ok, I decided to reply point by point:

[ QUOTE ]
this Patriots team is not 2004 or 2003 good

[/ QUOTE ]
agree

[ QUOTE ]
The secondary is still banged up

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the 3rd year in a row that the secondary has been banged up in the playoffs, although I concede the secondary is the worst of the 3.

[ QUOTE ]
their running game is still nonexistent

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, and think they'll still be able to put it together when it matters. Last night against a good run defense, Faulk/Dillon ran 23 times for 91 yards, and total rushing for the game was 118. I wouldn't say this is "non existent".

[ QUOTE ]
with Matt Light still out, they could dominate the Patriots O-line, which would win them the game right then.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Pats O line is playing fine - the rookies on the left side have gelled.The loss of Light was a big deal, but has been minmized as his backups have gained experience. As far as "wining the game right there", well, that just doesn't make a lot of sense.

[ QUOTE ]
The Broncos aren't much worse. They can stop Brady

[/ QUOTE ]

why do you feel this way?

[ QUOTE ]
they can run the ball

[/ QUOTE ]

The way the Pats front 7 is playing, nobody will be able to run on them. (exception might be the Colts in 3 WR/passing sets).

[ QUOTE ]
but Jake Plummer hasn't made his usual mistakes

[/ QUOTE ]

It really doesn't matter how many mistakes he HAS made

[ QUOTE ]
and Lelie and Smith are legit threats

[/ QUOTE ]

Kind of like Ward/Burress, and Harrison/Wayne, and Bruce/Holt, and....

[ QUOTE ]
Plus, the Patriots aren't going to able to run the ball against an above average run defense

[/ QUOTE ]

I already spoke to this point

[ QUOTE ]
even the two-time defending champions are going to have trouble, especially as they have fallen from their 2003-2004 level

[/ QUOTE ]

agree...but they will be VERY live dogs, and a win at Denver would not surprise me at all. I win at Indy would surprise me more.
Old 01-08-2006, 02:17 PM

Default Re: ***The OFFICIAL Jags - Pats game thread***

[ QUOTE ]

The way the Pats front 7 is playing, nobody will be able to run on them. (exception might be the Colts in 3 WR/passing sets).

[/ QUOTE ]
Denver and Kansas City both have good enough o lines that they can and will run the ball effectively against any team in the entire NFL.
Old 01-08-2006, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Denver and Kansas City both have good enough o lines that they can and will run the ball effectively against any team in the entire NFL.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

great run defenses have an advantage over great run offenses. the latest example was last years AFC championship.
Old 01-08-2006, 02:50 PM

Indy did not have a great run offense last year even then Denver has the second best run defense in the league so they'll shut down the pats running game. Denver can run the ball on anyone
Since week 3
KC 221 yards
Jacksonville 188
Washington 165
New England 178
Giants 191
Philly 255
Oakland 121
Jets 196
Dallas 144
Kansas City 131
Baltimore 96
Buffalo 178
Oakland 155
San Diego 157

Every game there except one they ran the ball really well and I expect the same thing to happen next week.
Old 01-08-2006, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Indy did not have a great run offense last year even then Denver has the second best run defense in the league so they'll shut down the pats running game. Denver can run the ball on anyone
Since week 3
KC 221 yards
Jacksonville 188
Washington 165
New England 178
Giants 191
Philly 255
Oakland 121
Jets 196
Dallas 144
Kansas City 131
Baltimore 96
Buffalo 178
Oakland 155
San Diego 157

Every game there except one they ran the ball really well and I expect the same thing to happen next week.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Pats played at Pittsburgh (the most run oriented offense in the league)in the AFC championship last year - not Indy.

Regardless, I guess this argument is kind of silly to have. I don't think Denver will be able to run effectively vs NE, and people disagree with me. Maybe we'll find out next week...
Old 01-08-2006, 03:55 PM

Once again NE get PWNED next week no matter who they play.
Old 01-08-2006, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dude everyone has read your useless posts 3 times this thread.

you have no value to add, so please go away, or go have some human contact outside of the internet...I feel you need it.
Old 01-08-2006, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dude everyone has read your useless posts 3 times this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct. If you're going to just make trolling posts trying to rile people up, just don't post at all. There are plenty of people who are sharing the viewpoint that the Pats might not win next week, but they're at least offering some specific thoughts and arguments on why they think that. Take note.
Old 01-08-2006, 04:40 PM

The secondary is at it's weakest, and Peyton Manning + Harrison + Wayne will abuse that on turf, and the Broncos can certainly take advantage of that with Plummer + Lelie + Smith.

Broncos O-line is good, and as good as the Patriots front seven is, the Broncos can wear anyone down, and just keep running the football.

The Patriots rush offense is not nonexistent, but the Broncos rush defense is above average, and Dillon has lost a step. I do not expect the Patriots to run the ball effectively.

As for the Patriots passing game, Denver's pass defense is good, but I agree, Brady should find a way to get some points. Just saying that Brady won't be able to shred this defense like he has in the past weeks.

The Colts D-line is good. Brady could be the best QB in the league, but Brady won't be able to do a great job with Freeney in his face all year long.

Last year, and the year before that, the Patriots were really good. They were the best team in the league, with a mature Brady, a great defense both times, and all of the intangibles (see: Belicheck). This year, that defense has fallen apart, and somewhat come back together, but nowhere near 2004 levels, and Dillon has lost a big step in the running game while the Colts have found a defense, while Denver discovered Tatum Bell and Mike Anderson.

The Patriots will probably have to go on the road to two teams (probably the only two teams) clearly better than they are, the two best teams in the NFL.
Old 01-08-2006, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

utmt. You bring a lot to the table. Well thought out.