Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2007, 04:21 PM

Default Re: To Catch a Predator

i would just like to go on the record as saying that this is the best show on television. you must realize that these people's lives are getting completely ruined, for the most taboo crime, on national television. i just wish that they would interview them later and be like,
"could you describe the rush of adrenaline you felt when you saw chris hansen and knew you were busted? can you also describe the panic and/or devastation when you realized you were going to jail AND were on national television AND everyone in your community will think of you as a sick child molester AND your parents and family will disown you AND you will lose custody of your kids in your impending divorce AND INNNNNNNNNNNNN YOU FAAAAAAAAAACE!!!!!!!!!"

at the police station, after its all over and its just setting in for the guy that his life is ruined, they should have a guy in a clown costume with down syndome jump and yell "INNNNNNNN YOU FAAAAAAAACE!!" to the guy. that would really be the coup de grace.

also, i will add that i feel that the "predators" are getting dicked over by the law and it is pretty unfair, but it in no way detracts from my enjoyment of the show. in fact, i think it makes me enjoy it more.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also, i will add that i feel that the "predators" are getting dicked over by the law and it is pretty unfair, but it in no way detracts from my enjoyment of the show. in fact, i think it makes me enjoy it more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree entirely with that. I love watching it, and love trying to imagine what they must be feeling. And the addition of less sketchy guys who you can quasi relate to makes it even better. As much as I might morally think the show "should" stop these investigations, I'd hate to see it actually happen. It's so sadistically awesome.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My legal question is how they are able to show the guy's faces. I thought that if you did not want your face on TV, then it was not to be shown (think of cops). I seriously doubt these guys consented to that, what the hell???

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I remember hearing somewhere that people agree to have their faces shown on TCAP and in exchange they get some leniency in their sentencing. Could this be the case?
Old 04-22-2007, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree entirely with that. I love watching it, and love trying to imagine what they must be feeling. And the addition of less sketchy guys who you can quasi relate to makes it even better. As much as I might morally think the show "should" stop these investigations, I'd hate to see it actually happen. It's so sadistically awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

So is bangin 14 year olds.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:36 PM

Anyone defending these perverts, or crying about how "unethical" it is, is a huge douche bag. I mean, wtf are you people thinking? The only problem I have with the show is that they dont cut the predators balls off.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone defending these perverts, or crying about how "unethical" it is, is a huge douche bag. I mean, wtf are you people thinking? The only problem I have with the show is that they dont cut the predators balls off.

[/ QUOTE ]

so its ok to be sadistically violent to sadistic people? you have a [censored] up view of morality.

i don't know if you are american, but do you not believe in the "cruel and unusual punishment" clause in the bill of rights? same for the "fair trial" bit?
Old 04-22-2007, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so its ok to be sadistically violent to sadistic people? you have a [censored] up view of morality.

i don't know if you are american, but do you not believe in the "cruel and unusual punishment" clause in the bill of rights?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are the one defending pedophiles...not me.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know if you are american, but do you not believe in the "cruel and unusual punishment" clause in the bill of rights?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But is anyone defending you?
Old 04-22-2007, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no i am not. I am attacking sadistic draconian ideologies and policies.

anyway, i really would like you to answer my questions if you would. I am interested in your thoughts on them.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no i am not. I am attacking sadistic draconian ideologies and policies.

anyway, i really would like you to answer my questions if you would. I am interested in your thoughts on them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am American. I also beleive in the whole Good Vs Evil thing, which some of you probably do not. I believe that there are certain people that are just evil people, and I dont believe in moral relativism like some of you may, pedophiles are pedophiles, there is something like an 80% recidivism rate, and if you do it once, honestly enough, that is enough for me to think you should be neutered. Your idea that society is more "progressive" by not dolling out harsh punishments is something I think is ludicrous.