget also that he's fat.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:31 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

posting in these forums are just like being in the lobby of 2+2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How are these two things anything alike? One is a forum for discussion and the other is a place of business not designed specifically for the purpose of discussing ideas.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a place where 2+2 interacts with their customers. I would be interested in knowing how the powers that be perceive their forums.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:36 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys, steamboatin is the same guy who thanked the admins, and tech guys for implementing a failed forum upgrade over a holiday weekend.

Obviously his sense of reality is a little far off from the rest of the world.

He also seems to really like sucking up to the forum owners, which is fine I guess, but makes him in my mind, a little less credible.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is incredibly funny.

I sell bank repo houses and I am the guy that shows up at your door and sets you, your kids and all your [censored] out in the middle of the street when you don't pay your house payment. LOL, but I am very polite the entire time.

Being nice costs me absolutely nothing but it pays back benefits beyond calculations.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:38 PM

How's your sex life?
Old 07-02-2007, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I sell bank repo houses and I am the guy that shows up at your door and sets you, your kids and all your [censored] out in the middle of the street when you don't pay your house payment. LOL, but I am very polite the entire time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey calling it your job ol' hoss sure don't make it right
But if you want me to I'll say a prayer for your soul tonight
Old 07-02-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How long would you be able to stand in the lobby of a business, bank, hotel, etc. and say their products weren't very good or as good as they should be before you were asked to leave?

[/ QUOTE ]

steam,

nate repeatedly said the products were good. he said he wanted to improve an already good product. why would you take offense to someone saying that?

all,

also, "Holdem Poker For Advanced Players" has a forewarning called "A Note on the English" stating that there are problems w/ the grammar in the text. im not sure why mason is so sensitive to criticisms about grammar when they have freely admitted to not being overly concerned about it in the past in their own books.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

posting in these forums are just like being in the lobby of 2+2

[/ QUOTE ]

To take this one step further, this would mean that highly respected posters would be VIP customers.

If I have a VIP customer visiting me in the lobby of my business, criticizing a flaw with the product, I listen to what they have to say. If I don't like the discussion happening in a public forum, I invite the customer to discuss it in private. If I don't want to discuss it (or don't want to discuss it any more), I stop participating in the discussion. I may even warn them that they are out-of-line and if they don't stop I'm going to ask them to leave.

I do not, however, fire a customer in this manner, without warning.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:58 PM

steam,

Your whole position regarding what 2+2 forums are does not at all square with the fact that forums like BBV4L, NVG, and OOT are allowed to exist here and discussion of countless topics that would not be appropriate in any business setting are deemed acceptable.

Here's a sampling of topics that are currently active in those forums:

Phil Ivey is a strip club degen
in this thread we name investments better than staking TJ
Famous poker player caught in bed w/ another poker players' wife?
Which poker players look like they do drugs?
Card Runners Tech support is a joke.
Sexual variance
WTF my farts smell so bad they are preventing me from sleeping
Threeway turns weird--hot or not?
Girls & PhotoBucket Accounts *** NSFW ***
Beat: Made out w/ fattie in public
Best Jerking off session of my life
How do I stop my girlfriend making sounds during sex?
ask me about being the happiest guy alive (i.e. I just rubbed one out)
is smoking a blunt or eating mcdonalds worse for you?
Friend pisses in my bed....

Let's not act like 2+2 is something that it's not.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:02 PM

if you didn't want to hear it anymore, why didn't you just lock the thread? i mean a ban? c'mon.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you talk bad about their products and business practices, you should be asked to leave.

[/ QUOTE ]

In addition to what ElD said, I thought 2+2 welcomed feedback on their products.
Additionally, it seems like there has been a lot of criticism of the actual CONTENT of many of their products.
Various people have had problems with the strategy-advice in HOH, NLHTP, etc etc.
Many others were up in arms over the upcoming SNG book by Collin Moshman because he's not an SNG forum regular.

I don't believe anybody was banned for any of the much harsher criticisms of 2+2 here. I suspect Mason would even say that he welcomes such criticism of the advice and that he feels very strongly that the content in 2+2 books can speak and defend for itself against other viewpoints.

So I really don't get this mindset that Steam has that being critical of 2+2 should mean you should be asked to leave because it seems very much that Mason usually says such criticisms and discussion are fine.

If the philosophy at 2+2 was that they really just wanted to discuss the way they advocate approaching the game and aren't really interested in discussing or publicizing other viewpoints or products that Steam's point would be correct that Nate was over-the-line and would have to go.

However, there would be about 5,000 others on here who have been much more rude in their criticisms who have never been banned who would have to be shown the exit-door before Nate.
Closed Thread